Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Fusion Feedback [Pics Inside!]

djjdiss

Hello kiddies! Let me see a show of hands for how many of you came here b/c you were told there were pics inside!

*counts the show of hands*

Good deal!

Ok lets get right into it and talk about this new mod system and ways we can improve it.

QUICK MOD FUSION

we'll start off with one of my biggest gripes. I can't tell you what a pain in the &#! it is for me to fuse my mods that i have equipped to a sentinel, warframe or weapon. Every time I go through the process it feels like a frickin ordeal and makes me want to take several breaks or just log out alltogether after i'm done.

modfusionconcept_zps58930c17.png

In this pic we can see how this system SHOULD work.

In this example we can see my Saryn is about to get her Flow mod buffed. I simply click on the mod I want to fuse and then find the other duplicates easily in the short list and POW im all done.

No unequiping the mod first then searching through lists that need to be sorted by price, type, name or other $&*&*#(%& category in order to find my duplicates to fuse with. Less autistic more efficient. good stuff.

The other upside to having this list to pick from is that it contains only mods that will yeild that highest fusing potential with the mod you'd like to buff (i.e. the list only contains duplicates and warframe mods which will give the biggest amount of boost)

But Djjdiss what about fusion cores and wanting to use non similar mods to buff the one i want to rank up???

Hold your grapefruits ladies i'm getting to that.

In order to fuse mods that are equipped you would select the mod like normal, hit the fusion button, and then click on the mod button to be taken into your complete catalog of mods to begin selecting the ones you wanted to fuse. after you're done you simply hit the apply button and BOOM youre all set w/o having to unequip that mod once.

nonsimilarfusion1_zpsc509b63b.png

First we select our equipped mod here and initiate fusion then select the mods button

nonsimilarfusion2_zps5fa64de4.png

Now we select the non similar mods we want to fuse hit apply and walla! were all done. All without the need to unequip the mod!

ONE CLICK SOLUTION

Ready for an even cooler solution? How about pressing one button to fuse all duplicates?

oneclickfuse_zps1055e371.png

Ok folks thats it for the fusing feedback I wanted to give. If I find something else that I can add cheese to with my whine i'll make sure to let ya know! =)

Moving on let's talk about skill mods. Exciting S#&$ right? I know I know, please contain yourselves...

SKILL MOD TOOL TIPS

So i gotta ask...have any of you wondered WTF each rank in your skill is boosting? Is it damage is it duration does it make me a sammich if I max it? seems pretty common sense but apparently it flew rigth past DE's radar or some buttcrap like that, but I digress.

Enough talking...Stephanie, show them what's behind door # 1!!!!

DUE TO SOME HORRIBLE RIP IN THE SPACE TIME CONTINUUM, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SHOW THIS HILARIOUS PIC TO YOU..............................actually it's b/c DE apparently limits the number of photo's you can post for some reason. very irritating

modtooltip_zps2079c420.png

Well kiddos other then that i'd say DE did a bang up job on this system so that's about all for me.

Remember to always wash behind your ears, eat healthy food, draw inside the lines when coloring your pictures and stay the hell away from those damn pop-up books they'll scare the crap outta you.

~ciao

Edited by djjdiss

I agree that fusion of mods needs to be simpler. Right now I find myself digging through 3 pages of mods to find the duplicates. I can only imagine the terror when I have 10+ pages. Also, it would be nice to sort the mods in a better way, and keep the fusion cores in a seprate page.

Sorry but i got some off topic questions.

How did you get your warframe to be all shiny-like ?

What colour is that gold ?

Lol i knew someone was going to ask about that.

[size=7](1)[/size] to get this game to look its best and to look the way i have it, go to your graphics options and make sure they look like this

graphicssettings_zpsec902a20.png

minus the windowed mode of course. i only use that to take pics as this game does weird things to pic in full screen for me.

[size=7](2)[/size]

the color i'm using on saryn is from the storm pallet

colorchoice_zps914270c0.png

• 2 weeks later...

+1

Love the game, but I couldn't agree more with the fact that the mod system needs a serious overhaul for ease of use.  Even something as simple as a "check box" system on the main mods page would help tremendously so you can filter out other mod types that you don't want to look at (like being able to just select "Rifle" based mods to display).

Edited by Config

I don't know why you would want to fuse all duplicutes together with a single button. Maybe you will need the mod for another warframe or weapon soon and it just won't drop. I find it kinda risky and tempting.  I would like to see the same level (and name) mods be shown as one in equip screen to avoid multiple pages. You only need 1 after all.

I agree that fusion of mods needs to be simpler. Right now I find myself digging through 3 pages of mods to find the duplicates. I can only imagine the terror when I have 10+ pages. Also, it would be nice to sort the mods in a better way, and keep the fusion cores in a seprate page.

you know that if you press "Name" all mod are nicely stacked together