Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally Trinity's Blessing Is Being Looked At!

CatScratch

It maks better cents than you do.

Hysteria has downsides, you can only use bad melee for less potential damage AND you'll take all damage that you would've taken from enemies still alive near you at the end of the effect.

Blessing has no downside whatsoever.

So, once they fix those issues, she won't be OP? Now THAT doesn't make sense. 

I think everyone is forgetting Trinity's role in the game: pure support. She has no direct-damage powers. Now you can say Loki doesn't as well, but his help him to do damage and attack. Trinity strictly helps the team by giving health and energy and providing damage nullification. Hell, she even gives enemies MORE health. (yes i know that this benefits players, but still)

You have characters like Nova and Saryn with super-high damaging ults and Vauban with an ult that lets you get to waves 150+ on ODD. 

But no. Let's nerf Trinity. The support frame. With the most viable support ability in game. 

Your tears and the tears of others are delicious in any amount you offer be it crocodile tears or copious amounts pouring into my autobots coffee mug.

LOL I can't believe anyone would be saying Loki needs a nerf - he's all utility. If a lv120 enemy just hand-tosses a bullet at him he'll disappear... permanently.

Trinity's blessing shouldn't be spammable. If it was removed so what - if it was to be kept, let it be revised accordingly as to not jeopardize the fun factor in the game for players who want to do things other than T3 survival 1hr.

I'm coming from the "defense/survival" is my end game crowd. Blessing is a great way to save a team but to rely on it soley is just... too damn boring and pointless. The challenge now falls onto the Trinity alone to be able to recast it without lag or disconnects.

That's not strategy anymore, that's just mindless smashing of a 4th ability.

Don't be mindless, have a conscious consideration Warframe's longevity as a fun game. Nerfs are needed with great care and even greater observation of the changes.

Oh, hey. I have a solution for your crying for her nerf.

"Thats just mindless smashing of a 4th ability"

Um...uh..hm.

Don't use it? Or her? Is that so hard? 

Trust me, it took me a long time to come up with that solution. I can't blame you for not thinking of it either. 

That doesnt change the fact that its totally broken

Its for the good of the entire game whether you like it or not

Loki lacks any type of damage and can still be hit and killed. His radial disarm is what might be an issue

Ash is basically useless outside of his weaker invisibility and arguably useful 4

Valkyr only makes herself invincible and is limited in her ability to damage or CC in any way

Trinity makes the entire party invincible, not just herself

Virtually eliminating all need for CC or defense of any kind

Also

Just because one frame is OP doesnt mean we shouldnt nerf her

She and any other frames that are too strong should be nerfed or rebelanced accordingly

Your entire argument is on the base that they arent going to have any changes made in the future

If you see a problem then make a post about it

If you keep using such poor defenses for your arguments then you arent going to prove any kind of point to anyone but someone with as linear thinking as youve shown in this post

I dont mean to insult you so sorry for the kind of harsh tone

I dislike poorly built arguments

My argument is on the base that changes being made to game elements is done for the sake of balance, which makes it very confusing when a single skill is targeted for nerfs when skills with a nearly identical result are not. I don't see why it's okay for Valkyr to be invincible and fully resistant to CC while gaining life leech while Trinity's invulnerability is not.

I honestly don't have a problem with Trinity's invulnerability being nerfed so long as Valkyr's invulnerability is, as well. I'm totally cool with Blessing not making the group invulnerable if it gets other buffs to make it more in-line with Hysteria. I'm also totally cool with it not being 100% invulnerability so long as Hysteria is not longer complete invulnerability.

To take action against one skill because temporary invulnerability is considered overpowered then the same action must be taken against all skills that provide some form of invulnerability or the changes become completely inconsistent and you run into yet more of the balance issues you made the changes to resolve in the first place.

Frankly, though, I'm not entirely sure now why this is even a thing since we have no idea what changes are being made, anyway, so it's all speculation. I don't think there's much of a problem at the moment since it's totally possible to end up dead between Blessings or run out of energy, so I'd prefer to see the skill left alone, but it's probably best at this point to just wait and see what the changes are before making any real assessment.

Also:  Saying "I don't mean to insult you" after insulting someone doesn't make it okay.

Oh, hey. I have a solution for your crying for her nerf.

"Thats just mindless smashing of a 4th ability"

Um...uh..hm.

Don't use it? Or her? Is that so hard? 

Trust me, it took me a long time to come up with that solution. I can't blame you for not thinking of it either. 

I'll use her and her abilities including her 4th until DE makes changes.

The only person crying is you and I'm trying my best to fill up before my mug spills from being overflowed!

These tears of yours...MMMM

If you really don´t see why Blessing is so much better than Hysteria... well what should i say.. you seem like a total idiot then.

But i assume you just act like you don´t know it because you like easy mode...

Oh, I know how much better it is. But then again, Trinity is a SUPPORT class. That's what she is meant for; it is why she was created.

But nice try on insulting my intelligence!

My argument is on the base that changes being made to game elements is done for the sake of balance, which makes it very confusing when a single skill is targeted for nerfs when skills with a nearly identical result are not. I don't see why it's okay for Valkyr to be invincible and fully resistant to CC while gaining life leech while Trinity's invulnerability is not.

I honestly don't have a problem with Trinity's invulnerability being nerfed so long as Valkyr's invulnerability is, as well. I'm totally cool with Blessing not making the group invulnerable if it gets other buffs to make it more in-line with Hysteria. I'm also totally cool with it not being 100% invulnerability so long as Hysteria is not longer complete invulnerability.

To take action against one skill because temporary invulnerability is considered overpowered then the same action must be taken against all skills that provide some form of invulnerability or the changes become completely inconsistent and you run into yet more of the balance issues you made the changes to resolve in the first place.

Frankly, though, I'm not entirely sure now why this is even a thing since we have no idea what changes are being made, anyway, so it's all speculation. I don't think there's much of a problem at the moment since it's totally possible to end up dead between Blessings or run out of energy, so I'd prefer to see the skill left alone, but it's probably best at this point to just wait and see what the changes are before making any real assessment.

Also:  Saying "I don't mean to insult you" after insulting someone doesn't make it okay.

Valkyr doesnt make the entire party invincible

Valkyr has to sacrifice damage and lacks any kind of C save from her #3 which is small and not particularly useful

Valkyr is entirely limited to melee and is more of a passive tank and emergency revive in high waves

Trinity sacrifices nothing

She can use literally any weapon she wants

Ogris and Penra gain her CC and damage potential far greater than any frame

She can also opt for the soma/latron prime/synapse for the same purposes

Even if she cant CC she garuntees her party can be purely focused on damage because defensives no longer matter

To say valkyr is as broken as trinity is stupid as hell bluntly

Your argument is entirely a waste of thought process

Again sorry for the harshness but this is frustrating at this point

I have never been to a forum with such poor arguments...

What I don't get is why people complains about Trinity and doesn't complain about Rhino.
Rhino has invulnerability, damage buff and crowd control abilities

Trinity's only usage is Blessing. They shouldn't nerf it, they should buff the other 3 powers. I mean come on, why using Well of Life when you can use blessing? And what's the point on using the second power, if your teammates kill your "primed" target? And what's the point on using Link, when seriously, it isn't useful at all?

What I don't get is why people complains about Trinity and doesn't complain about Rhino.

Trinity's only usage is Blessing. They shouldn't nerf it, they should buff the other 3 powers. I mean come on, why using Well of Life when you can use blessing? And what's the point on using the second power, if your teammates kill your "primed" target? And what's the point on using Link, when seriously, it isn't useful at all?

Hey now, Link is really useful. It provides knockdown immunity and damage resistance. Combine it with Blessing and you have Rhino's Iron Skin! 

Hey wait a second...

The ONLY reason I would agree with someone that Blessing needs a nerf is because it is currently open to exploitation. Yes - this should be addressed - as I did back on page 3 with a list of different ways to approach the nerf with out absolutely destroying it. 

I am more than willing to admit that Blessing is currently open to exploitation in a number of ways - all of which should be addressed - but please for the love of Lotus - compromise. This goes for everyone - all those in favor and opposed to a Trinity nerf. Be willing to let something go in order to get something else you want in return.

There are ways to balance her without annihilating her at the same time - and likewise, there are necessary changes that need to be made in order to balance her. 

Edited by DJ_Redwire

I just want Oberon to become a viable healer, man :(

This. If there were another viable healer, I wouldn't be so upset about a Trin nerf. But, as she is our only healer, her ult needs to stay how it is. 

Possibly a duration reduction, but nothing too severe.

The op is being highly misleading. It should be noted that not only trinity is being looked at. The devs have asserted time and time again that ALL of the warframes are being looked at. The fact that op failed to mention this, and only mentioned Trinity's blessing just because of what was said in the devstream, makes it seem like she's specifically being targeted. And that's kind of baiting.

Nerf blessing and buff/rework the other three or rework all

Rhino becomes useless a bit end game

anything under lvl 35-40 any lvl 30 frame can handle very easily

Yeah...

I wish he dropped obs with his 4 even if it doesnt kill

lets look at all of the trinity skills than

well of life - only used for trolling your allies when you don't want them to kill some unit

energy vampire - you get very low energy , with long pauses in between and very short range , only good for the cc - horrible dmg on it and utlity that is equal to a single blue orb drop - and at least you can pick up the blue orbs when you move around but with energy vampire you have stay rooted

link - only useful with  blessing attacked - can be combined with explosive dmg to actually work quite well - high risk move since if you  use explosives on yourself without blessing you will die

blessing - god mode and full heal for the team for a decent amount of time - this skill is extremely powerful I cant argue that but looking at the other 3 skills that are horrible I see this extreme power as justified

if blessing is going to be nerfed than link needs to have its former glory brought back with 90% dmg reduction , well of life needs to be changed into something that emits from trinity or something that not only heals in the area but also dmges other things that are in the area , and both energy vampire and well of life need to have their radius increased easily by 100% , than I would say you can nerf blessing  

I would rather have an Oberon in my team over a Trinity 100 out of 100 times... if its an Oberon that knows he can toss heals. A lot of ppl play him like a wanna DPSer, stick to what hes meant for.

lets look at all of the trinity skills than

well of life - only used for trolling your allies when you don't want them to kill some unit

energy vampire - you get very low energy , with long pauses in between and very short range , only good for the cc - horrible dmg on it and utlity that is equal to a single blue orb drop - and at least you can pick up the blue orbs when you move around but with energy vampire you have stay rooted

link - only useful with  blessing attacked - can be combined with explosive dmg to actually work quite well - high risk move since if you  use explosives on yourself without blessing you will die

blessing - god mode and full heal for the team for a decent amount of time - this skill is extremely powerful I cant argue that but looking at the other 3 skills that are horrible I see this extreme power as justified

if blessing is going to be nerfed than link needs to have its former glory brought back with 90% dmg reduction , well of life needs to be changed into something that emits from trinity or something that not only heals in the area but also dmges other things that are in the area , and both energy vampire and well of life need to have their radius increased easily by 100% , than I would say you can nerf blessing  

Hold up wait a minute

To be fair most frames dot have 4 amazing abilities so lets be fair with that

#1 stinks a bit yes but its a cheap holder

#2 Deals % damage which scales with HP and possibly ignores armor. THAT IS A USEFUL SKILL. Given it can only kill one enemy at a time

Better one than none

#3 is like epic Valkyr armor except it reflects some damage back and prevents KD/Stuns/ECT/status which are also reflected back in a somewhat CC type way at times even. Its dmage reduction that works with shields

Do i need to say more? Shes effectively one of th best tanks in the game with it

#4 is not justified

There is no justification for anything being overpowered ever

Hold up wait a minute

To be fair most frames dot have 4 amazing abilities so lets be fair with that

#1 stinks a bit yes but its a cheap holder

#2 Deals % damage which scales with HP and possibly ignores armor. THAT IS A USEFUL SKILL. Given it can only kill one enemy at a time

Better one than none

#3 is like epic Valkyr armor except it reflects some damage back and prevents KD/Stuns/ECT/status which are also reflected back in a somewhat CC type way at times even. Its dmage reduction that works with shields

Do i need to say more? Shes effectively one of th best tanks in the game with it

#4 is not justified

There is no justification for anything being overpowered ever

No she is not. 75% reduction is absolutely crap. Seriously, go run an ODE and link yourself and watch you die in like 2 seconds from them attacking you.

But in the end, who needs invincibility when you can pull off numbers like this? Right?

1393005046-sans-titre.png

Because this is so much more "balanced"

All blessing does is take a bit off your shoulders so you have one less thing to worry about, yourself. Meaning you can do the most stupid crap and still get away with it and blessing isn't even needed early - mid tier because of how easy the game is.

But lock the map down with the right CC for Nova to pull off damage numbers like that and you've pretty much got a one hit KO to level 2000 mobs.

If your idea of end game is 30 - 45 like somebody else here stated then every single frame is viable to go that high and easily too but of course if end game is waves 150+ all frames that make that easy should be completely nullified also. That's the only way I'll be happy with the nerf.

I mean you can nerf trinity to the ground as long as you nullify those around her as well because that's what "balance" is and in doing that, you're going to have even more people complaining and not about trinity but about their other favourite frames who also got toned down in the process.

Valkyr doesnt make the entire party invincible

Valkyr has to sacrifice damage and lacks any kind of C save from her #3 which is small and not particularly useful

Valkyr is entirely limited to melee and is more of a passive tank and emergency revive in high waves

Trinity sacrifices nothing

She can use literally any weapon she wants

Ogris and Penra gain her CC and damage potential far greater than any frame

She can also opt for the soma/latron prime/synapse for the same purposes

Even if she cant CC she garuntees her party can be purely focused on damage because defensives no longer matter

To say valkyr is as broken as trinity is stupid as hell bluntly

Your argument is entirely a waste of thought process

Again sorry for the harshness but this is frustrating at this point

I have never been to a forum with such poor arguments...

Trinity has no damage buff at all.

Trinity has a single-target CC that isn't even worth slotting.

Trinity has little to no survivability without Blessing or Link running and frequently dies between Blessings even with Natural Talent slotted, whereas Valkyr has ridiculous health and armor that allows her to re-cast Hysteria more easily without dying in high-level content.

Hysteria lasts 3x longer, dropping your chances of dying between Hysterias.

Valkyr can CC with a regular jumping melee attack just like every other frame can, so the CC from a Penta/etc. isn't really that big of an advantage, especially when you consider that you have to build it for proc chance if you want it to reliably proc blast for the knockdown. Jump attack's guaranteed AoE knockdown.

I don't think it's entirely accurate to say there are absolutely no tradeoffs whatsoever.

I always play either solo or with one or two friends, so I'm looking at this issue from a mainly solo player's perspective. Valkyr's invulnerability and Trinity's invulnerability are pretty much identical to me. I don't really care if they remove Blessing's ability to make your team-mates invulnerable, but we have no idea if that's the change being made yet, so, again:  Speculation. My concern is that Blessing may be nerfed in a way that disproportionately affects solo players in an attempt to resolve issues that allegedly only occur in team play.

And, again: If you feel like you have to apologize at the end of your post, you should probably re-write your post. It's not like verbal communication where everything's said in real-time. And alleged "poor arguments" are no excuse for poor behavior. You can't belittle someone in one sentence, apologize and then make yet another belittling comment without appearing disingenuous.

Wow.. 

Yes i play T3 survival 

Solo. 30 Mins... Without Trinity

YOU REALY THINK ITS SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF DOING 30+ Mins with TRINITY???

Wtf are you smoking..

Its NOT bad if you can´t do 2h+ Easy Mode... IF blessing gets nerfed doing 2h+ Survival will perhapse be something to be proud of again...

Yeah u right 30min. is nothing but to say 2h Surv with Trin is Easy is a lie maybe for the others if Trin make his Job good. If u play Trinity u have to be very careful. It starts between 45-60min thats Trinity goes one hit down even in the short cast time of Blessing (with Natural Talent) and if u die its needs not a long time the others die too. --->Mission Failed<---

Btw maybe u not die but that don´t care at this time. The difficult is to get enough Air drops because your Killrate shrink very fast and no Kills no Air.

...same at def-Missions maybe u dont die but the Pod will be destroyed with ONE Hit and there enemys like Rail-Moas that shoot from a far distance maybe too far away for Bastille or Vortex, Nyx can only recast if the first cast finished for CC etc... and the damn Rail-Moas shoot throw Frost´s Snow  Globe.

I think u just never make a really High Time or High Wave Mission... and before u ask why we play so long... because its the only thing we can make that challenge us all "standart" Mission are just to easy even without Trinity.

Now think about that...

[Edit:] I don´t talk about Infested... and think about it just 1sec without your attention and u waste a lot of time...

Edited by Psycho1848

Trinity is boring, glad they're gonna nerf her 4. Like Frosts globe, makes them funner for everyone. I have little time for people who run Trin and Nova and spam 4. The countless times I've had to revive a downed Nova for being cheeky, or sitting bored at the pod while invincible. 

But lock the map down with the right CC for Nova to pull off damage numbers like that and you've pretty much got a one hit KO to level 2000 mobs.

Dude u make me laugh...

At first: U play a standart Mission and shoot a "not Heavy" Enemy do u really think that Lvl150-300 Enemys have not more Life, Armor and Shield or u think u have a fast enough Killspeed for Surv Mission with this Weapon (even when u kill them Oneshot) btw the enemys spawn so fast that u never be without them that means u have to loot the Air drops right in side of them ( the Heavy ones )  and what did they do if u come to close? Right they Knock u out and u lost more and more Time...

And second: Really??? ^^

Dude u make me laugh...

At first: U play a standart Mission and shoot a "not Heavy" Enemy do u really think that Lvl150-300 Enemys have not more Life, Armor and Shield or u think u have a fast enough Killspeed for Surv Mission with this Weapon (even when u kill them Oneshot) btw the enemys spawn so fast that u never be without them that means u have to loot the Air drops right in side of them ( the Heavy ones )  and what did they do if u come to close? Right they Knock u out and u lost more and more Time...

And second: Really??? ^^

Are you serious? Clearly you've not used AMD. It was a recent screenshot I found off one of antimatter threads but I can pull numbers like that (maybe not that high) but close in range for enemies level 1000+ yet alone level 150 - 300. I can kill those enemies with my penta like they're nothing lol. Have you even done any high level content?

I'm talking about defence, because in survival depending on what you're doing Nekros is more viable and if you're doing corpus then mag is a must have frame. You can easily go high in defence with Nova's AMD and any form of CC to protect you and your team.

I have a feeling am the only one who fought Trinity's Blessing was a poorly designed ability and the only Trinity out there that don't have Blessing in my build, please someone prove me wrong...

you dont like trin?

solution: dont use her, get over it

complain: well she a frame and i want to use her

explain: She a MEDIC for a reason you know?

complain: she ruin "endgame", and experience for other ppl in games, and in normal popular mission like MD, defense, or survival

solution: dont use her. make your own game and invite people for games (set game to private) and make a rule for no X frame/weapon

reason: she is optional, same as booben, nova, zephyr, rhino, loki

now get over it

u think she poorly made for blessing... TF2 ubercharge while yes u need to charge up... dont blame her because everyone abuse warframe mechinics and mod to be able to spam ability of any. now dont go saying NERF MODS cause that not the answer and dont forget this game has no skill since enemy are bullet soaker base mechinic, there is little to no AI skill involve to deal with (like say Dark Soul when u actually need skill)