The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Link Needs To Ignore "self Harm"

Tatersail

It's only in the game because people kept demanding for it. Levels used to stop at 50,  and never went higher. No more scaling past 50. Old level 50. DE unhinged the level cap because people wanted an insane challenge. Now, they are simply nullifying that challenge with a broken ability.

That's the only way to deal with broken scaling.

And besides, DE has already stated (in various places I won't both sources because you can look them up) that the super amazing high wave defenses and super long survival missions are beyond any reasonable balance point in the game. You are meant to be at a massive disadvantage and be punished for any and all mistakes you make. You are not meant to be coasting through it as if it was wave 1 on Venus.

You can make no foreseeable mistakes and still get one-shotted if you aren't invulnerable. You're also contradicting your previous statement about how Blessing was introduced to deal with the excessive enemy scaling; obviously DE was balancing around that kind of content when they introduced her. If they're going to remove the broken mechanics we need to deal with broken scaling, they need to fix the broken scaling.

obviously DE was balancing around that kind of content when they introduced her. If they're going to remove the broken mechanics we need to deal with broken scaling, they need to fix the broken scaling.

The idea that DE introduced Trinity to allow players to clear infinite content is laughable.  All infinite content is optional and voluntary.  There is no reason to stay in a survival for 2 hours or a defense for 100 waves besides for fun; there is no real gameplay incentive to do so.  

That's the only way to deal with broken scaling.

You can make no foreseeable mistakes and still get one-shotted if you aren't invulnerable. You're also contradicting your previous statement about how Blessing was introduced to deal with the excessive enemy scaling; obviously DE was balancing around that kind of content when they introduced her. If they're going to remove the broken mechanics we need to deal with broken scaling, they need to fix the broken scaling.

"That's the only way to deal with broken scaling."

You mean the optional and not intended to be balanced around uber scaling? The scaling that is meant to give you an incentive to leave after a certain point? That broken scaling? looks like it's working as intended.

They didn't bring in trinity to deal with infinite content. They introduced her so we could have a healer frame, a medic of sorts. They didn't even give her proper ability icons when they put her in, she was and still is a WIP. 

"That's the only way to deal with broken scaling."

You mean the optional and not intended to be balanced around uber scaling? The scaling that is meant to give you an incentive to leave after a certain point? That broken scaling? looks like it's working as intended.

They didn't bring in trinity to deal with infinite content. They introduced her so we could have a healer frame, a medic of sorts. They didn't even give her proper ability icons when they put her in, she was and still is a WIP. 

Is the scaling for hardcore players, or is it incentive to leave? Why do you need an incentive to leave? Why doesn't the scaling stop at a certain point where the damage is extreme but can still be circumvented by skilled play, allowing for the punishment of mistakes without including broken mechanics?

I honestly couldn't care less why Trinity was introduced; she highlights a really big flaw in the game's scaling design regardless of her original intended purpose. I give DE a little more credit than to assume they'd take the lazy route by guaranteeing that the game will kill you eventually, akin to bonus game modes in other video games.

The idea that DE introduced Trinity to allow players to clear infinite content is laughable.  All infinite content is optional and voluntary.  There is no reason to stay in a survival for 2 hours or a defense for 100 waves besides for fun; there is no real gameplay incentive to do so.  

So what's the point in essentially kicking people out with game mechanics?

Is the scaling for hardcore players, or is it incentive to leave? Why do you need an incentive to leave? Why doesn't the scaling stop at a certain point where the damage is extreme but can still be circumvented by skilled play, allowing for the punishment of mistakes without including broken mechanics?

I honestly couldn't care less why Trinity was introduced; she highlights a really big flaw in the game's scaling design regardless of her original intended purpose. I give DE a little more credit than to assume they'd take the lazy route by guaranteeing that the game will kill you eventually, akin to bonus game modes in other video games.

So what's the point in essentially kicking people out with game mechanics?

Play more missions? explore more of the game? Don't stay in one thing for hours at a time and instead experiment and look for variety? Multiple reasons depending on your point of view. DE loves this game and it's practically their baby. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want you to waste your time in one mission the entire day.

and why doens't it stop? Idunno, ask DE. All they did was take off the level cap and then start working on something else. Go PM them why they haven't worked on making infinite gameplay more exciting, I'm sure they have answers for ya.

Play more missions? explore more of the game? Don't stay in one thing for hours at a time and instead experiment and look for variety? Multiple reasons depending on your point of view. DE loves this game and it's practically their baby. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want you to waste your time in one mission the entire day.

and why doens't it stop? Idunno, ask DE. All they did was take off the level cap and then start working on something else. Go PM them why they haven't worked on making infinite gameplay more exciting, I'm sure they have answers for ya.

There's nothing to stop me or anybody else from playing the same mission over and over; making the game essentially kick me out of a mission when I can turn around and enter again is pointless. When I want to play other missions I'm perfectly capable of extracting on my own in order to do so.

There's nothing to stop me or anybody else from playing the same mission over and over; making the game essentially kick me out of a mission when I can turn around and enter again is pointless. When I want to play other missions I'm perfectly capable of extracting on my own in order to do so.

Well I don't have answers I have theories. Theories that fit what is presented.

All i can tell you is going beyond wave 30/minute 30 is going into an area that is meant to be unbalanced against you. It's meant to be a challenge, it's intended to be stupidly difficult. It's endless scaling, no matter what, beyond what the devs balance for, you are going to be at a disadvantage. Enemies are meant to scale the longer you play these missions, they are meant to get harder. After a certain point, they grow to a point where are are throwing ping pong balls are steel covered mechs with death beams from dragon ball z. That's intended. We know that.

Why DE hasn't adjusted scaling to be less 'broken,' is something you need to ask them. All I can think of is to give you incentive to leave, since you won't be killing so much and will mostly just be running for your life.

• 3 weeks later...