Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Great Game, Great Concept. Terrible Character Art

TheRoyalOak

Frost is one of the best-looking character models in any game I've played. Mag looks great too. Volt I don't like the look of as much but with an alternate helmet his top and bottom halves might look more balanced. Excalibur and Excalibur Prime are dead sexy, just putting that out there.

Also, the color palettes offer incredible diversity.

The art style is distinctive and creates a certain atmosphere, I like it overall.

really depend what age segment they ultimately wants to market to.

Doubt anyone above 25 would enjoy have some deform shark human and flower girl as their character.

I'm in my late 20s, I tried linking the game to at least 10 similar age friend on steam. (Most own and do mass effect 3 multiplayer, bf3 etc "

Most reply.... "Seriously, wtf is that. That's retard looking"

The art is fine, you just don't have the taste for it. Think what you want, but most of the people who play this game love the art. Just stop complaining about it. No one really wants to hear stuff like this.

It's not as hostile as it sounds XD

Edited by Halisi

Hmmm I think since the initial concept that characters have ended up becoming lazily designed. I mean if you look at the original characters and then the new ones, there is a massive difference in aesthetic quality. Banshee for instance is just a design disaster. Her feet don't even fit in her slip on shoes and her actual armour looks like it is made from plastic. The original frames have an organic looking feel to them while the new ones look like slapped on armour and jackets. Hey even though I love Nyx, her actually body is just Excalibur with bewbs and a fat &#!.

Edited by NoirProxy

So you want to be an ordinary and booring human that we all have seen before? It's really nice how thay tried to do something a little more fresh. Though I do agree that some of the models need tweaking (mag looks like a little girl in a swimsuit that is so easy to harm)

I love how MAG looks! I do not want anyone to touch her looks! I dont like all-armored weird stuff hanging off me costumes. MAG and Excalibur are my favs in this regard: they are clean and tidy - real ninjas!

agreed art style is nice, volt looks like a jellyfish though, and of course your gonna get stupid coulour combos, but who cares, i mean look at rhino, he just looks awesome, as well as frost, nyx, ember with plat helm, cal.