Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Mechanic Change

Handstamp

I like the blend warframe has between action shooter and dungeon crawler. It is possible to make conclaves an excellent fighting platform, but in current state is useless. Why? For there are few reasons.

First of all is power creep. Everything in warframe is geared to deal with the enemy, not self. Enemies deal damage that outscales own health. Players deal damage that outscales own health. Previously was non exist issue when upgrade trees existed, because these setups could be balanced for player versus player setting. However, reinstituting such a system just for player versus player is rubbish, over complicate. Weapons also have same issue, since the damage they do is geared for enemies. End result is one shot death hide and seek. It is first and foremost reason no large people amount play conclave: one person will have a soma.

My solution for this would be to eliminate weapon modification period for weapons and for warframes to an extent. Why? Not modified weapons balance very well against not modified warframes. I have done some testing with my two accounts on a private conclave game, and conclaves in those setting is actually somewhat fair. Yes, there are weapons that are clearly better than others even when not mod, but the difference is not overwhelming. Frames will be balanced with the use of level thirty durability and all abilities unlocked, but ONLY BASE LEVEL.

Now, how does this balance out? Very well actually. I said before that many weapons unmodified are clearly better than others. For example, Vasto to Lato. Also there are some very powerful weapons, such as Ogris and Penta and Gas Launcher. However, many of those come with drawbacks inherent to weapon, such as projectile speed, recoil, or accuracy. Monsters such as Soma or Dual Viper are not so scary without plethora mods normally associated are not terrible, but not great either. Even solid weapons, and argue ANY weapon suffers from best defense of all, mobility, which warframe has. From helicopter spinning from melee weapons (Now made easier thank you update 13 `u`) to slingshot from wallrunning, there are plenty of ways to dodge bullets. Not only that, warframes are not that weak either.

Warframe durability ranges from 450 to 900 combined bulk, not counting armour.

But if there is system like that, then fights will become chase hiding and seeking you might say right? Well, it would if the old system were in place.

First of all, I propose fights of more than just two people per side. It is because of the restraints that my previous rules made. First of all, no player, has the firepower to kill other warframe unless staring contest. It requires team synergy and use of abilities to properly kill a warframe. Because all abilities are at minimum level, none have the power to really kill a warframe in one shot. Abilities can however give the advantage needed for a team to eliminate a warframe or two and win the game.

Other balance changes of course need to be made in order for this to not be broken. First of all, energy.

Like I said, frames start with default energy, and they do not get efficiency or aura, which makes it very valuable. Health and ammunition not so much though, considering the large sizes of ammunition pools and how many abilities heal health. It means that warframes on death drop energy, making risk reward far greater and coordination nesscesary to win.

Lastly, the objective should not be kill everyone. It is not fun. Instead, players can respawn with very long loading times. What is fun is doing space ninja like things (which is even better when against ninja like things). I say that the objective to be destroy a generator owned by team (Like the sabotage reactor)

Of course, these are just my thoughts. Seeing how cero changes have been made to conclaves since introduction, player versus player is not a priority at all. However, I still think a revamp should be considered, because how much potential player versus player has. Many of the changes I have mentioned I ASSUME UNLESS GIVEN NOtICE can be easily changed under the npc entity system that evolution uses, especially drops and level/statistic hindrance.

Please pitch in with your own criticism or addendum, and sorry for my bad english.

Also please keep in mind this is my draft/idea from last June, before conclaves were introduced. I am sure there are many things that have changed that I do not aware of that make this concept unusable.

Edited by Handstamp

When did I say redo the game? From my perspective at least, only variables need to be modified in order for changes are ones that already exist, such as artifact module space and gun levelling. Only issue that could need to be redone is four player lock, as I think its hardcoded.

Did you even read full thing?