The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0 (Final?) Impression And Feedback

Deidaku

Hi guys so here my opinion of melee 2.0 as it is now , 

The system succeds in making melee viable  but there is one flaw imo , it's still not fun enough .

Don't get me wrong it is pretty fun to disintegrate grineer with the channeling but a lot of mechincs feel like a waste of potential.

1- the Vertical

I've already made a thread abut this a few days ago : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/215704-something-is-lacking-a-lot-with-melee-20-should-de-add-vertical-attacks-poll-included/

But the main point is the whole game lacks this. Therefore melee 2.0 suffers from it a lot  Just try with any weapon without a ground slam attack to hit an enemy on top a flight of stairs or an osprey that's litterally 20 cm above your head.

It's almost impossible.  

EIther none of the attacks can  hit them because of how they're designed but there's an invisible wall that prevents you from movign forward and hitting another enemy instead. 

Flow breaking and very frustrating

I'm not asking for infinite air juggling guys , ( of course not this isn't  a marvel vs capcom or DMC fighting game ) 

But at least some vertical attacks . 

Which brings me to my next point

2-There's too much untapped potential 

Litterally untapped potential DE, the R button. I've only realized after playing 10 hours in total that "what the hell why isn't this being used?"

It seems like a huge waste. If combos used the R button as the "heavy attack" ,( which would be super useful for heavy weapons like galatine right now) , and not charge attack ,  channeling , we could get more diverse combos. 

+ why aren't there special channeling moves other than parrying? It seemed really feasible . I mean you could get stuff like  ( Ch =channeling) 

E + Ech + E  + Hold Ech  + Rch 

But that would probably take ages to do but you get the point.

I remember Steve and Geoff saying somethign about going too deep into combos and starting over , well I thi  you "over undone it guys";..it feels like mashing E again but with flashy colors.

3-The enemies aren't adapted at all to the system.

I mean the common grineer lancer unit is fine but heaives keep breaking your combos with the ground slam  as I feared . ( Yes there's staggering but if you have  a heavy weapon and not rhino/iron skin  you're too slow and  screwed)  YE sit's supposed to be challenging but It just feels cheap since there's no decent recovery system.

The guardians......they're not very fun to fight ...Maybe it's just me but i've never been challenged by one , I just smash them with my BO staff  before they can do anything.

The corpus , well the ospreys of course ...as said in my previous point about verticality, they're impossible to hit.

infested have become even weaker. since they swarm you = combo counter rising super fast. + they're weak to slash damage and most weapons are swords or blades of some kind....

Void is the only place where the system fares well ( except ospreys and drones ) 

4-  The parrying system is too unreliable

I was expecting to parry more. Maybe i'm doing it wring But I never seem to be able to parry instantly . It's liek I have to wait for it to proc

+ It's not fluid and seemles enough.

Even the finisher bug before U13 was more fluid. 

Well here you go guys , please leave your opinion down below and don't hesitate to correct me on some things :)

I think it is perfect they way it is and i would not like these changes

Whether you or I like it it's not perfect . This game is in beta.

If it was perfect DE wouldn't have made a MELEE 2.0 FEEDBACK MEGATHREAD

It's gonna change , maybe not as I suggested , but the feedback would be pointless otherwise

wait so no changes at all? 

Edited by Deidaku

To answer most of your questions..

I can only assume they didn't have enough time to do the stuff you mentioned and they wanted to give us this version so we can provide feedback upon it (like you did just now). It's safe to say melee is being worked on actively and will be improved. We need to give DE enough feedback in order to see the changed / additions that we want.

I can only assume they didn't have enough time to do the stuff you mentioned and they wanted to give us this version so we can provide feedback upon it (like you did just now). It's safe to say melee is being worked on actively and will be improved. We need to give DE enough feedback in order to see the changed / additions that we want.

I hope the megathread will imporve the ssytem greatly.

But yeah since they had to start all over again at some point some combos do feel a bit unfinished

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1. Yes, agreed. Melee only was supposed to be "viable", and yet it becomes a game of luck/randomness just to hit one flying enemy.

2. Waaay too much untapped potential. Reload button not being used made no sense whatsoever and it could have been used for either light attack or heavy attack so there are ACTUAL combos in the game.

3. The whole finisher/stealth kill system needs to be an insta-kill, because you are still not killing as fast as someone with a gun.

4. You also cannot parry Ancient Pimp Slaps

I think it is perfect they way it is and i would not like these changes

This has to be sarcasm, otherwise you should look into having yourself committed.

This game has been out for like 2 years or more, and 90% of the forum suggestions and glitch fixes requested are the same as when the game was in closed beta. It makes me wonder how big the team working on fixing the game is, cause all I see getting released are new shiny things to keep people buying/grinding playing for and the more things are added, the more compounded problems(new & old) there are.

Edited by dragonboss