Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companions And Followers

(PSN)DeathVegance

ok so both me personallly and my clan and my freinds would love to see the companion aspect of the game come to life. currently they are sentientals which follow you and they have hinted at there being monsters or animal like creatures, but how cool or different would it be to have one be yours. not like c.o.d. ghost with the dog, but more like familars and companions in rpgs like diablo. they follow for the most part but have a very active and personal role outside being your personal pack mule(with a gun) that said having this aspect could even open up things like aruas and "purpose" mods. make them guard you or scout ahead like a radar. maybe even have them be a radial disarm targeting weapons to make melee combat a must. the canvas is huge and empty in there area because of how broad the game is as a rpg shooter. 

ok so both me personallly and my clan and my freinds would love to see the companion aspect of the game come to life. currently they are sentientals which follow you and they have hinted at there being monsters or animal like creatures, but how cool or different would it be to have one be yours. not like c.o.d. ghost with the dog, but more like familars and companions in rpgs like diablo. they follow for the most part but have a very active and personal role outside being your personal pack mule(with a gun) that said having this aspect could even open up things like aruas and "purpose" mods. make them guard you or scout ahead like a radar. maybe even have them be a radial disarm targeting weapons to make melee combat a must. the canvas is huge and empty in there area because of how broad the game is as a rpg shooter. 

I like this idea. I can see something like this happening in the future hopefully.

I somewhat agree to this idea. However it would suit a lot better if Warframe became a freeroam game.

Not entirely. Most companions in free roam games usually have no use but to show them off. In Warframe i could see them having a real purpose. I really like the aura ideas for them such as defense, offense etc. Sentinels 2.0 maybe? :l

Companions are being worked on - in a few updates from now we'll be having Kubrows (aka parkour llama dogs).

A free-roam world would be awesome but it could take a lot of time to make - as far as I know DE is currently trying to at least make 'planetary hubs' where players can gather and interact, but that's as far as I've heard at the moment.

Basically less reason for people to ever go online again?

not entirely, like i said small amount of recourse. if they made it an ample amount itd be to easy. like the companion app could be used to get like 1 nearal sensor and polmer bundles then the invetory is full and you have to log in to collect it and then refill. id mainly like to see it for something to do on lunch at work as well as something to do on the road on long trips with friends.ya feel?