Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gg De, Nerf Blocking More Please.

Tormound

And what if you go melee only ?

Then you shouldn't have or should be with a team or deal with the handicap. It's not like these traps are some unknown surprise, you know they are there. Really without a team there is no reason to not bring a side arm. If you only use the gun for traps then all the exp you were going to get will still be a 50/50 split between your Melee and your frame.

I'm not sure if you're aware but this is a classic DE maneuver: Implement something new, show how incredibly powerful it is, spoil the kids, then nerf it and watch as the kids cry and argue.

Surely, they would've seen this coming a mile away and to be perfectly honest, I don't think they intended for melee to be a prime game mechanic in the first place. This isn't your classic fantasy MMO after all. Melee 2.0 is just a change in the melee mechanic and yes, it gives you the chance to equip melee only. That doesn't mean it wont come at a price... 

Also, the theme is sci-fi and with it comes technological advantage/disadvantages. There are several x-factors you have to take into account and I'm sure the Devs know this and will design the game with a level of balance in mind.

Though if you insist on sticking to melee only then I suggest you use Warframes that have free aim dmg abilities such as:

- Ash

- Ember

- Frost

- Nyx

Edit: Ones that can target those pesky hazards (ie, Arc Traps, Mag doors, etc)

Edited by Bro_Z

I'm not sure if you're aware but this is a classic DE maneuver: Implement something new, show how incredibly powerful it is, spoil the kids, then nerf it and watch as the kids cry and argue.

Surely, they would've seen this coming a mile away and to be perfectly honest, I don't think they intended for melee to be a prime game mechanic in the first place. This isn't your classic fantasy MMO after all. Melee 2.0 is just a change in the melee mechanic and yes, it gives you the chance to equip melee only. That doesn't mean it wont come at a price... 

Also, the theme is sci-fi and with it comes technological advantage/disadvantages. There are several x-factors you have to take into account and I'm sure the Devs know this and will design the game with a level of balance in mind.

Though if you insist on sticking to melee only then I suggest you use Warframes that have free aim dmg abilities such as:

- Ash

- Ember

- Frost

- Nyx

Agreed. People expect too much from DE/Warframe.

I think this is a case of making a mountain out of a molehill. 

Blocking is supposed to defend against projectiles and melee attacks. It doesn't make sense for it to be able to block arc traps. These aren't Lightsabers and we're not Jedi, y'know. Electricity is still electricity, especially if you have a highly conductive object you're holding up like a lightning rod. Before Update 13, I didn't see anyone complaining about laser doors, especially when it came down to being able to or not being able to block their effects. And if you're complaining about not being able to block vs. mag doors or not being able to disable them when you're going melee-only, where's the complaints against melee vs. aerial enemies? There isn't exactly aerial moves for melee. And blocking against status effects doesn't make sense either. If the status proc is in effect already, you shouldn't be able to block against them.

Just because DE has given us the ability to un-equip both primary and secondary weapons, and literally use melee-only, doesn't mean we should. There's always going to be times when a gun may be needed. Bringing at least a secondary is always a good idea. Or run with a Warframe that has ranged abilities. 

- Ash

- Ember

- Frost

- Nyx

Edit: Ones that can target those pesky hazards (ie, Arc Traps, Mag doors, etc)

Trinity link is so nice for melee..

I just tried this and you're right.

It's a real shame.. I loved blocking and resisting arc traps and then running up to them and slashing them (if they were ground level)

It was such a cool feature..

While I understand blocking DOT status makes no sense (and quite happy its removed)

DE I wish you would un-nerf blocking arc traps.

I'm sitting on the fence for doors.

I called it

they nerfed it because of pve  yesterday some guy cried on forums that conclaves were dead because of block, he couldn't flash his epeen anymore bvecause people we're blocking all the time, what do we have now ? blocking is useless !!

pve screws with pvp yet again !! hes gonna be happy.

I see all these people saying blocking status effect made no sense... Like all the other things that Tenno can do makes sense... Is that the only argument though against it? It doesn't make sense? That's it? No balance reason or anything? Just, it didn't make sense?

I think this is a case of making a mountain out of a molehill. 

Blocking is supposed to defend against projectiles and melee attacks. It doesn't make sense for it to be able to block arc traps. These aren't Lightsabers and we're not Jedi, y'know. Electricity is still electricity, especially if you have a highly conductive object you're holding up like a lightning rod. Before Update 13, I didn't see anyone complaining about laser doors, especially when it came down to being able to or not being able to block their effects. And if you're complaining about not being able to block vs. mag doors or not being able to disable them when you're going melee-only, where's the complaints against melee vs. aerial enemies? There isn't exactly aerial moves for melee. And blocking against status effects doesn't make sense either. If the status proc is in effect already, you shouldn't be able to block against them.

Just because DE has given us the ability to un-equip both primary and secondary weapons, and literally use melee-only, doesn't mean we should. There's always going to be times when a gun may be needed. Bringing at least a secondary is always a good idea. Or run with a Warframe that has ranged abilities. 

Cause that's why we can't block lasers, explosive napalm, rockets, and patches of fire.. oh wait. Cause most aerial enemies can be hit by melee? Come on dude, be smart here.

Edited by Tormound

Cause that's why we can't lasers.. oh wait. Cause most aerial enemies can be hit by melee? Come on dude, be smart here.

if you have a stance on. Just run on the wall, and point at the enemy, and then hit melee button. You will do a Zephy flight attack towards the target, and do damage. Ta-dah

if you have a stance on. Just run on the wall, and point at the enemy, and then hit melee button. You will do a Zephy flight attack towards the target, and do damage. Ta-dah

Ummm... what? Did you misread my quote?

Edited by Tormound

Thats what I like doing on doors.

Melee fun!

Arc traps still suck, but I rather deal than lose more out of melee.

could always run by them. They aren't that bad, or just run up to them and bust them with your melee weapon. I do that all the time. Its not like being shot in the face with a miter.

i mean sliding trough

without a glaive

cause those doors let you pass no problem but they cost energy to do so

who needs energy? Also I believe you can slide attack through them. Slide attack seems to ignore a lot of things.

edit: if I am not raging about this it must have worked for me, and I just don't notice it.

Edited by Arlayn

Guys, even the OP is no longer following this post. Clearly he doesn't care anymore and we should just let this premature rant slide off into oblivion with the other empty rants (Including my old ones lol).

Edit: Ooops, unintentional bump maneuvre :x

Edited by Bro_Z

Guys, even the OP is no longer following this post. Clearly he doesn't care anymore and we should just let this premature rant slide off into oblivion with the other empty rants (Including my old ones lol).

Edit: Ooops, unintentional bump maneuvre :x

Still here.

just block oddly you can then walk straight though

You still lose energy.