Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gram Any Good Now?

(PSN)Daikon177

Question

11 answers to this question

Now that Charge isn't a factor the Gram stat wise just slightly inches in front of the Galatine [like 1 or 2 physical damage difference or something] but is otherwise pretty much identical... with one minor exception: the Galatine still technically hits more enemies per swing, 5 vs Gram's 3.

Will you notice something like that? Uh... well, I didn't really, personally.

Of course it is a weapon [type] that really needs the stances to be useful. Cleaving Wind is good, just start mashing E and go WHEEL OF FORTUNE.

As for the Bo, yeah, with Clashing Forest you are basically playing baseball with enemies. If you are a Nekros like I tend to be it is terrible on open levels because you can't desecrate them after you've smashed them 50 metres away.

But even though bo is buff now the Amphis is still a good choice. It has higher raw physical, a faster attack rate and has a jumping slam that procs electricity stun that is really useful. Plus it looks totally hilarious, like a b grade sci fi weapon: DISCO STAFF. After using both I'd say that if you are doing the typical Berserker build that people like to do with the Bo the Amphis is better at it.

I'm glad the Bo was brought back up to par. Using it just for the ragdolling was enough but melee 2.0 made it even better. Don't even need to forma it really, only did it once for fun. Plus it looks great with the chain dangly :p

The Gram is still quite lacklustre. It's unfortunate because its new appearance is great. They do need to examine some weapons/heavy weapons again though.

Edited by Naith

Now that Charge isn't a factor the Gram stat wise just slightly inches in front of the Galatine [like 1 or 2 physical damage difference or something] but is otherwise pretty much identical... with one minor exception: the Galatine still technically hits more enemies per swing, 5 vs Gram's 3. Will you notice something like that? Uh... well, I didn't really, personally. Of course it is a weapon [type] that really needs the stances to be useful. Cleaving Wind is good, just start mashing E and go WHEEL OF FORTUNE.As for the Bo, yeah, with Clashing Forest you are basically playing baseball with enemies. If you are a Nekros like I tend to be it is terrible on open levels because you can't desecrate them after you've smashed them 50 metres away.But even though bo is buff now the Amphis is still a good choice. It has higher raw physical, a faster attack rate and has a jumping slam that procs electricity stun that is really useful. Plus it looks totally hilarious, like a b grade sci fi weapon: DISCO STAFF. After using both I'd say that if you are doing the typical Berserker build that people like to do with the Bo the Amphis is better at it.

I thought berserker was only good on high crit chance weapons? Or did they change it? I heard they nerfed fury but thats the only change I know about (other than converting charge attack mods to channeling)

I'm glad the Bo was brought back up to par. Using it just for the ragdolling was enough but melee 2.0 made it even better. Don't even need to forma it really, only did it once for fun. Plus it looks great with the chain dangly :pThe Gram is still quite lacklustre. It's unfortunate because its new appearance is great. They do need to examine some weapons/heavy weapons again though.

Definitely, I like using them and dont mind that there slow but the damage is so pitiful. They need to make it to where a maxed dps build will be about the same for all the weapons of that mastery rank requirement just one would be slower but do a lot of damage and vice versa for something like dual daggers or smaller swords

I thought berserker was only good on high crit chance weapons? Or did they change it? I heard they nerfed fury but thats the only change I know about (other than converting charge attack mods to channeling)

Berserker hasn't changed, it is just that with Melee 2.0 attack speed has become a lot more significant so a lot more people are using it in builds. The nerf to Fury was a definite factor in this, but I suspect that people would use it in Bo builds anyway since the high attack speed and wide attack arcs are the main draw points of Clashing Forest [well, for most people, I use it because it looks funny].

You don't need a crit build, heck you don't even need a crit mod to boost the 7.5% chance on the Bo and Amphis as the sheer attack speed will cause a crit to trigger in no time at all. Once berserker is triggered you get a full 24 seconds of speed boost to get another crit which is pretty easy considering how many hits you will potentially be able to throw out in that time, let alone the fact you can hit up to three enemies at a time.

With a full Berserker build if I am playing a round with any latency or Im getting any FPS drop I can't actually reach full speed with the Amphis anymore, the dude just goes nuts.

So what about Bo vs Amphis? I checked the wiki and I can't find anything that really tells me that either one is superior. They both have their strength and weaknesses, but nothing definitive.

As I noted the Amphis has:

Slightly higher raw physical

Slightly faster attack speed

AOE jump slam that stuns

Amphis also has better polarity [dash vs Bo's D] but does have a lower spin attack, so if you do lots of coptering you will probably notice it.

Which is better? Honestly, they are not that different. You will probably not even notice it either way [i trained both and I certainly didn't] but in general I found Amphis slightly more practical, that slam attack is really good.

Berserker hasn't changed, it is just that with Melee 2.0 attack speed has become a lot more significant so a lot more people are using it in builds. The nerf to Fury was a definite factor in this, but I suspect that people would use it in Bo builds anyway since the high attack speed and wide attack arcs are the main draw points of Clashing Forest [well, for most people, I use it because it looks funny].

You don't need a crit build, heck you don't even need a crit mod to boost the 7.5% chance on the Bo and Amphis as the sheer attack speed will cause a crit to trigger in no time at all. Once berserker is triggered you get a full 24 seconds of speed boost to get another crit which is pretty easy considering how many hits you will potentially be able to throw out in that time, let alone the fact you can hit up to three enemies at a time.

With a full Berserker build if I am playing a round with any latency or Im getting any FPS drop I can't actually reach full speed with the Amphis anymore, the dude just goes nuts.

As I noted the Amphis has:

Slightly higher raw physical

Slightly faster attack speed

AOE jump slam that stuns

Amphis also has better polarity [dash vs Bo's D] but does have a lower spin attack, so if you do lots of coptering you will probably notice it.

Which is better? Honestly, they are not that different. You will probably not even notice it either way [i trained both and I certainly didn't] but in general I found Amphis slightly more practical, that slam attack is really good.

*face palm* I am so sorry. I didn't read your post I just skimmed over the topic and needed to ask the question. I need to be less lazier next time especially on a 1 page thread. Thank you for the answer though.

The Gram is probably the worst melee weapon in the game now without any stance mods. And even with them, the Galatine still seems better in most cases. It deals about two less damage per hit, but has much more reach. Plus, its stance polarity matches Cleaving Whirlwind, and the spin attacks benefit greatly from its massive range.

The Gram has the same polarity as Rending Crane, which makes it seem like it is meant to work well with that stance. But I have yet to find that stance, and so I have no idea how good it may be, or if it is not still better on the Galatine.