The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Could Not Update Account Information. Progress Was Not Saved!

Crevox

Servers have been wonky after DDoS. By playing you accept that risk. Sorry but you really can't complain about this one, it isn't even DE's fault that those jerks managed to get around the security.

The game or service clearly isn't being DDOS'd any longer because the game is up. Beyond that, all posts from DE suggest that the DDOS is over, and the servers are stable.

Also, not really sure what you mean by "get around the security." Do you know what a DDOS is?

Edited by Crevox

Yes I do. Imagine 1733283827 people trying to get through one door. DDoS. They have security measures in place to prevent that, but we were DDoS'ed 18 hours ago. The website and the game both went down. What I'm saying is that this is server side and it isn't the fault of DE.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

Yes I do. Imagine 1733283827 people trying to get through one door. DDoS. They have security measures in place to prevent that, but we were DDoS'ed 18 hours ago. The website and the game both went down. What I'm saying is that this is server side and it isn't the fault of DE.

That's an interesting way to describe DDOS, but alright...

I just find it hard to believe that a DDOS is causing this when all other parts of the server (chat, store, login, etc) are working perfectly fine. It's just a random bug that is causing progress to not save properly. Even IF the server is experiencing some lag, there's still no excuse for the client sending data to the server once and, for whatever reason, ignoring it and going "OOPS DIDN'T GET DATA TOO BAD." There should be more checks in place for something like this.

I just had it happen 5 minutes ago. It just happens at random since U13. Server issue due to the DDOS or not, this is still extremely sloppy and should get fixed.

Edited by Crevox

That's an interesting way to describe DDOS, but alright...

I just find it hard to believe that a DDOS is causing this when all other parts of the server (chat, store, login, etc) are working perfectly fine. It's just a random bug that is causing progress to not save properly. Even IF the server is experiencing some lag, there's still no excuse for the client sending data to the server once and, for whatever reason, ignoring it and going "OOPS DIDN'T GET DATA TOO BAD." There should be more checks in place for something like this.

I just had it happen 5 minutes ago. It just happens at random since U13. Server issue due to the DDOS or not, this is still extremely sloppy and should get fixed.

DE needs to implement a temporary save file system (and from there offline play wouldn't be too far-fetched). That would prevent the problem entirely (we'd see a lot less server and progress complaint threads).

(and from there offline play wouldn't be too far-fetched).

As far as I know, that already exists in the "Solo" mode. I mean, you can pause the game... unless you literally mean OFFLINE OFFLINE but they wouldn't do that. The game is peer-to-peer so the server really just acts as a moderator for the connections.

Don't really need a temporary save file system; that exposes a lot of security flaws, really. There's just no reason the client-server communication should ever result in this. I'm guessing the client is delivering serialized data to the server for the loot you got? That's putting a lot of security risk on the client as is, but I guess there hasn't been issues yet... only other flaw is this stupid bug.

They really need to work harder on their data integrity and make sure this stuff goes through. It shouldn't just say "WOOPS TOO BAD" when something goes even slightly wrong and just give up.

First time I encountered this, and I am coming fresh out of a 30 minute survival. 

My connection is not the problem, as nothing has changed regarding my connectivity between now and around 6 months ago when I started playing, if anything's changed it's on DE's end which is causing this. 

It's needless to say, but I am going to do so anyways... This fluff should not happen

• 1 month later...

I just had this happen after tonights hotfix.

DE owes me 15 levels on my new Loki Prime.  I don't play for free and I don't like my play time wasted.  30 minutes of playtime was completely wasted.

This game is starting to make me angry and I'm starting to consider taking my time and money elsewhere.