The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally Trinity's Blessing Is Being Looked At!

CatScratch

Trinity is OP

So are other frames

So dont nerf her

That logic

Logic should be if you're going to nerf trinity, might as well nerf every other top tier frame out there because if you're going to leave the other top tier frames then there is absolutely no point in nerfing trinity at all.

this whole "no challenge" argument is so flawed because there is no challenge already. You can easily take away the challenge with any of the top tier frames so why even bother stating that trinity players remove the challenge from a game? 

Go do a 200 wave grineer/corpus with your so called "invincibility" and i'll simply watch the pod die.

Edited by PeterKha

I really don't get why Trinity is getting aimed there, while Iron skin(and Rhino in general) are still alright. Blessing was pretty much one of the only reason that Trinity was loved so much. Rhino still got Iron skin,Roar and Stomp.By nerfing blessing they pretty much removed the ability to do high level content. I really don't get it..

Edited by Alphafox

I really don't get why Trinity is getting aimed there, while Iron skin(and Rhino in general) are still alright. Blessing was pretty much one of the only reason that Trinity was loved so much. Rhino still got Iron skin,Roar and Stomp. I really don't get it..

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Back in the days we didn't have skills that cleared everything in the map with 1 button push.

I know.

I case you imply i support for those skills to be in the game. 

I even made threads about how abilities should get an overhaul and not be easy mode.

Edited by Pixues

Back in the day. You had to use cheat codes to be 100% invulnerable in games. 

I'm going to say this again. 4 trinity squad is not going to take you further than a 4 frost squad in a grineer/corpus tileset. Hell, 4 nyx's or 4 vaubans would probably be able to go alot further than 4 trinities. Goes to show how strong CC is compared to your invincible crap.

I really don't get why Trinity is getting aimed there, while Iron skin(and Rhino in general) are still alright. Blessing was pretty much one of the only reason that Trinity was loved so much. Rhino still got Iron skin,Roar and Stomp.By nerfing blessing they pretty much removed the ability to do high level content. I really don't get it..

They wont remove it, can you use your brain please?

I'm going to say this again. 4 trinity squad is not going to take you further than a 4 frost squad in a grineer/corpus tileset. Hell, 4 nyx's or 4 vaubans would probably be able to go alot further than 4 trinities. Goes to show how strong CC is compared to your invincible crap.

I'm going to say this again. Just because i support the trinity nerf doesn't mean i support the existence of every other skill in this game.

This is a Trinity thread and i reply in such a way. I support the nerf of every skill that makes this game easy mode.

Edited by Pixues

They wont remove it, can you use your brain please?

You should use your brain instead, because i never said anything about removing blessing.Read more carefully next time before posting. It will prevent you from looking like a idiot.

Only thing i say is - be mindful DE.

A lot play against low level enemies (they don´t provide any form of challenge even without mods) any warframe at level 30 is overpowered.

This picture changes with higher level enemies. I like more game challenges as they provide an even better "nerf" such as the new rescue mission changes. ( Good thinking DE can´t wait to play ) All thumbs up !!!

Edited by ioeshepard

Blessing is a real tricky one to mess around with.  On the one hand invincibility for everybody really is rediculously overpowered, but at the same time invincibility is the only way to stay alive when enemies get to the point that their full-auto hitscan weapons can one-shot you.

What would be ideal is if Blessing had some manner of scalability.  Since offering even 90% protection proves ineffective at high enough level play, and total invincibility is too good, perhaps the ability would work best if it made incoming damage deal a maximum of some percentage of the players' health and shields, rather than cut the incoming damage itself.  Kind of a "ten hits and you're out" deal.  You could remove the healing factor as well, and maybe replace Well of Life with a targeted or AoE healing move (because Well of Life frankly sucks).

Actually, that leads into Trinity's other problem--her other abilities are underwhelming.  Well of Life is just awful for actually healing anyone, Energy Vampire takes a long time to work so it's more an energy sink rather than gain, and Link is only useful if you combine it with Blessing and then blow yourself up with an explosive weapon.  It's no wonder people only use Trinity for Blessing!

You should use your brain instead, because i never said anything about removing blessing.Read more carefully next time before posting. It will prevent you from looking like a idiot.

It's same, you QQ before you can read the patch note, wait and see no? and QQ after if you can

Ahh the begginers...

It's same, you QQ before you can read the patch note, wait and see no? and QQ after if you can

Ahh the begginers...

QQ'ing about what.. I'm not even complaining i'm trying to understand the logic behind that move that's all. Ever heard of open discussion? I guess not.. Stop trying to sound smarter than you are please,It only hurt yourself.

QQ'ing about what.. I'm not even complaining i'm trying to understand the logic behind that move that's all. Ever heard of open discussion? I guess not.. Stop trying to sound smarter than you are please,It only hurt yourself.

Stop attacking me personnally, you QQ before you can read the patch note, that's all.

Now i ignore you, and i'm happy for the little well diserved nerf.

Stop attacking me personnally, you QQ before you can read the patch note, that's all.

Now i ignore you, and i'm happy for the little well diserved nerf.

Lol.. never attacked you personally but ok.. you have the right to play the victim!

I'm not defending the nerf, I'm all for it but for that to happen then I at least expect them to rebalance every single top tier frame there is right now otherwise what is the point of eliminating one of those?

You realise that Nyx can cover pretty much a whole map with the right mods on right?

Radial Blind is so easily spammable that it doesn't matter how many enemies enter the map because you can just keep using it.

Stomp is exactly the same, the range you can achieve is enormous and you can continuously use stomp after they're in the air with the cost of 25 energy. Iron Skin prevents you from all CC that the AI do to you. Knockdown/Energy drain/Poison etc.

Combining a Loki with a Vauban means you pretty much turned a grineer/corpus map into an infested map. You can do so much while invis, sure you can get damaged but they can't see you to damage you in the first place unless you're in range of a napalm which will just F*** you up.

And no. Invincibility really means jack S#&$ tbh especially in defence because the AI aim for the pod rather than aim for you. Blessing doesn't heal the pod and make it invincible, pod can easily die at high enough level if all you're running is invincibility and absolutely no CC.

Because try do a wave 200 grineer/corpus defence without a frost globe or a form of CC and use your invincibility and see how long that pod is going to last you. 

The other frames will be gotten to when they are

Rhino stomp CANNOT BE USED AGAIN while an enemy is still being held in the air. I just went in game and tested to confirm

Excalibro seems to be the same , again just tested in game

This might change in the future

Loki X vauban is good for defenses but thats two frames using frame synergy and not one just making things broken

That strategy isnt nearly as good in survivals either

In all honesty that may need to change in the future too but thats up to the devs

I dont know what youre thinking but enemies certainly dont prioritize the pod entirely over players and thats a flat out lie

We were never meant to fight level 200 enemies

No weapon or power is designed to be truly efficient in that situation

One could argue nyx and nekros but the scaling of HP and armor is much higher than the scaling of damage for enemies in high waves

They cant even hurt themselves

Logic should be if you're going to nerf trinity, might as well nerf every other top tier frame out there because if you're going to leave the other top tier frames then there is absolutely no point in nerfing trinity at all.

this whole "no challenge" argument is so flawed because there is no challenge already. You can easily take away the challenge with any of the top tier frames so why even bother stating that trinity players remove the challenge from a game? 

Go do a 200 wave grineer/corpus with your so called "invincibility" and i'll simply watch the pod die.

Logic should be theyll get to it eventually

Why is everyone suddenly expecting them to nerf everything at once?

Iron skin becomes useless in high waves

Roar becomes useless much for the same reason as iron skin

We werent meant to handle those high wave missions

Trinity invi is often the only reason why we can go much farther than an hour

Blessing is a real tricky one to mess around with.  On the one hand invincibility for everybody really is rediculously overpowered, but at the same time invincibility is the only way to stay alive when enemies get to the point that their full-auto hitscan weapons can one-shot you.

What would be ideal is if Blessing had some manner of scalability.  Since offering even 90% protection proves ineffective at high enough level play, and total invincibility is too good, perhaps the ability would work best if it made incoming damage deal a maximum of some percentage of the players' health and shields, rather than cut the incoming damage itself.  Kind of a "ten hits and you're out" deal.  You could remove the healing factor as well, and maybe replace Well of Life with a targeted or AoE healing move (because Well of Life frankly sucks).

Actually, that leads into Trinity's other problem--her other abilities are underwhelming.  Well of Life is just awful for actually healing anyone, Energy Vampire takes a long time to work so it's more an energy sink rather than gain, and Link is only useful if you combine it with Blessing and then blow yourself up with an explosive weapon.  It's no wonder people only use Trinity for Blessing!

Personally

I find link extremely useful

The only issue is blessing outshines it almost entirely

Link has been reduced to utility knockdown/stun immunity

Even though I just posted a nice big wall of text on the last page, I just realized that another option for Blessing might be to start out with invincibility but to, over the power's duration, reduce the effectiveness of the protection percentage by percentage until the ability has run out.  The initial invincibility would give people a chance to catch their breath and find time to take cover as that protection wanes.  For improved scalability, that waning effectiveness could even work the way I described in my other post, working off the players' stats rather than the incoming damage.

WOAH WAIT

We weren't meant to handle those high waves?

Then why the hell are they there? Is that why people crash at wave 231? Do you know something we don't?

It should be fairly obvious we arent meant to handle it

The only thing keeping us up is either trinity keeping us invincible or vaubro suspending anything near the pod long enough for us to spam attack until its dead

Otherwise we have nothing to fight these things