Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointed With The Orokin Lab Room Shutters

Immortal

Today I've decided to review the Orokin Lab Room Shutters, because it's a feature within one of the newest rooms the Orokin Lab, for the Clan Dojo. I had really high expectations of it and now I'm upset with it and disappointed. I loved the first glimpses of it when I saw it on DevStreams and on Prime Time, but evidently now that its live in update 13 its just not that great. Mainly do to the fact that you can't open and close the shutters to see a view of the Solar Rail. Unless a Solar Rail is currently under construction after contributing all the resources and 500,000 Credits. Which while its under construction you can only open and close the shutters for 24hrs and then be sad when its completed, cause you can no longer open the shutters afterwards. Anyways final thoughts is, I realize its a room for making the Solar Rails and it can look semi cool while its not making a Solar Rail, but I feel that if you spent Credits and Resources at least once to make 1 Solar Rail you should be able to open and close the Shutters as many times as you want, even after construction of one finishes.

Thanks for Reading, Let me know your thoughts on the Orokin Lab Shutters and if you feel the same way.^^

(Updates & News)

•U14 is here and lots of Hotfixes are being done, still wish one of them would sneak in the ability to open and close the shutters in our Orokin Labs. (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/218308-disappointed-with-the-orokin-lab-research-room/#entry3130456)

•The question regarding opening and closing the shutters in the Orokin Lab was raised on July 24th, 2014 during Prime Time Episode #37(http://www.twitch.tv/warframe/c/4738095) @01:08:17/01:34:32, it is said that this still remains a great question. And still may take awhile to be answered.

Edited by Imortel

The shutters? of all the disappointing things, the shutters is the only one that affected you enough to make a forum post? I'd like to open the shutters all the time myself, but there's already an observatory for that it if you really want to stare into space.

The most disappointing thing about the Orokin Lab for me personally is that DE could have have used to remove a layer of RNG from the void, yet they didn't. Solar Rails are nice and all, but there is so much more they could've done.

The shutters? of all the disappointing things, the shutters is the only one that affected you enough to make a forum post? I'd like to open the shutters all the time myself, but there's already an observatory for that it if you really want to stare into space.

The most disappointing thing about the Orokin Lab for me personally is that DE could have have used to remove a layer of RNG from the void, yet they didn't. Solar Rails are nice and all, but there is so much more they could've done.

I understand they put the Observatory Room so you can stare off into space, but its the fact that they put the shutter console there and made it seem like you could open and close them whenever you felt like it on YouTube Videos and on LiveStreams. So it was just disappointing to see them change the way the shutters functioned for us.

And I'm uncertain what you mean by how the Orokin Lab should have removed a layer of RNG from the void, sorry, if you could explain i would be interested.

Edited by Imortel

ever hear of a marvelous invention called punctuation? makes reading things so much easier

I apologize if there was any punctuation errors and if it was difficult for you to read.

Edited by Imortel

I understand they put the Observatory Room so you can stare off into space, but its the fact that they put the shutter console there and made it seem like you could open and close them whenever you felt like it on YouTube Videos and on LiveStreams so it was just disappointing to see them change the way the shutters functioned for us.

And I'm uncertain what you mean by how the Orokin Lab should have removed a layer of RNG from the void, sorry, if you could explain i would be interested.

He means that he wants prime stuff to be researchable.  Which is ridiculous.  The whole point of prime weapons is that they aren't supposed to be as common as dirt.  As it is, they're not exactly hard to get any more due to trading so I hardly think we need to make them researchable as well.

He means that he wants prime stuff to be researchable.  Which is ridiculous.  The whole point of prime weapons is that they aren't supposed to be as common as dirt.  As it is, they're not exactly hard to get any more due to trading so I hardly think we need to make them researchable as well.

Oh thank you for explaining that to me. I must agree with you on that statement about Prime Weapons and Waframes, because it would make Prime Gear less unique and less exclusive if there was not even a little effort involved in trying to acquire them especially since prime stuff is considered the best stuff in game at the moment. Making Prime Gear researchable in a dojo would just ruin the balance to much in my opinion.

Edited by Imortel

Today I've decided to review the Orokin Lab Research room because its the newest research room for the Clan Dojo and i had really high expectations of it and now I'm upset with it and disappointed. I loved the first glimpses of it when i saw it on DevStreams and on Prime Times but evidently now that its live in the update 13 its just not that great mainly do to the fact that you cant open and close the shutters to see a view of the Solar Rail unless a Solar Rail is currently under construction after contributing all the resources and 500,000 Credits, which while its under construction you can only open and close the shutter for 24hrs and then be sad when its completed cause you can no longer open the shutters afterwards. Anyways final thoughts is i realize its a room for making the Solar Rails and it can look semi cool while its not making a Solar Rail but i feel that if you spent Credits and Resources at least once to make 1 Solar Rail you should be able to open and close the Shutters as many times as you want even after construction of one finishes.

Thanks for Reading, Let me know your thoughts on the Orokin Lab and if you feel the same way.^^

AGREED ! Damn mofo shutters wont open after the construction is done its LAAAMMMMEEEE and If  you guys know how to check the quantity of the solar rails you built please Reply to this post No fckn trolls, cause I built one and destroyed my orokin lab and I dont know where the F*** to check if my previous rail is still existing or not.

Edited by Xeks69

AGREED ! Damn mofo shutters wont open after the construction is done its LAAAMMMMEEEE and If  you guys know how to check the quantity of the solar rails you built please Reply to this post No fckn trolls, cause I built one and destroyed my orokin lab and I dont know where the F*** to check if my previous rail is still existing or not.

Once a Solar Rail is Complete It will show up on your Clan Tab on the Main Screen where it shows members and stuff. It will be a little box under MOTD, use the left and right arrows if you have multiple Solar Rails and it will tell you weither its undeployed/deployed or if it needs more materials to be contributed in order to finish with construction.

I am unsure if Alliance Rails show up in the same box but I'm assuming they do.

Edited by Imortel

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit I solo funded a Solar rail for the sole purpose of being able to open the shutters and have a cool dojo room.

What a HUGE disapointment when I realized the damned shutters didnt open after construction. Just a huge loss (of resources, time and effort) that kind of ruined the game for me and I lost interest....

Now I spend more time with my girlfriend instead :P

• 1 month later...

Well its a shame that we still can't open and close the shutters in our Orokin Labs, guess we may never get to open and close them cause i was told this was low priority and there is lots and lots of other more important things. xP

Well...guess in the meantime ill get my ticket to board the hype train for Update 14.

• 5 weeks later...