Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Candy Cane Skin Visual Error

Llyssa

Candy Cane Skin for the Reaper Prime... The skin is apparently about 10% to 15% bigger than is designated in the code--the sugatra is in the middle of the handle, and the elemental effects are in thin air inside of the curve, instead of on the curve itself. Will have pics when I can figure out where they're hidden now, but it should be very easy to see how it merely needs to be resized. EDIT: It's worth noting that Hate and Ether Reaper candy cane skins also suffer the same issues. Hate is only about 5% to 7% off, while Ether Reaper is off by about the same as Reaper Prime.

ht5h8w.jpghvph0n.jpg

That's on the reaper prime... the rest are, well, similar, but I think 1 pic set is enough to show it.

Edited by Llyssa

I can confirm this happens on the regular Ether Reaper too. It seems like the sugatras are still anchoring to their positions on the regular weapon, in stead of matching the slightly longer skin. Mine hangs in the air slightly below the handle. I'll post a picture later.

Why is candy cane still ingame though... I made a bet I would use it till it got removed... its been 3.5 months... it aint Christmas anymore...

Why would it not be? It's a cosmetic, I paid for it. You can't go around deleting stuff people paid for because someone doesn't want to lose a bet.

Why is candy cane still ingame though... I made a bet I would use it till it got removed... its been 3.5 months... it aint Christmas anymore...

You bought it, you get to keep it. There's no sense in them removing it from the game. Same reason the Halloween and Shamrock color packs and Day of the Dead skins are still in game.

I would have never caught this error, thanks.  Will roll out the fix in a future update.

I went ahead and checked, and it looks like all alt-model skins(Brokk Hammer, Dagger Axe, Manticore) have similar issues.

Why would it not be? It's a cosmetic, I paid for it. You can't go around deleting stuff people paid for because someone doesn't want to lose a bet.

You paid 1 Credit! 

Also DE has said in the past that seasonal stuff would stay seasonal... This one does not seem to want to go away despite megan insisting many times that it would. Its like the grinner pumpkin/bunny heads. It breaks the game immersion to be there 24/7

You paid 1 Credit! 

Also DE has said in the past that seasonal stuff would stay seasonal... This one does not seem to want to go away despite megan insisting many times that it would. Its like the grinner pumpkin/bunny heads. It breaks the game immersion to be there 24/7

I'm pretty sure they meant that it would leave the market. It left. It that regard it's just like seasonal color pickers. And I'm not really playing a game about nearly omnicidal space ninjas for the immersion aspect.

You paid 1 Credit! 

I find my single credit more important than your absolutely meaningless bet. The point isn't how much I paid for it, it's that I had to pay for it. You are completely free to welch on your bet, or even lose it on purpose--it's a very private thing between you and someone else; it shouldn't affect anyone else, particularly since your entire argument is "Gosh, I don't want to lose a bet".

I like my candy cane skin, and I want to keep it. I like my Day of the Dead skins, and I want to keep them. I like my proto armor, and I want to keep it. Being available for a limited time shouldn't invalidate them to those that bought them.

Checking, the visual effects for elements are proper now(YAY!), but the sugatra is still in weird places on all 3(one has it floating off the handle by about an inch or so, the other 2 are quite close to the middle still)