The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

World News: Call Of Duty Players, "swatting" Opponents?

achromos

DISCLAIMER: this is NOT to hate on people who play call of duty, all of this is based on real events.

Source: http://nypost.com/2014/04/22/call-of-duty-loser-calls-in-swat-team-hoax-on-kid-who-beat-him/#nnn

But Castillo was only using virtual firearms in the online video game. "“Some guy threatened to Swat him,” Castillo’s brother told The Post. “He was pissed that he had lost.”"

So...  People actually do this? This is one reason why people do NOT like call of duty players, not saying personally that they are all bad but just look at stuff like this, losing in a game/not getting your way?  Call the in the swat team!  Yes, waste their time, and the time of the person who actually beat you in the game.

Do they really think that the swat teams would... go in guns blazing?  I dunno, I think that isn't how it works at least in the usa.  Either way, I don't hate/like Call of duty or its players but I cannot help but stuff like this gives gamers in general a bad name.

So, do you think anyone in warframe would do anything like that rofl?  Hmm, maybe someone beats you in a mission score and calls the swat on you lol.  Oh, hey... we 'do' have conclaves, be careful.  Someone might call the swat team in on you if you win against them  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).