Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helmets...

tenno325

in the last devstream they said some stuff about removing the stats off helmets so that you can use them for the looks, but what i was thinking is that they should make the stats separate from helmets somehow and i want this because my rhino prime helmet looks cool from the default helmet but i want the speed from the vanguard helmet. sorry if it's in the wrong section.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I know what you're asking for, you are asking for something like "this helmet has a slot to put a gem in" sort of thing, where the helmet or armour piece has some sort of gem slot so you put in a gem that has a certain stat you want (like 5% speed increase for example) and insert that gem into the helmet/armor piece and get the stat increase..

Edited by Xicio

to add to this idea (or... to say what he's likely thinking or already said), assuming this new focus system won't totally negate the need for this (which it likely will), if would be cool if you could keep the look of your favorite helmet but choose what buff or nerf you give it.

I'm sure someone's wondering "why would you give nerfs to your warframe, what are you a masochist?",  well, from what I understand the buffs and nerfs in the helmets are (from a scifi lore perspective) diverting energy or resources (the stats basically) to other systems of the suit to enhance whatever attributes need to be enhanced.  when you put 2 buffs in the helmet slot they could halve the value of both buffs as both Sci-fi capacitors (space magic gems, basically) aren't getting enough energy to reach full power, but if you were to add one of the available nerfs (or make your own and choose which system it's taken from and how much is taken) which is diverting power from other systems to make the buff even bigger.

Or we could wait for the focus lense to be implemented and see how that works.