The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Mods (Use To Improve)

Shanoo

Hey, I'm just watching the devstream 27 and devs said something about warframe ability mod drops. I got an idea: How about removing ability mod drops completely and like increase their rank with usage? This would on the one hand make drops and fusion of ability mods obsolete and on the other hand encourage players to use different abilities. There are a lot of underused abilities for a couple of warframes, why not give those some love and players a motivation to use non-"said-to-be-best-in-slot" abilities and even discover new builds, combinations or synergies. This would also benefit that kind of play (anything you want) to improve instead of farm fusion cores to improve.

What do other players think about this?

I like it but I dont see why they cant jusy make them to have the stats of a max level ability mod and make it to where you cant get rid of them until you sell the frame they are for and you get the full set when you craft them anyways so I dont get why there a drop in the first place. I heard scott say that some people use a non maxed ability mod in there builds but who does that? Seriously who? If your gonna use that ability theres absolutely no reason not to max it

I like it but I dont see why they cant jusy make them to have the stats of a max level ability mod and make it to where you cant get rid of them until you sell the frame they are for and you get the full set when you craft them anyways so I dont get why there a drop in the first place. I heard scott say that some people use a non maxed ability mod in there builds but who does that? Seriously who? If your gonna use that ability theres absolutely no reason not to max it

I do that. I do that a lot. Anyone who actually designs intelligent builds does that a lot. Not everyone just maxes things out and forgets about it forever. Don't assume everyone plays the game the way you do, nor that we want to. I don't want to play it your way.

I do that. I do that a lot. Anyone who actually designs intelligent builds does that a lot. Not everyone just maxes things out and forgets about it forever. Don't assume everyone plays the game the way you do, nor that we want to. I don't want to play it your way.

Well im sorry but I never knew that could be a good thing. This is gonna sound condescending but im honestly curious, what powers and builds do you like to use non maxed ability mods? Again im being serious, I like to play around with advanced builds on my warframes so I might wanna try one of these builds to see if I like it

Sorry, but that makes no sense to me. 

First of all not maxing out an Ability gives you less Effect for the same cost and that we can easily reach the efficiency cap makes using lower ranks of abilities not very intelligent in my eyes.

I understand that you want to alter abilities for example you want an AoE attack more concentrated or that an CC ability doesn't last that long. To achieve that you can use Corrupted Mods (and use lower rank versions of those) or skip a normal mod (Stretch, Continuity). 

Not maxing an ability mod is almost always negative. 

The only cases where it could be useful are pure movement abilities like Nova's Wormhole or Zephyr's Tailwind, but there are always solutions to those problems that appear with the range you might consider disadvantageous. Wormhole can be targeted at the floor or ceiling for example. Tail Wind can be canceled with an air attack which brings you to the ground very quickly.

Edited by sammo3242

I still use unranked undertow, freeze, fireball, rhinocharge, soul punch, mind control. For first ability you can use them for free and you still gain their utility. Most of them are still very usable as quick stun. Using the maxed one gonna cost you additional 2 point. It might doesn't sound much but it means 2 more rank you can put on the more important mod.