Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destroy The Ddos.

S0ulre4per

Uuh... What on Phobos are you on about? If you'd care to elaborate a bit then I think people would be more inclined to help with whatever it is you're asking.

For starters, who gave you an IP ban? Because last I checked DE doesn't even do IP bans. Who are you trying to strike back against? Lastly what does this have to do with the DDoS attacks?

No IP ban here... there again... I wasn't DDOSing them, so there would be no need to block my IP :p

a Distributed Denial of Service attack would mass IP ban in order to dim the attacker's strength.

a denial of service attack is when a computer on the internet send requests to a server and does not wait for the return. this clogs the internet line of the server and forces it to answer to the attacker. even tho the answer can be turned off to prevent server lock up, the internet pipes still get clogged.

a distributed variant is done by several computers, usually zombified, unaware they are peforming said attack. the purspose is of course to clog a big pipe, like the one DE uses. several zombies would have several IPs wich can even be dynamic or be adjusted to use a proxy.

im quite certain this will become police matter.

Uuh... What on Phobos are you on about? If you'd care to elaborate a bit then I think people would be more inclined to help with whatever it is you're asking.

For starters, who gave you an IP ban? Because last I checked DE doesn't even do IP bans. Who are you trying to strike back against? Lastly what does this have to do with the DDoS attacks?

This morning i tried to login in forums but i couldn't because it said that i have an IP ban. Now everything is ok. Im not striking against anything. im just wondering if there is some 1 who can harm THEM