Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Rework

SoulDust

Finding myself more and more disappointed with Oberon as I found many others are. I'm hoping that they already know he needs to be changed. Or something at least. Just some thoughts on him 

For one he's a paladin" with 65 armor.

Smite: Such a let down of a skill. A direct copy or Soul Punch with a similar effect just slightly different.

Reworked Smite: He throws those blue balls in the general direction forward, and they debuff who they hit. So "armor/shield, speed" debuffs. 

Hallowed Ground: Damage scales poorly, and it's useless against 2/3 factions 80% of the time. Plus it's a freaking rectangle on the ground, and looks well...yeah.

Reworked : Perhaps make it like old ember's WoF. Or. Change the shape into a reasonable circle, and turn it into a point and summon skill. So where ever you point a circle of fire is plopped on the ground. Idk this sort of skill seems useless most of the time, so i'm not sure how to even change it.

Renewal: Not bad, but the heal is so poor there's never any use for it. I think the heal should be turned into an instant shield and health restore. Not some slow OT heal that's cancelled out by a prodman. The travel time of the skill makes this not over the top.

Reckoning: His only useful skill right now, if you want to call it that.

Rework: Mobs slammed by this get stunned on the ground for a short period of time due to the force of the impact.

These are just some thoughts to make oberon an overall more useful frame, I still think he was poorly created regardless. He isn't a "paladin" nor a "jack of all trades". He's just simply there, and easy to obtain. Simply a spam 4 key frame.

Edited by SoulDust

Reworked : Perhaps make it like old's ember's WoF. Or. Change the shape into a reasonable circle, and turn it into a point and summon skill. So where ever you point a circle of fire is plopped on the ground. Idk this sort of skill seems useless most of the time, so i'm not sure how to even change it.

To be perfectly honest, I thought this is exactly what the skill would be like when I first got Oberon. Boy, what a surprise I was in for...

Reckoning: His only useful skill right now, if you want to call it that.

Rework: Mobs slammed by this get stunned on the ground for a short period of time due to the force of the impact.

The damage of Reckoning doesn't scale very well either. It doesn't need to be an insta-win button, but some more crowd control would be good.

I've struggled for ages for reasons to keep Oberon.. I pity potatoed him, thinking it might help, and it didn't. I still sit wondering why I keep the heap of BS that he is. Especially given his name.. The King of Fairies? No he's the king of FAIL. Honestly, if your ideas were implemented, I think I could have no doubts about keeping him in my arsenal. Honestly, I forget about him, half the time. The other half, I spend trying to convince myself that he'll be better someday..

Scott!! You talked about buffing/nerfing frames.

This BUFF deserves it's A for effort.

Top of your list, should be Excalibur for Mega Buff. He needs such a buff, that the haters call for a nerf.

+1, good suggestions.

Smite would need a rework that doesn't step on the watery toes of Hydriod's Tempest Barrage. But yeah I agree with the rework. Summons a bunch of cool looking orbs that levitate around him, the launches them at his crosshair. This also could be good if they converged on that point but did have a wide spread at cast so as to have a higher chance of collision with enemies other than the target aimed at. And, of course, the bounce effect would remain.

Hallowed Ground. I have no problem with its shape, but I agree with you that it looks odd. And I agree that it needs a damage buff. I would just suggest a "faded" effect the further towards the edges of the rectangle the ability goes (ex. the very edges would be pretty much not noticeable, but the center would be very bright and such). This could also work as a damage buff, dealing significantly more damage to enemies the closer they are to the center point of the area of effects and not as much on the edges. Also, I like the idea of a point-and-cast at an area rather than directly in front of Oberon. Still limited range, but I think it could still be very helpful and be a little less risky to deploy (casting this so a charging Ancient Disruptor gets hit by it is hardly ever worth it considering that you have to be fairly close to cast it).

Renewal. I like it as it is but it just needs a slight buff to the amount it heals in my opinion. I don't tend to like instant heals honestly. Especially to both shields and health, as it gets a bit over-powered.

Reckoning is pretty much fine in my opinion, with maybe a damage buff being appreciated. But I would be happy if it was left alone. :P

Good post, good suggestions. Thanks for the read

I think Smite is pretty good how it is now. But the useless extra projectiles it spawns need work. Making them actually home in on targets, instead of randomly bouncing around and missing everyone would be great.

Hallowed Ground definitely needs to be changed. Its damage is useless even at low levels, and unless you cast two or three of them it is barely even noticeable. Keeping the current damage, but adding a powerful debuff would probably be good. Like a 50% speed and damage reduction, and a high radiation proc chance would be nice. And making it a circle around Oberon instead of the hard to place rectangle would help too.

Renewal is nice, and I usually use it when playing solo to keep myself alive during long missions. But having the Rejuvenation aura is basically the same thing for free. How about adding a shield recharge and damage resistance on top of the healing?

I also wanted to like Oberon, I only found fun with the hallowed grounds abilities and making jokes about reckoning and welcoming enemies to the slam and the jam, I think what would make  me happy is if hallowed grounds did a bit more perhaps if it damage enemies but works a bit like decoy and make enemies either come towards it  or causing them to shoot at it trying to remove the hollowed ground. or perhaps make it a bit like hallowed grounds from pen and paper game D&D, it also buffs any player who stands ontop of it as well.

I also wanted to like Oberon, I only found fun with the hallowed grounds abilities and making jokes about reckoning and welcoming enemies to the slam and the jam, I think what would make  me happy is if hallowed grounds did a bit more perhaps if it damage enemies but works a bit like decoy and make enemies either come towards it  or causing them to shoot at it trying to remove the hollowed ground. or perhaps make it a bit like hallowed grounds from pen and paper game D&D, it also buffs any player who stands ontop of it as well.

That's interesting actually. Hallowed Ground giving allies a buff :o that's pretty sick. Maybe it would give power efficiency or something I dunno, I like that though

I agree Oberon requires a rework. It's not the Warframe it should be.

It definitely needs an armor buff, although the only armor values there seem to be for Warframes are 15, 65 and 190. Oberon currently has 65 armor. Buffing it up to 190 might be too much, considering it has a little higher health than average (125/375). I'd suggest buffing Oberon's armor up maybe around 100. 

As for his abilities, in my opinion, Smite is the most useless of them all. In fact, Reckoning is really the only ability worth using. 

Smite

I feel like Smite should act similarly to Ember's Fireball. Oberon throws out an orb of energy, targeted freely. Direct impact deals the same damage and elemental values as it does now, but also explodes, affecting those nearby instead of shooting out more ricocheting orbs. 

Hallowed Ground

It's a good area of effect power, but I think an additional slow affect with make this ability more worthwhile. 

Renewal

Could be buffed a couple ways. Either increasing the regen rate, or make it an instantaneous heal. 

Reckoning

Oberon's most useful ability. Although I think a possible rework could be changing it so that "righteous fire" rains down, similar to Hydroid's Tempest Barrage. 

I think Hallowed ground should heal or protect with a certain per centage your fellows tennos or yourself... Because you know... It's hallowed ground.

Otherwise, I like to play with him and for me just 1 and 2 need a real rework, the 3 and 4 are fine.

Edited by Deydreus

I think that Oberon's hallowed ground should be circular and should stay under his feet and "give-or-take" 8 meters in radius, it should deal 15% less damage than it deals now, has a "snare" effect on enemies ( enemies are slowed down by 15% unupgraded (60% maxed)), the ability should have 15% chance to proc radiation at all ranks (both the "snare" and the proc can't be improved by power intensifying mods), it should have special effect that if an enemy is killed on the "area of effect" will replenish the health of any ally in the radius by 10 HP ( 40 HP if maxed).

now that would be useful.