The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Call Of The Faithful [Open Rp]

Sumika1204

Cardina wakes everyone up out of her mind, looking at the shielded body with a lifted eyebrow. "Only you know where? Sure, Ahteryl. Look, I've had a lot of fun f*cking with you and the Leaper in your head, but I can only shovel you so much sh*t before I get sick of the smell. Gaia, can you such the energy out of his shield? Temperance, put a bullet in his skull."

This made Jinx even more angry as she snaps her head in Cardina's direction "You are awefully fast with condemning your own kind to death. Why not just lock him in until he can be fixed?"

You think I'm stupid? I'm not with the Lotus the only way for him to know is through that mental link of yours, oh yes I already knew about it. So stop patronizing me and finish this already

Cardina laughed aloud, giving the Nyx a devious grin. "I didn't have you pegged as an equal, Jinx, what a pleasant surprise. Sorry for the show, I can explain this later over a cup of tea, alright?"

Cardina laughed aloud, giving the Nyx a devious grin. "I didn't have you pegged as an equal, Jinx, what a pleasant surprise. Sorry for the show, I can explain this later over a cup of tea, alright?"

"Um...Sorry for punching you in the face Cardina....and insulting you" Replied Samantha also, putting her Tekna away with a gulp

Cardina wakes everyone up out of her mind, looking at the shielded body with a lifted eyebrow. "Only you know where? Sure, Ahteryl. Look, I've had a lot of fun f*cking with you and the Leaper in your head, but I can only shovel you so much sh*t before I get sick of the smell. Gaia, can you such the energy out of his shield? Temperance, put a bullet in his skull."

"No need.", came the reply as Rien Switch Teleported the Volt, removing him from the safety of his shield and trading places with him. Using his Dark Dagger, he cut into the disembodied appendage in several places. The shield began to flicker before dropping completely and Rien pulled the arm out of the floor.

Gaia walked over to the hole in the floor and knelt down as she put her hand to the floor, right next to the hole. The hole began to patch as the damage to the room repaired itself, including the Infested roots which had been burnt. Once she finished, Gaia rose to her feet and looked to Cardina. "The damages are repaired but I fear that at this point, there are far more reasons for him to be killed than to let him live."

((Holy Crap! I missed a lot!))

ENOUGH!!!!!!!

Arkas appeared in a cloud of smoke in the middle of room, his suit crackling with channeling energy. His Dragon Nikana was drawn and burning with green fire.

"Do you realize this is exactly what the Corpus want? They have us all at our throats, giving them the ability to wipe us out in one fell swoop."

Arkas threw his sword to the side.

"Have you forgotten what it means to be Tenno? We may have our differences, but at heart we are family!"

His voice dripped with emotion and conviction.

"With so many wanting to see us dead, how will we ever survive if we keep killing our own?!?"

Arkas voice kept increasing in volume until it seemed to shake the very room.

"We are not mindless animals! We are not witless monsters!"

"WE ARE TENNO!"

Edited by Arkitect_ShadowFrame

Looking to Cardina he sees it does not matter what he says, she will have him dead no matter what.

"You want me dead, and I thought you might be wiling to hear me out. Well then."

Taking off his helmet he reveals his face. a mess of near black brown hair tumbles out pierced by surprisingly bright brown eyes. A patch is revealed on his neck and he tears it off revealing the device holding the Infested Mind. Raising it reveals that part of his flesh and several important arteries are attached to the Infested.

"If you want me to die I'll rip this out right now and let my blood spill everywhere and release the Mind to let it do whatever the damn well hell it wants!" He stares into Cardina's eyes showing he is not afraid to die. "I have given up on my life. I don't give a damn what happens to me, I have always put others first. I have failed to protect many many people and Tenno and I even watched my own love be turned into a Harvester!"

The mention brings his injured arm into a tremble. "If you so hate me for breaking into a ship when I meat no harm the is say it and I will kill myself, at least then I won't have to care wha happens to you or anyone else when the Infested Tenno army destroys and devours everything. Even the colony that's protecting cryopods near the Derelict that holds the Beast's body."

"Um...Sorry for punching you in the face Cardina....and insulting you" Replied Samantha also, putting her Tekna away with a gulp

Cardina smiled at Samantha. "No, thank you. If a human was willing to stand up to that, then I knew it would have everyone convinced. It made him-" she gestured to the Volt, "desperate enough to start a mind war with a Nyx, which is what I needed. Not appreciated, I wish he was smart enough to back the hell off, but he made his choice."

Cardina turned to Jinx, her head down and her hands on her hips. "Jinx, he invaded a Storm-class organization, to its most inner sanctum. On top of that, he knowingly unleashed a Golem's Infestation on these vines, risking the entire ship and everyone on it. As a Nyx, you know his worst offense was attacking a Tenno's last sanctum, the one even we are sworn never to touch. Any Tenno would be ashamed to call him our blood. Why should he live?"

Cardina smiled at Samantha. "No, thank you. If a human was willing to stand up to that, then I knew it would have everyone convinced. It made him-" she gestured to the Volt, "desperate enough to start a mind war with a Nyx, which is what I needed. Not appreciated, I wish he was smart enough to back the hell off, but he made his choice."

Cardina turned to Jinx, her head down and her hands on her hips. "Jinx, he invaded a Storm-class organization, to its most inner sanctum. On top of that, he knowingly unleashed a Golem's Infestation on these vines, risking the entire ship and everyone on it. As a Nyx, you know his worst offense was attacking a Tenno's last sanctum, the one even we are sworn never to touch. Any Tenno would be ashamed to call him our blood. Why should he live?"

((Just ignore this))

ENOUGH!!!!!!!

Arkas appeared in a cloud of smoke in the middle of room, his suit crackling with channeling energy. His Dragon Nikana was drawn and burning with green fire.

"Do you realize this is exactly what the Corpus want? They have us all at our throats, giving them the ability to wipe us out in one fell swoop."

"Have you forgotten that we it means to be Tenno? We may have our differences, but at heart we are family!"

"With so many wanting to see us dead, how will we ever survive if we keep killing our own?!?"

"WE ARE TENNO!"

"Thank you, Arkas," Temperance said tiredly, rising to his feet.  "You are correct.  We have all lost sight of ourselves in the...difficulty surrounding the impending invasion."

He turned a disdainful eye to Ahteryl.  "Do stop overacting, Volt," the Ash spat.  "We are all at fault here.  You moreso than others, I would like to think, but still, what's done is done."

That said, Temperance casually punched him in the temple, knocking him out.  Again.

"We'll talk more once you wake up," he said.  "At least you should face your death on your feet."

"Arkas, I think it would be best if we all go our separate ways for a while.  We'll put Ahteryl in a holding cell until we can decide what to do with him.  Regardless of his level of mental control, he is a threat to everyone on this derelict, whether he realizes it or not.  I trust you can take care of that without killing him?"  Temperance said.

"As you said, we have not been acting like Tenno.  I think we all need space to clear our heads."

Edited by Temperance000

Looking to Cardina he sees it does not matter what he says, she will have him dead no matter what.

"You want me dead, and I thought you might be wiling to hear me out. Well then."

Taking off his helmet he reveals his face. a mess of near black brown hair tumbles out pierced by surprisingly bright brown eyes. A patch is revealed on his neck and he tears it off revealing the device holding the Infested Mind. Raising it reveals that part of his flesh and several important arteries are attached to the Infested.

"If you want me to die I'll rip this out right now and let my blood spill everywhere and release the Mind to let it do whatever the damn well hell it wants!" He stares into Cardina's eyes showing he is not afraid to die. "I have given up on my life. I don't give a damn what happens to me, I have always put others first. I have failed to protect many many people and Tenno and I even watched my own love be turned into a Harvester!"

The mention brings his injured arm into a tremble. "If you so hate me for breaking into a ship when I meat no harm the is say it and I will kill myself, at least then I won't have to care wha happens to you or anyone else when the Infested Tenno army destroys and devours everything. Even the colony that's protecting cryopods near the Derelict that holds the Beast's body."

"Oh, there is one more thing I lied about." Cardina rips the device from Ahteryl, giving it one look, then tipped her head back and swallowed it whole. She leaned forward to Ahteryl, her grin fully revealing her perfect teeth. "I ate Phorid's bones, too." Edited by SnaleKing

"He said himself that he broke into this ship not knowing it was inhabited, he had no real malicious intent...If you hadn't gone crazy in the beginning and handled it calmly instead then it would never had gone this far. He's acting out of desperation right now, as a Nyx you should feel it"

Edited by Lady_Viper

"Thank you, Arkas," Temperance said tiredly, rising to his feet.  "You are correct.  We have all lost sight of ourselves in the...difficulty surrounding the impending invasion."

He turned a disdainful eye to Ahteryl.  "Do stop overacting, Volt," the Ash spat.  "We are all at fault here.  You moreso than others, I would like to think, but still, what's done is done."

That said, Temperance casually punched him in the temple, knocking him out.  Again.

"We'll talk more once you wake up," he said.  "At least you should face your death on your feet."

"Arkas, I think it would be best if we all go our separate ways for a while.  We'll put Ahteryl in a holding cell until we can decide what to do with him.  Regardless of his level of mental control, he is a threat to everyone on this derelict, whether he realizes it or not.  I trust you can take care of that without killing him?"  Temperance said.

"As you said, we have not been acting like Tenno.  I think we all need space to clear our heads."

Arkas retrieves his sword, then faces Temperance.

"I agree, we're are all to wound up, we need some time to prepare ourselves, and not just this ship."

He turns and walks over to Cardina, her helmet in his hand.

"I believe this is yours."

ENOUGH!!!!!!!

"Have you forgotten that we it means to be Tenno? We may have our differences, but at heart we are family!"

"WE ARE TENNO!"

"Um, I'm actually with the Red Veil, but nice speech anyway, think you can be at a Rally for next week?" Said Samantha as she offered Ark some co-ordinates.

"Oh, there is one more thing I lied about." Cardina rips the device from Ahteryl, giving it one look, then tipped her head back and swallowed it whole. She leaned forward to Ahteryl, her grin fully revealing her perfect teeth. "I ate Phorid's bones, too."

Coughing up blood he  shakes his head slowly. "You complete fool that device did not or ever will contain the Technocyte Virus its a suppressor, it releases nanobots into the body and accumulates the Virus into one area of the bloodstream!", he weakly stands to look Cardina in the eyes. "It was never in the device it has been in my blood! And now its preparing itself to travel through space back to its body! I thought someone with your kind of training would know that! Idiot... you idiot!"

He takes to the floor on one knee and tries his best to keep consciousness as he looks for signs of the fast moving Infested Mind.

Edited by JJKDrake

Coughing up blood he  shakes his head slowly. "You complete fool that device did not or ever will contain the Technocyte Virus its a suppressor, it releases nanobots into the body and accumulates the Virus into one area of the bloodstream!", he weakly stands to look Cardina in the eyes. "It was never in the device it has been in my blood! And now its preparing itself to travel through space back to its body! I thought someone with your kind of training would know that! Idiot... you idiot!"

He takes to the floor on one knee and tries his best to keep consciousness as he looks for signs of the fast moving Infested Mind.

Cardina rolls her eyes, honestly for once. "Make up your damn mind," she growls, exasperated, while hauling him by the leg into the dense foliage. "Oh," Cardina paused, turning to the rest of the group. "You might want to leave for a while, if you've got a weak stomach for this sort of thing."

Gaia nodded. "Things have been hectic recently and some rest and relaxation would do everyone some good."

"He said himself that he broke into this ship not knowing it was inhabited, he had no real malicious intent...If you hadn't gone crazy in the beginning and handled it calmly instead then it would never had gone this far"

"Many were at fault here and this could have been handled much better. However, it would have worked more in his favour had he not proceeded to break several of the church's rules."

Cardina rolls her eyes, honestly for once. "Make up your damn mind," she growls, exasperated, while hauling him by the leg into the dense foliage. "Oh," Cardina paused, turning to the rest of the group. "You might want to leave for a while, if you've got a weak stomach for this sort of thing."

Gaia nodded before leaving the room.

Samantha also leaves before speaking to Gaia, finding the Trinity Warframes usually the most friendliest due to their healing capabilities "So you're Gaia? You're brother Mortos mentioned you"

Edited by Drakeardian

Samantha also leaves before speaking to Gaia, finding the Trinity Warframes usually the most friendliest due to their healing capabilities "So you're Gaia? You're brother Mortos mentioned you"

"Oh did he? I take it you spoke to him for a bit then. I'm sorry if he's a bit intimidating. That's just how he is. That aside, how has your stay been thus far? Aside from all the recent chaos, which I apologize for."

Jinx didn't move a muscle, and she could only feel anger. These people...the Grand Master would never had let this happen. She felt even more angry as the logical part of her brain reminded her that there was hardly anything she could do about it now as this were their domain with their rules and not hers. But oh was it tempting.

"Oh did he? I take it you spoke to him for a bit then. I'm sorry if he's a bit intimidating. That's just how he is. That aside, how has your stay been thus far? Aside from all the recent chaos, which I apologize for."

"Very nice, had a nice burg..." Samantha stopped and looked to Jinx worryingly. "Jinx! you coming?"

"Very nice, had a nice burg..." Samantha stopped and looked to Jinx worryingly. "Jinx! you coming?"

"No...he is a Tenno and deserves someone who haven't gone completely mad by his side" She said without looking at Samantha.

He looks sideways towards the other Tenno as she drags him. He shakes his head.

"If only I had realized who you were before none of this would have happened.", he tells Cardina. "But now that I know this is what you've become I would have just asked to leave and never have bothered trying to get your help in such a stupid desperate way. I guess I should feel something but I severed my emotions a while ago."

The Sprite, now awake flies after Ahteryl and hovers over him.

"Maybe I should have just thrown myself into the Sun if this would be the outcome of asking a Tenno who lost their humanity. Or maybe I was just hoping there was even a spark of it left in you. I'm glad I didn't follow your path, what monster would I have become? Though I guess you don't care as you only care for what you can control."

Edited by JJKDrake

He looks sideways towards the other Tenno as she drags him. He shakes his head.

"If only I had realized who you were before none of this would have happened.", he tells Cardina. "But now that I know this is what you've become I would have just asked to leave and never have bothered trying to get your help in such a stupid desperate way. I guess I should feel something but I severed my emotions a while ago."

The Sprite, now awake flies after Ahteryl and hovers over him.

"Maybe I should have just thrown myself into the Sun if this would be the outcome of asking a Tenno who lost their humanity. Or maybe I was just hoping there was even a spark of it left in you. I'm glad I didn't follow your path, what monster would I have become? Though I guess you don't care as you only care for what you can control."

"Wrong," Cardina states flatly. "I care about everything. Life and Death, Order and Chaos. Both must be controlled if they are to exist together, in balance, or they will consume each other forever, in the cycle that has persisted from the Sumerians to the Orokin." She lets the vines hoist the Volt upright, even as they collect every drop of his spillled blood into a basin. "I have done everything to survive. I will do no less to protect my Church. If they find my actions horrific, then so be it. I only hope they know this is for their safety, and the safety of the whole system."

Cardina cracks her jaw, as the vines begin to peel away the frame from Ahteryl. "Any last words before I put you unconscious, and you never wake again?"

"What if I was to say," he begins, looking to the floor. "That, other than my injuries to my arm and wherever else other than my neck, that this has all been a rouse to get you to swallow something, something dangerous. In an attempt to kill you, with a miniature bomb meant to cause severe internal bleeding. And its countdown of one minute began when you ripped it off and ate it?"

He looks up at Cardina and smiles,"You have about twenty seconds left. Lotus is our only true leader heretic! Sprite now!"

The sentinel activates a mini laser and cuts through the vines holding Ahteryl and he lands, quickly uses a medical restoration device on the wound on his neck.

As it heals Sprite fires covering fire at Cardina and then cloaks itself and Ahteryl. He laughs as he runs down the suggested escape route towards his extraction point.