Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unfair Hacking

Guest SSA625

Guest SSA625

I play solo a lot, and when I do, it really annoys me when I try to hack a lock-down and then get attacked by a melee enemy who critically hits me with each hit, meaning I'm dead before I can finish hacking 2/3 times. If something can be done to make the person hacking invulnerable ONLY when doing so, I'd love that. But that's just me.

If you're locked in, that also means that no new enemies can enter the room.

You kill everything in there and then hack it open.

Why would there be any need for hacking invulnerability? Don't be lazy and clear the room first.

If you're locked in, that also means that no new enemies can enter the room.

You kill everything in there and then hack it open.

Why would there be any need for hacking invulnerability? Don't be lazy and clear the room first.

exactly problem solved

Yeah. I actually appreciate lockdowns sometimes, if only because they give me a respite from the occasional neverending stream of enemies.

I actually had a lockdown occur during a mobile defense mission.

Made it an absolute cakewalk.

The same thing happened to me today, So naturally one of my teamies hacked the console :(

Must have been a new guy then :)

To the OP, lockdowns work to your advantage. You even hear Lotus say that the area has been locked and a quick scan of the area will reveal that most doors are locked as well.

Enemies beating you up at that point seems like poor insight to me.

Yeah, you can also use Lockdowns to your advantage, for example; Using the Paris to blast out a window on the Spaceship tileset can quickly turn an observation deck into a death chamber and leave your pursuers sucking vacuum. Please do note though that it is a highly inefficient way to kill them though (because they drain health at roughly the same rate as a Warframe) and eventually the decompression effects the rest of the map and causes some really trippy S#&$ to happen (I.E. damage effects strewn across the level, decompression sound effects lingering even though your past the lockout).

You can also buy an item called a 'Cipher'. 250 credits will buy you four. A cipher can be used to instantly succeed at a hack attempt and is very nice to have if you are under fire, or if there's an evironmental hazard while locked in.

It's always a good idea to have at least 1-2 ciphers with you while on a mission.

Edited by Dancingfirefly