Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Nexus On Ios Devices.

(PSN)awterham_1

Just use twitter or the RSS feed.

Btw Apple products are a scam the reason why its so buggy is because the format and the OS it uses is so convoluted and wierd that app makers have to completely remap the program to work on an IOS device. If you use windows OS (surface) or a Android OS there's is alot more compatibility options so its much easier to make apps.

IOS is a very unstable operating system imo so after a while it starts to slow down and fail constantly (unless the device is on factory settings for most of the time) So it could also be the age of your device.

Just use the RSS feed since you DO play warframe on your computer or find an RSS app on your Apple Device. Or use twitter.

Edited by TraparDensity

Actually, the reason why it's so laggy has nothing to do with the OS - iOS is a very stable platform (and this is coming from someone who's pretty much completely anti-Apple) - its laggy because DE have built the app using Titanium, which basically means that you write the app using HTML and Javascript, and then it can be published to several different platforms without having to modify the code - sadly, the "write once, publish everywhere" benefit comes hand in hand with a disadvantage - lagginess (for want of a better word)

Just use twitter or the RSS feed.

Btw Apple products are a scam the reason why its so buggy is because the format and the OS it uses is so convoluted and wierd that app makers have to completely remap the program to work on an IOS device. If you use windows OS (surface) or a Android OS there's is alot more compatibility options so its much easier to make apps.

IOS is a very unstable operating system imo so after a while it starts to slow down and fail constantly (unless the device is on factory settings for most of the time) So it could also be the age of your device.

Just use the RSS feed since you DO play warframe on your computer or find an RSS app on your Apple Device. Or use twitter.

I don't know what you talking about. iOS may not be as extensive as .Net or Java, but it is a fully robust and modern system thats SDK streamlines and advances programming for developers significantly. I had assumed that the iOS version of the Nexus app was behind parity with the Android app because the DE has basically one person working on it, and because it is free, and ad fee I think, they may as well go for maximum numbers, which on paper is Android. Even though I'm willing to bet that the number of iOS user who play Warframe are closer to 50/50. If it where a matter of monetizing the app it would be a clear choice to prioritize iOS, but if their mobile dev is more familiar with java or they are just trying to maximize the number of devices than I can understand the priority being on Android. 

Having said that, DE please release app parity between Android and iOS Nexus app.

I don't know what you talking about. iOS may not be as extensive as .Net or Java, but it is a fully robust and modern system thats SDK streamlines and advances programming for developers significantly. I had assumed that the iOS version of the Nexus app was behind parity with the Android app because the DE has basically one person working on it, and because it is free, and ad fee I think, they may as well go for maximum numbers, which on paper is Android. Even though I'm willing to bet that the number of iOS user who play Warframe are closer to 50/50. If it where a matter of monetizing the app it would be a clear choice to prioritize iOS, but if their mobile dev is more familiar with java or they are just trying to maximize the number of devices than I can understand the priority being on Android. 

Having said that, DE please release app parity between Android and iOS Nexus app.

There should be absolute parity, since they're using "write once, publish everywhere" software... (unless Apple is just taking forever to verify the app)

Hey, would you like try another iOS app for Warframe: Warframe Alerts https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warframe-alerts/id775981113?mt=8 ?

It could give you a bit another experience than the Nexus app.

As iOS developer I totally agree with Ezard. iOS is stable enough system and usually most issues related not with the iOS directly but with badly implemented applications.