Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's Toolbox

Ashenis

I've recently started playing vauban again and it seems that both bastille and vortex perform almost the exact same function... aswell as that the frame is rarely useful (in comparison with other frames) outside of infested defense missions (similar to frost in normal defence)

Wouldn't it be more useful switching bastille for something like a deployable shield of some type giving him some defence to be in higher lvl missions... cause I feel (i am by no means an experienced vauban player i only built him for ODD originally but hes lots of fun) that hes almost useless outside of his little infested defence niche...

Am i the only one who feels this way???

Do not underestimate the power of the vauban, sure hes playstyle is not fast but very tactical and CC heavy, and you can solo litterally every mission if you get used to him, also there is no better WF for taking pictures, ähm scanning :)

Use a main weapon of mass destuction(Ogris, Boar Prime,...), a secondary with accruracy and firing speet (twin wraith Vipers,...)

and you will stat to love it!

This sounds kind of like the people saying, "All of Ember's powers are exactly the same DE, because they are DoT, wth?" instead of looking at the actual function of the abilities.

Vortex is great for grouping things up at a specific point for your to rain hell, use abilities, etc. etc.

Bastille is great for just making it easier to breathe over larger areas. They can't hold up everything that comes, but basically make the waves far more manageable. It's also great for holding up enemies you want to hit with Bansee's sonar mark.

Again, sometimes you want to group up enemies, other times you want to hold them up where they are. It's up to you to make use of it. That's the magic of Booben.

-snip-

Bastille is great for just making it easier to breathe over larger areas. They can't hold up everything that comes, but basically make the waves far more manageable. It's also great for holding up enemies you want to hit with Bansee's sonar mark.

-snip-

blind rage + intensify, and yeah, you *can* pretty much hold up everything that comes your way. add in a bit of stretch and overextended. (which is why blind rage is needed) and you can basically lock down the entire area. absolutely fantastic for things like t3md or t3d.

add a loki and a banshee in the mix and you've got yourself a cakewalk mission.

My roommate mains Vauban and when I use Trinity or Nekros we can easily get to wave 50 on any faction before succumbing to intense boredom. Vauban has his place as a defender but he's perfectly usable in other mission types with his turrets and bastille thanks to his large energy pool.