Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Good?

izzatuw

Question

25 answers to this question

All frames are passable at roles that suit them.

Excalibur is one of my favorite frames. A little on the soft side for a front line fighter, but a good array of mobility powers, a very good CC power, and flexible polarities.

Radial Blind is the best crowd control move in the game, especially so with Melee 2.0 as it gives your entire team the 4x stealth multiplier. Build him as a crowd control frame and he is definitely viable for the highest level content, build him for damage and you will find him lacking.

Are his other abilities besides Radial blind good and what build is he meant for?

Slash Dash and Super Jump are great ways to get around. Almost no frame can sustain as good a pace over distance as Excalibur.

Radial Javelin is more limited. It does not scale well to higher rank content, unless you happen to be grouped with a Mag who likes to use Bullet Attractor.

I'm not sure if Excalibur is "meant" for any particular build. I frequently use wildly different builds on him.

I think you got the wrong description for him.

Poster boy nuff said :P

He's actually pretty neat!

But yeah. At end game, his first three skills are his bread and butter. Slash dash to cover long distance escapes, super jump to either get to high ground and escape, or to rain explosive death on your enemies down below.

And then there's radial blind. Goes through walls, and will save you many times.

But playing as him really needs some skill later on. You need to be good at hit and run tactics, taking cover and keeping mobile. He doesn't have a panic button aside from radial blind, so you gotta be really careful!

That being said, I go full utility and survivability for him. Skip radial jav. Stretch, continuity, over extended, redirection, vitality, flow, streamline... and his other powers. Switch narrow minded and overextended if you like long slash dashes!

That being said, I go full utility and survivability for him. Skip radial jav. Stretch, continuity, over extended, redirection, vitality, flow, streamline... and his other powers. Switch narrow minded and overextended if you like long slash dashes!

Does he actually need strength mods or not?

Does he actually need strength mods or not?

Depends on you! You can go full strength build with fleeting expertise, blind rage and intensify, but that focuses on Radial Javelin. It's a pretty solid build.

I personally prefer insane slash dash range and playing with super jump. That, or long range radial blind. Pretty fun!

Excal is decent

He's in a better position now because of Melee 2.0.

Though it's really only his Radial Blind that shines, so I would recommend a Duration + Range build over the Damage builds.

Since his Dash and Jump is better for Utility and his Javelins is still in a pretty pitiful state. 

Depends on you! You can go full strength build with fleeting expertise, blind rage and intensify, but that focuses on Radial Javelin. It's a pretty solid build.

I personally prefer insane slash dash range and playing with super jump. That, or long range radial blind. Pretty fun!

I think I'll try a duration build for Radial blind than. But how is Slash dash effected by Duration?

I think I'll try a duration build for Radial blind than. But how is Slash dash effected by Duration?

Duration: affects slash dash distance and radial blind duration

Range: affects radial blind radius and slash dash area of effect

Power: super jump height, slash dash damage, and radial javelin amount and damage

Duration: affects slash dash distance and radial blind duration

Range: affects radial blind radius and slash dash area of effect

Power: super jump height, slash dash damage, and radial javelin amount and damage

Oky dokey. Will try to build him over the week.

As has been said, Excal is no one to be trifled with...

You have to give DE kudos as 2 of the 3 starter frames are some of the strongest in the game. The third ain't no slouch either.

You mean the original third starter, Volt or the new one, Mag?

Mag is definitely a powerful end-game frame as well but she's mostly limited to Corpus. But even then, she kicks &#! even going towards and hour over survival and defense runs.

It's amazing that the starters aside from Volt are easily some of the best "top-tier" Warframes to have on your own. Especially when used by skilled and creative players.

You mean the original third starter, Volt or the new one, Mag?

Mag is definitely a powerful end-game frame as well but she's mostly limited to Corpus. But even then, she kicks &#! even going towards and hour over survival and defense runs.

It's amazing that the starters aside from Volt are easily some of the best "top-tier" Warframes to have on your own. Especially when used by skilled and creative players.

So true. All three are powerful in their own right, and are capable of end-game content with some creative use. Loki, especially, easily slips into that role. Mag and Excal need some working out cause to fully utilize their abilities, one has to think through a strategy, and no invisibility means you need to be more skilled in tactics and escape.

Well besides the look of Excalibur (I got his immortal skin) I love that he comes with a neutral aura slot.  I can run energy syphoon, the corrosive aura, rifle or melee or rejuvenation to be a group healer.  Any aura mod I want without a penalty.

What I did with Excalibur is forma'd two of his ability slots, since Slash Dash is rank 3 and super jump is rank 7 or 9.  So I mix and match all different kinds of mods for Excalibur.  I got his Pendragon helmit for 15 strength and generally included an Intensity mod for super jump.  Helps in the Void when treasury hunting plus I suck at wall climbing so it helps by pass that at lot. Good for getting out of trouble when swarmed at times.

Slash Dash is great to reach a down squad mate quickly or escape from Dodge when needed.  Or to get in and out of melee combat.

I did a build on Radial Javelin using Blind Rage and Intensity along with the Pendragon helmit but it limited his other thee abilities so badly when building for energy efficiency also that I don't use it.  Unless you use super jump with it, half the javelins seem to miss their targets plus I have died quite off using it as the dang javelins never seem to hit that target(s) about ready to melee you.

Radial Blind is great for raising down teammates or 4x melee damage so I am looking forward to doing a melee build for him when Melee 2.0 hits the PS4.  Also works very well for survival and defense missions.  Using a silent weapon is a plus with this as the enemy can still come after you or shoot at you if they can hear your weapon firing.  So a weapon like Dread, Phage or Kunai is very useful or since I prefer to use the Grinlok a Hush mod should work but I haven't tried it out yet.