Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Level Weapons In 20 Min?

K0bra

Question

Hello Community

In chat today alot ppl said me that its easy to lvl a rank 0 weapon in 20 min to 30.

I think i do anything wrong.I use atm Booster and put all other weapons out,unequip sentinel attack mod,but still i need long time.

Can anyone tell me how i can do that so fast?

Thanks.

PS: I know i play that game for long time but thats a thing i dont know.

11 answers to this question

well if you do pluto survival dark sector (not with pubs because they always leave after 5 minutes for credits >_>) you can get a rank 0 weapon to rank 17 by 15min so i guess staying till  35 or so will max it, i dont know of anyway of doing it faster

Edited by Aver

Bring a frame that you won't use to kill the enemies,

only bring the weapon u want to lvl up(unequip other weapons),

go to Dark Sector(that gives additional perks to weapon u want to lvl up; e.g Primary, go to Pluto)

Voila :3

Edit: typo

Edited by SpilockT_T

Yeah thx guys i did that dark sector thing but for example with the boar i cant kill anything after wave 5 when no mods inside.

I try now out by uneqquing the sentinel.I hope i get then more xp direct to the wep.Best would be unequip the warframe :D

EXP gain is solely from killing enemies.  The more you kill, the more EXP you get.

Because of this, survival and Defense missions give much, much much more EXP than other mission types.

Extermination actually tends to give the least due to the strictly limited number of enemies.

Also don't solo.  If the other players are near you, you get the same EXP as they do for their kills.

Yeah thx guys i did that dark sector thing but for example with the boar i cant kill anything after wave 5 when no mods inside.

I try now out by uneqquing the sentinel.I hope i get then more xp direct to the wep.Best would be unequip the warframe :D

i understand that you get less xp for desired weapon overall, but at that point i just get a nova buddy of mine to start painting the map in pretty colors because at the end of the day you get more xp this way than trying to kill lvl 30+ enemies with a unmodded weapon after 10 minutes or so.

As some people said, pick a dark sector defense as high level as you can with the correct weapon bonus, go with a full squad and only the weapon you are leveling (i always take 1 maxed weapon at least for emergencies or bosses like stalky zanuka and g3 but thats your choice) go with full squad and run as high waves as you think is possible, i don't think its possible to max level a weapon in 20 min but at the same time i never use boosters or unequippe weapons, good luck

Basically, leech.

You won't be killing anything with your lvl 0 weapon, and you wont be bringing any other weapons, and you don't want to kill with your frame.

So, bring a frame that's useful without killing (Banshee, Trinity, Vauban etc) and let your teammates do all the work.

DS Defense is easiest, but I tend to get more xp rate out of Survival, assuming my teammates can keep up the kill rate that I'm not really contributing to.

as others have said, go with a full squad, do survival, ideally in one of the dark sectors that boosts your specific weapon affinity (for example, +shotgun affinity if you're leveling up the boar), and leech dat exp

use a frame that won't kill stuff, but can still be useful (nekros, trinity, vauban), or can boost your damage so that you can steal some kills with your unranked weapon (banshee's sonar, rhino's roar). banshee's pretty great for leveling up weapons, as you can get massive damage boosts from sonar, and you can use sonic boom for a bit of crowd control (very fun)

as for your team, if you aren't nekros/trinity, it's always helpful to have them in your squad for a survival. then bring someone like nova or ember who can nuke the infested to oblivion. stick together, and that's about it

outside DS survival/defense, elara on jupiter is a great mission for affinity, as the anti-moas spawn early and often, and they give a fair amount of affinity, since they're pseudo-heavy units (you have essentially 4 tiers of enemies: grunts, grunts+, pseudo-heavies, and heavies. heavies give around 7-9x the exp of grunts, pseudo-heavies give about 3-4x exp of grunts, grunts+ give 1.5-2x the exp of grunts, and grunts are fodder/baseline. fusion moas and anti-moas are pseudo-heavy, while shockwave and railgun moas are more like grunts+. corpus techs are the corpus heavies. for reference, infested ancients are pseudo-heavy, and grineer bombards/napalms/heavy gunners are heavy. generally, all these higher ranking units don't spawn within the first 5 minutes of a survival. but anti-moas do on elara)

well that post went longer than I intended

Leech from your teammates while contributing with support abilities.

Teammate kills grant you 25% of that EXP to warframe, primary, secondary, and melee. If you only have one weapon equipped then you get 25% warframe and 75% to that weapon.

Dark sector survival/defense is the best exp IMO. I managed to get 95k weapon exp (only 1 weapon equipped) in 10 waves of defense and that was without exp boosters.