Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Method Of Loading Levels

theGreatZamboni

The supposed "Improvement" of the way levels are loaded/rendered is actually worse than what we had previously. The change you made is obvious and does not actually fix the problem.

Levels previously would load in their entirety upon entering them. This is what caused the performance issues in the void, because active traps would still be functioning on the other side of the level. To fix this, DE has made tiles load individually based on proximity. This is a fairly poor fix as it doesn't solve the issue in the best possible way, it actually creates new problems.

If you are a faster Warframe or have speed modifiers equipped, you are able to move faster than the levels can load rooms. This causes lagging and often when approaching doors, you can see the room loading. This is shoddy and comes off poorly in the eyes of players. What this new loading method also causes, is performance issues for rooms not loaded. Meaning, if you never head in the direction of an unloaded room and it stays unloaded- it affects performance.

The best example of this is the dojo. You will constantly experience stuttering in your dojo until you enter each room, thus fully loading the rooms and the dojo. Until you do so, the game performance will drop as it takes a hit anticipating the loading of these areas. Any issues with performance after doing so are solely host or hardware related.

So what does this mean? It means massive performance issues on larger tilesets like the new shipyards. It is obvious what the changes were, it actually created more problems than it solved. Issues with the dojo are most likely not with traps being active in areas the players are not in, and more likely due to just poor optimization in the way objects and particles are rendered. The overlapping of objects can also cause this, as see most obviously in Derelict missions where Infested overgrowth can cause massive performance drops.

Either the new system needs to be refined or you need to go back to the old system and do it justice, by actually fixing it. The new procedural loading is causing performance issues across the board for players I have spoken with and the numerous machines I have tested. Both AMD, Intel and Nvidia machines (CPU/GPU variances).

This is a very important issue that cannot be submitted via a support ticket. It is an issue that needs to be discussed in the open with people who can contribute to this observation. I posted this on the 17th and I am in a moderation queue, therefore this thread was not published until this Monday (When DE returned from their long weekend).This topic is not subjective but is about a choice that affects everyone, it needs to be talked about.

• 3 weeks later...

The performance drops you mention are something that, until now, i really thought it was related to new tittle sets becoming "more complex", instead of loading differently like you had said.

This is an "nekro" for the already discontinued thread, but i really feel that this should be brought more than ever, specially when i am experiencing new performance drops on maps that previously weren't this bad.

You've got my support on this, i can't really believe that this was ignored.

SO thats why i had so much lag when farming Survivals, i normally farm survivals (for mutation mods) whit my Valkyr and a rush mods thus making her pretty @(*()$ fast and more often tan not i get heavy lag issues and constantly see a red screen where the lv should be. I guess that how the lv looks like when is not loaded.

I always though that my computer was starting to decline in performance but now i know its Warframe who has performance issues, since i can load games like LoL, DC universo Online, Path of Exile and Dawngate pretty fast without much lag.