Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex/ Lex Prime Is Too Weak

sneakatone

You are talking about a rifle that uses bullets with casings. Flintlock rifles did not however.

Even if we assume for one moment that the Grinlok and Marelok are flint lock weapons (they clearly are not),  everything I said about barrel length still applies. The only practical difference is the method of ignition. Instead of a firing pin hitting a primer, you have the flint striking the frizzen and the sparks from that collision falling into a small amount of exposed powder.  The mechanical behavior of hot gas expanding and pushing a bullet down a small tube doesn't change based on the ignition source, be it match lock, flint lock, wheel lock, cap lock, or whatever else.

...Could you BOTH have missed the point of this thread ANY more?

duty_calls.png

You dont get what I am saying at all, do you? I am just saying grinlok has no reason to be stronger than marelok. If there was balance id be using my lato instead of my marelok 45 minutes into a t3 solo survival run.

you dont get what im saying either, as i said it doesn't seem like some improvised weapon that beats every other weapon, besides, balance should be scaled with the requiermeants of the weapon, meanin that a lato that everyone can get for credits, and get anyway when they start, should be an extremly weak weapon, you need to work hard to get better weapons, balance does not mean all of the weapons are the exact same

Just for the sake of trivia, 

Grinlok

120 damage

* 2.65 (Serration)

* 1.9 (Split Chamber)

* 1.7 (shots per second)

= 640 average damage/second

Marelok

160 damage

* 3.20 (Hornet Strike)

* 2.2 (Barrel Diffusion)

* 2.0 (shots per second)

= 2253 average damage/second

In order for the Marelok to end up at the same damage/second as the Grinlok, given the inherent and laughable superiority of the core pistol mods, its base damage would have to be...   45.

That huge gap is largely due to how Pistol and Rifle mods are scaled. I really think that should be changed. Maybe it's just my opinion. Mods really do make the largest difference with weapons. 

Although there was an idea about fusing all weapon mods and making them all the same. Between Shotguns, Rifles and Pistols, making them all the same and interchangeable. 

That huge gap is largely due to how Pistol and Rifle mods are scaled. I really think that should be changed. Maybe it's just my opinion. Mods really do make the largest difference with weapons. 

Although there was an idea about fusing all weapon mods and making them all the same. Between Shotguns, Rifles and Pistols, making them all the same and interchangeable. 

if they do nerf all the pistol mods the actual secondary weapons that arnt as strong as rifles or stronger will hurt anything less then a brakk like the Lex will be in trouble and you could no longer use pistols as main weapons so everyone  will be forced to use rifles I personaly dont like rifles and would hate to be forced to use one over a pistol :( I hate the primary and secondary names the game assigns to them Q~Q