The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battle Stances For Melee Weapons

FlameG102

I'm not talking about the mods, I mean the way your warframe looks when they are holding their melee weapon.

It looks kind of wonky, as does running with then. I use Galantine a lot, so ive noticed how well, bad my animations and stance looks when equipped. particularly the fact that it's a big two handed weapon thats being just casually held in one hand.

Also, what animation set I have seems to have no bearing on when i have my melee out. neither do stances for that matter. You'd think that being named stances, they would change the way the warframe positions itself while holding the weapon.

just a thought, you should really work on that a bit.

I hate how holding dual daggers bends your hands to inhuman/tenno level. see for yourself.

as for the stance mods, they should affect how our warframe hold the weapon.

Exactly. Drunken Fist fighting style has a different "idle" than Mantis or Monkey. So wouldn't Reaping Spiral be different than Stalking Fan for the idle animation?

It is kinda awkward seeing a puny nekros hold a jet-powered hammer pointing upward with one hand as if it was a flag pole.

lol it really is.

Even for a Rhino it's weird because the positioning is awkward.

look at this.

2014_04_15_00002.jpg

If he was holding it against his shoulder or something, that would fit the big guy thing, but he isnt, he's just holding it upright.

Running is even worse because he holds it THE SAME WAY

The two handed weapons (galatine, gram, scindo etc) have TERRIBLE idle and running animations.  Reminds of that that awful "baseball bat" stance the greatswords used in Skyrim, but at least in Skyrim, you can fix that stuff with mods.