Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requesting Fan Art Of Concepts. (Since I Can't Draw.)

Evariskitsune

All this technical stuff is so CONFUSING... ooooh is that a rabbit unicorn.... ahhhh.

How is technical details confusing?  they're precision points and specify direct differences rather than generalizations.  Were you to be considering things based on logic with foreknowledge of the vocabulary, it should be less confusing then otherwise, should it not?

How is this the boltor and how is the length impossible? Please note the propulsion method is significantly different, the boltor fires APDS (or may not even have a sabot and be simply firing the bolts if it is another coil gun like the Lanka), not APFSDS rounds, and the 2 meter length of the gun is present in real life rifles.

The above rifle is 2 meters long.

Sounds likely it may be an APDS. But seems like the added weight and space of the APDS may not exactly fit the Boltor's rather slim, elegant design. Unless, of course, the Tenno have perfected this art. It could really be simply a glorified nail-gun, for all we know, but the amount of power behind each shot which sends enemies flying sure creates the impression it fires some heavy stuff.

Also, a quick google search yielded the answer to what the terminology meant. Internet is impressive technology.

But as for weapon length... Generally it can be however long you wish, depending on the job of the weapon. For a rail gun, especially for a fantasy game, seeing that Warframe has very little element of sci-fi apart from the setting, that length is arbitrary. No known technological limits or drawbacks to hold us down. It could really be about 1 meter long, and it wouldn't matter. Explained by magic science. 

Of course, a longer barrel would suit the rail gun, because adding more kick along the rail is the best way to go, though adding length beyond a point starts to get less efficient, I would guess (Though I'm not certain). A 2m gun wouldn't be too out of this world. The Tenno themselves are about 2m tall, I think. A gun that's slightly longer than you can still be slung, and in a game where physics hardly matters, is not a concern.

A super long gun does give us a good way to motivate our Freudian desires for phallic satisfaction, however. I can see it now.

Railgun, Galatine and Stug. The longest weapons in the game, all on one warframe. Oh, tell me that's not catering to your secret, subconscious desires, my dears?

Sounds likely it may be an APDS. But seems like the added weight and space of the APDS may not exactly fit the Boltor's rather slim, elegant design. Unless, of course, the Tenno have perfected this art. It could really be simply a glorified nail-gun, for all we know, but the amount of power behind each shot which sends enemies flying sure creates the impression it fires some heavy stuff.

Also, a quick google search yielded the answer to what the terminology meant. Internet is impressive technology.

But as for weapon length... Generally it can be however long you wish, depending on the job of the weapon. For a rail gun, especially for a fantasy game, seeing that Warframe has very little element of sci-fi apart from the setting, that length is arbitrary. No known technological limits or drawbacks to hold us down. It could really be about 1 meter long, and it wouldn't matter. Explained by magic science. 

Of course, a longer barrel would suit the rail gun, because adding more kick along the rail is the best way to go, though adding length beyond a point starts to get less efficient, I would guess (Though I'm not certain). A 2m gun wouldn't be too out of this world. The Tenno themselves are about 2m tall, I think. A gun that's slightly longer than you can still be slung, and in a game where physics hardly matters, is not a concern.

A super long gun does give us a good way to motivate our Freudian desires for phallic satisfaction, however. I can see it now.

Railgun, Galatine and Stug. The longest weapons in the game, all on one warframe. Oh, tell me that's not catering to your secret, subconscious desires, my dears?

Well I was thinking on the length for a more realistic point, but yes, it hardly matters in a game like this... but again, it's supposed to be sci-fi, not fantasy, after all.

Well I was thinking on the length for a more realistic point, but yes, it hardly matters in a game like this... but again, it's supposed to be sci-fi, not fantasy, after all.

I'll be completely frank: I don't think they put that much thought into the setting yet to actually make Warframe qualify as a scifi.

Star Wars is scifi. The Force is explained, FTL travel is explained, lightsabers are explained, bacta, blaster rifles, weaponry are all explained with technology that is available in that era. They know what they know, they know what they don't know, to put it simply. Same for Deus Ex and Mass Effect.

Warframe? We rely on the Void, which as far as we know, is space magic. Lanka was as scientific an explanation as we got, and you know how THAT turned out.

We do know they have... like, cloning tech, robots, huge ships and solar rails though. But nothing else. Not how it works, where it came from. Nothing.

Even Fantasy worlds have lore in that sense, a la Lord of The Rings and The Sword of Truth (or Wheel of Time).

If we wanna treat it like scifi... the devs gotta treat it like scifi. XD

I'll be completely frank: I don't think they put that much thought into the setting yet to actually make Warframe qualify as a scifi.

Star Wars is scifi. The Force is explained, FTL travel is explained, lightsabers are explained, bacta, blaster rifles, weaponry are all explained with technology that is available in that era. They know what they know, they know what they don't know, to put it simply. Same for Deus Ex and Mass Effect.

Warframe? We rely on the Void, which as far as we know, is space magic. Lanka was as scientific an explanation as we got, and you know how THAT turned out.

We do know they have... like, cloning tech, robots, huge ships and solar rails though. But nothing else. Not how it works, where it came from. Nothing.

Even Fantasy worlds have lore in that sense, a la Lord of The Rings and The Sword of Truth (or Wheel of Time).

If we wanna treat it like scifi... the devs gotta treat it like scifi. XD

Well that much is fair I suppose.  But I'd rather treat it as scifi and help push it forward to truly being sci-fi than let it divulge further into fantasy. 

Then again the devs could even make magic a sci-fi reality if they made it so that somehow the long-standing time in the void allowed individuals to affect quantum  chance on a macroscopic scale innately without external means, and thus, canonize magic through scientific terminology. 

Ah, gotcha.  Just was one of those things which stood out to me as being exaggerated beyond human dimensions.   If I may give further constructive criticism; you should make the breast area more gradual, instead of making the breasts, just the breasts.  I would suggest removing those weird ridge things on the head which seem out of place, and either giving the helmet a bit more length, perhaps as long as Volt albeit in different dimensions to give it a more fox-like angular look, or instead taking out the forward angles and making it more plain, like mechafox

mecha_fox_by_dreamingfoxy-d2xrcjp.jpg

Man, havent seen the Mechafox art for very long time. Last time i saw it was on The Elder Scrolls Nexus where someone made a armor mod based on that art.

Hey, kitsune, whats the primary difference that is going to differenciate between a fox girl and a cat girl?

Physically?  Slightly more angular features, taller ears, and well fox tail vs cat tail should be obvious. 

Images for comparison;

Foxgirl:

Chizuru_Minamoto_by_Global_risk_Tamer.gi

1392-267183994.png

Catgirl:

nuku-nuku.jpg

And what do you want on the face and arms?

The arms are up to you; I thought that they'd have the long-sleeved coat atop the majority of them, but there I'd leave you to detail.  As for on the face... Well, something angular but fitting for a fox.  Compare a fox face sketch and a traditional kitsune mask;

fox-face-md.png

Okami_Amaterasu_Kitsune_Mask_by_merimask

All kinds of criticism accepted except vague ones. Please point out what I should do to fix.
This is just a vague outline before im going to go into 'try' details.

Lower:

photo_1.jpg

Top: Yes, that thing curlign around her is suppose to be the tail.

photo_2.jpg

Full: (How can i make it look more like a girl?

photo_3.jpg

Beginner at drawing people/mechs/warframes, so...

Physically?  Slightly more angular features, taller ears, and well fox tail vs cat tail should be obvious. 

Images for comparison;

Foxgirl:

Chizuru_Minamoto_by_Global_risk_Tamer.gi

1392-267183994.png

Catgirl:

nuku-nuku.jpg

The arms are up to you; I thought that they'd have the long-sleeved coat atop the majority of them, but there I'd leave you to detail.  As for on the face... Well, something angular but fitting for a fox.  Compare a fox face sketch and a traditional kitsune mask;

Ah, sorry, i drew that image before I saw all of this.
And yeah, I forgot the coat
Edited by jjpdn

All kinds of criticism accepted except vague ones. Please point out what I should do to fix.

Lower:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Lower:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Lower: Looks alright for the most part; though the skirt would look better if it were one piece with a see-through (or hole in) the front.  An example; (though you should keep your length.) 

Saber.%28Fate.EXTRA%29.full.950843.jpg

Upper:  I would suggest removing the whisker features on the head; make them more faint drawing / repression from the sides of the mask.  Remove the nose dot completely.  Ears should be taller as previous examples; and the tail should be more voluminous.  (again, as previous examples.)

Full: How to make more feminine-  Narrow the waist by 2-5%, increase breast size, slightly increase all limb thickness, increase the "hourglass" shape of the torso.  (as in the next spoiler)

Hourglass-Body-Shape_zb7dwk.jpg

Edited by Evariskitsune

Lower: Looks alright for the most part; though the skirt would look better if it were one piece with a see-through (or hole in) the front.  An example; (though you should keep your length.) 

Saber.%28Fate.EXTRA%29.full.950843.jpg

Upper:  I would suggest removing the whisker features on the head; make them more faint drawing / repression from the sides of the mask.  Remove the nose dot completely.  Ears should be taller as previous examples; and the tail should be more voluminous.  (again, as previous examples.)

Full: How to make more feminine-  Narrow the waist by 2-5%, increase breast size, slightly increase all limb thickness, increase the "hourglass" shape of the torso.  (as in the next spoiler)

Hourglass-Body-Shape_zb7dwk.jpg

... bigger breasts? .... uh... um... it looks too big already for me... but ok, though its going to look like Anime people with like HUGE chests. Are you sure.

Limb thickness? .... uh....

hourglass shape? That, I get.

For skirt, I was going for a centurion touch.

Hm... so tail should look bigger?

Do you think I should make her smaller and more Nova-almost-childish like?

And what kind of cape do you want?

Edited by jjpdn

... bigger breasts? .... ok...

Limb thickness? .... uh....

hourglass shape? That, I get.

For skirt, I was going for a centurion touch.

Hm... so tail should look bigger?

And what kind of cape do you want?

Bigger breasts; it looks like A, B cup at the largest in that pic you showed.  C cup is average in modern times, and Sayrn has about a D cup.  If we're going for a "foxy" frame, then you probably want to aim for a similar C-D cup breast. 

Limb thickness;  Your limbs are okay if it were just a person, however you need to consider that there is a suit over said person. 

Skirt I understand, however I'm just making an aesthetic suggestion, feel free to do otherwise. 

Yes, tail should look bigger.  See the next image for about what you should be thinking of in terms of volume;

wu1lqr.jpg

For the tailcoat, take the following image as an example (for just the tailcoat style, nothing else,  colors can be what you like), but leave the tailcoat's front open;

Sebastian+tail+coat+01.jpg

Edited by Evariskitsune

Bigger breasts; it looks like A, B cup at the largest in that pic you showed.  C cup is average in modern times, and Sayrn has about a D cup.  If we're going for a "foxy" frame, then you probably want to aim for a similar C-D cup breast. 

Limb thickness;  Your limbs are okay if it were just a person, however you need to consider that there is a suit over said person. 

Skirt I understand, however I'm just making an aesthetic suggestion, feel free to do otherwise. 

Yes, tail should look bigger.  See the next image for about what you should be thinking of in terms of volume;

wu1lqr.jpg

For the tailcoat, take the following image as an example (for just the tailcoat style, nothing else,  colors can be what you like), but leave the tailcoat's front open;

Sebastian+tail+coat+01.jpg

Oh, I see. But holy crap that tail is big. Ill start making my Pic V2

Edited by jjpdn

Oh, I see. But holy crap that tail is big. Ill start making my Pic V2

And smaller in proportions than it would be if we went by actual fox dimensions; that tail is about two feet long.  Were we to go by actual proportions with a fox tail vs body, the tail would be about three feet long, or a meter as usually a fox's tail is just over 1/3rd of their overall body length in summer, and nearly half in winter.  (and when aiming for aesthetics for a fox, you utilize the winter coat)

But I am looking forward to the next pic.  Thank you very much once again!

Edited by Evariskitsune

Don't mind if I surprise you with this:

NewDoc19_4.jpg

The railgun concept! The picture's actually quite bad in quality, but the look is what I think a Railgun would look like. It ain't fantastic, but it uses three rails: I considered four or five rails, but thought it was too cluttered. So, at the risk of seemingly plagiarising from the AC's three-rail Railgun, I made mine three rails as well. The configuration is inverted, though, with the base at the top, to better mount a sight on the frame.

Other features that differ from a typical rail gun is that you don't insert bullets: You change the consumable dampers/absorber tubes. One for each shot. 

Railguns are notoriously powerful, launching a projectile so forcefully that it ignites the air, even without explosives. To make it portable and not likely to murder you even before you finish firing the first shot, powerful dampers must be utilised, in addition to other recoil-reducing methods. 

The first method is a mundane shock-absorber barrel: There are two staggered layers. One is smooth and smaller, as you can see at the front of the barrel, and the other is ridged, and slightly thicker. These barrels vibrate as the super-sonic projectile passes by whilst producing a massive shockwave; As it vibrates, the ridges help the barrel to "Flex", as the force is dispersed. At the same time, the rails are blown back, into the body of the gun, which contains another damping mechanism which further disperses the impact. 

While this happens, the brunt of the force from the projectile being ejected is redirected into one of the disposable Recoil Tubes: It contains a dense, gel-like liquid, contained in an alloy tube which is pressurized and contains absolutely no air. This is because when a shot is fired, the pressure is pushed through the gel, and through a nozzle right at the end: Any bubble contained in here in a malfunctioning tube (only buy originals!) would be subjected this massive pressure, causing an implosion and shattering a tube. This is bad. Instead, a properly functioning Recoil Tube would force the gel out at the proper rate, and the gel would be vaporized as it's pushed out by the pressure. This ejection points in the opposite direction of the recoil, to help combat the massive kick from the gun itself. Thankfully, it also points away from your own face.

However, even with all these mechanisms, the recoil is still massive. Therefore, another piece of recoil-handling technology is needed. A comfy butt-stock. 

That's probably the best part about this gun. 

NewDoc19_4.jpg

The railgun concept! The picture's actually quite bad in quality, but the look is what I think a Railgun would look like. It ain't fantastic, but it uses three rails: I considered four or five rails, but thought it was too cluttered. So, at the risk of seemingly plagiarising from the AC's three-rail Railgun, I made mine three rails as well. The configuration is inverted, though, with the base at the top, to better mount a sight on the frame.

Other features that differ from a typical rail gun is that you don't insert bullets: You change the consumable dampers/absorber tubes. One for each shot. 

Railguns are notoriously powerful, launching a projectile so forcefully that it ignites the air, even without explosives. To make it portable and not likely to murder you even before you finish firing the first shot, powerful dampers must be utilised, in addition to other recoil-reducing methods. 

The first method is a mundane shock-absorber barrel: There are two staggered layers. One is smooth and smaller, as you can see at the front of the barrel, and the other is ridged, and slightly thicker. These barrels vibrate as the super-sonic projectile passes by whilst producing a massive shockwave; As it vibrates, the ridges help the barrel to "Flex", as the force is dispersed. At the same time, the rails are blown back, into the body of the gun, which contains another damping mechanism which further disperses the impact. 

While this happens, the brunt of the force from the projectile being ejected is redirected into one of the disposable Recoil Tubes: It contains a dense, gel-like liquid, contained in an alloy tube which is pressurized and contains absolutely no air. This is because when a shot is fired, the pressure is pushed through the gel, and through a nozzle right at the end: Any bubble contained in here in a malfunctioning tube (only buy originals!) would be subjected this massive pressure, causing an implosion and shattering a tube. This is bad. Instead, a properly functioning Recoil Tube would force the gel out at the proper rate, and the gel would be vaporized as it's pushed out by the pressure. This ejection points in the opposite direction of the recoil, to help combat the massive kick from the gun itself. Thankfully, it also points away from your own face.

However, even with all these mechanisms, the recoil is still massive. Therefore, another piece of recoil-handling technology is needed. A comfy butt-stock. 

Wow. Just wow. Though when I was reading her description, I was thinking of a double (very long) rails and stuff instead of a barrel... and much longer, but of course, it her choice.

Edited by jjpdn

NewDoc19_4.jpg

I love all of it... except you got one thing wrong about a railgun.  It only works with two rails; any other "rails" attached to the end are a type of flash-suppressor; meant to keep the superheated air from harming whatever is firing the round.  But yeah, awesome artwork!

Oh and well.. It's a projectile weapon.  So perhaps the gell and rounds would be in some sort of power pack there on the side?  Perhaps add a discharging handle for the magazine. 

Wow. Just wow. Though when I was reading her description, I was thinking of rails and stuff instead of a barrel... and much longer, but of course, it her choice.

I can see it as still fitting my descirption with some imagination for the inner workings.  As for the length.. that looks fairly long, albeit bulky everywhere else too. 

Edited by Evariskitsune

And smaller in proportions than it would be if we went by actual fox dimensions; that tail is about two feet long.  Were we to go by actual proportions with a fox tail vs body, the tail would be about three feet long, or a meter as usually a fox's tail is just over 1/3rd of their overall body length in summer, and nearly half in winter.  (and when aiming for aesthetics for a fox, you utilize the winter coat)

But I am looking forward to the next pic.  Thank you very much once again!

Hm... I just thought of something. One meter... maybe I should make it longer so that she can also use her tail as weapon (it seems logical). And another suggestion, what do you think of nine tails?

Edited by jjpdn

Hm... I just thought of something. One meter... maybe I should make it longer so that she can also use her tail as weapon (it seems logical). And another suggestion, what do you think of nine tails?

If you want to make it nearly a meter long go right ahead, I won't mind.

As for nine tails... as much as I'd love it I don't think it would be fitting in warframe.  But that's my opinion.

I love all of it... except you got one thing wrong about a railgun.  It only works with two rails; any other "rails" attached to the end are a type of flash-suppressor; meant to keep the superheated air from harming whatever is firing the round.  But yeah, awesome artwork!

Oh and well.. It's a projectile weapon.  So perhaps the gell and rounds would be in some sort of power pack there on the side?  Perhaps add a discharging handle for the magazine. 

I can see it as still fitting my descirption with some imagination for the inner workings.  As for the length.. that looks fairly long, albeit bulky everywhere else too. 

Oh, there is a projectile! The projectile is included at a compartment in front of each tube, which is automatically connected to the barrel of the gun, loaded, then shot.

Also, I guess I messed up the two-rail thing. :X  Derp! 

From what I understand, though, the electromotive force generated is... stackable, in a sense. Sort of like more than two hands pushing on one box. Or, I could be wrong, I'm not too sure. XD

You're right, though, there's no discharging handle... Probably would be nice to add one somewhere. 

Oh, there is a projectile! The projectile is included at a compartment in front of each tube, which is automatically connected to the barrel of the gun, loaded, then shot.

Also, I guess I messed up the two-rail thing. :X  Derp! 

From what I understand, though, the electromotive force generated is... stackable, in a sense. Sort of like more than two hands pushing on one box. Or, I could be wrong, I'm not too sure. XD

You're right, though, there's no discharging handle... Probably would be nice to add one somewhere. 

No, the electromotive force is not stackable, I'm afraid.  You might want to read up more on the theory behind a railgun.  And yeah, there should probably be a discharging handle for the gel tubes  and rounds. 

No, the electromotive force is not stackable, I'm afraid.  You might want to read up more on the theory behind a railgun.  And yeah, there should probably be a discharging handle for the gel tubes  and rounds. 

Doh! Yeah, I probably should have finished reading that wiki before sketching up a concept. Probably gonna scrap that, and redo it. Oh well!

Doh! Yeah, I probably should have finished reading that wiki before sketching up a concept. Probably gonna scrap that, and redo it. Oh well!

You could keep the overall shape and just implement the barrel as one single piece, and just extend the two rails past the tip.