Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jwarframe - 1.2.1 (Alert And Invasion Notifier For Windows/linux/mac)

GoldenGnu

On 4/16/2016 at 10:16 AM, Vulture051 said:

I would use this over if the RAM usage wasn't disgusting. I know nothing about programming but good god how does it use 100x the RAM Warframe Alerts Informer does?

I would guess because it isn't simply reading the alerts from the twitter feed; This uses Deathmax's API which collects data directly from Warframe.

@Gio21
Naming of rewards. It's possible, but, require we keep two sets of data, one that match the API and one that Match in-game names. If we're going to do that, it will be a lot of extra work with the data set and I also need to do some code changes to make it work.

@Vulture051
jWarframe use a lot of RAM (As stated is the first post).
Approximately 100-90MB RAM are used on images (They take up more space in RAM than on the disk, as they're actually bitmaps (uncompressed) once loaded, the upside is that they're accelerated by the GPU, when displayed). The rest is mostly GUI and some Java overhead.

You can enable "lite" mode to make jWarframe not load the images saving the 90-100mb RAM used by them.

Most modern gaming computers have at least 16GB of RAM. 250mb should not be a problem. Even with a browser, Warframe and jWarframe running at the same time, you should not be using all the RAM.
I also want to note, that, jWarframe may be able to save some RAM at the expense at responsiveness. It's a design choice to favor responsiveness over RAM. A 500ms delay can feel like terrible lag, if you click a button and nothing happens.
That said, jWarframe is not for everyone, as all other software, you're free to choose whatever fit your needs.

I hope you find a good program that fit your needs and use less RAM, happy software hunting o7

@Kurrumitsumi
Double click on jwarframe.jar to run the program.

Extra info:
jar files are the same as exe files, but, for java.

Should you need any further help getting jWarframe to work, just post here and I will help the best I can :)

just one word for this software -.........wait for it..........."legendary".

but i have just 1 question - how can i disable notifications about credits only alerts? i did not find any options for credits in drop down list in add ignore under filters menu.

thnx so much for developing this program.

since today this software not working anymore, it does not show any new alert, just showing same 2 same alert 1 nitain extract and 1 credits alert for past 7 hours. i restarted my computer but still having same issue. please help me. .i have given screen shot.

0fa350480833607.jpg

Edited by eziowar3

• 1 month later...

@GoldenGnu So ive been using the program and i like it a lot but do you think you could add multi monitor support so you can change the position of the popup? i play in fullscreen and obviously it's not ideal for it to keep tabbing my game out with the popup which is really my only way of knowing what the alert is without tabbing out anyway

Thanks

Edited by Qtred

@eziowar3

jWarframe rely on deathsnacks API, so, when it is down, so is jWarframe

@Qtred

That is a reasonable request, I have added it to the ToDo list, but, I do not have time to work on jWarframe ATM. sadly.

@Raffus_ARG

Looks like you figured it out :)

@Gio21

Thank you for your continued support for jWarframe :)

I like your tool. Thank you very much for your work!

On 1.5.2014 at 11:26 PM, BloodKitten said:

trying it a bit more, found out the filter is used to IGNORE selected alerts, it should be reveresd so you pick only what you want to be alerted for.

@ Golden Gnu
Your reply to this request was:
"1) The default is notify for everything. I think that is the right way to go..."

I want to second this request. I'm only interested in a few rewards, like potatoes and other special things I need. Having to de-select 50+ rewards one by one is a pain in the a-s-s. ;)
A good solution would be to offer the filter as a checkbox-list of all the rewards, with all of them checked (selected) by default on installation. This way you still have it "your way". :) I know this would mean a "long" list of checkbox-items, but doing it matrix-like (4-6 columns) with a scrollbar would still be ok.
Adding a "Select All" and a "De-Select All" button would do the trick and achieve a very flexible and easy way to select any kind of filter combination that people may want. :)

5 hours ago, GoldenGnu said:

@Raffus_ARG

Yeah, I could not agree more. The rewards tools need to be reworked. As I said before, don't have the time to work on jWarframe atm. But, when I get the time this is one of my most wanted features :)

Great! * dumbs up *

• 4 weeks later...

Any idea why this awesome program isn't working anymore? Since a few days I get a critical error on startup after the splash screen and progress bar stops at "Loading data"

it tells me to send bug report which I did.

Tried updating Java but I got the same problem...This program is useful to me, is there something i can do to fix it?

@CookingFood

If you could give me the bugID that jWarframe shows after you have reported the bug, I will look into ASAP. :)

This will allow me to find your bug in the ocean of bug reports that have been reported since the latest version was released.

I do not have a lot of time to work on jWarframe, but, I have some free time the next two days, I can use for this :)

@CookingFood

It looks like the download link in the original post was linking to version 1.2.0 instead of 1.2.1 (I'm really sorry about that). If you could try downloading the latest version and check if you still get the error, that would be great. Please, report the bug again if it continues to crash with the latest version and if the bugID change, post the new one in your reply.

Thank you for helping me debug this bug :)