Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframe For New Player?

peteed1985

Question

I picked Excalibur thingo, played 3 missions, got 1 warframe slot and 4 weapon slots with the free platinum and then bought $20 in platinum and am wondering whats best to get?

Was thinking a better warframe before current one levels up too much if another might be a better one for a new player? Or what else?

Edited by peteed1985

22 answers to this question

#RhinoIsLove
#RhinoIsLove
#RhinoIsEternal

Get Rhino. He'll serve you well through the whole game, is easy to learn, noob-friendly, and when you get some Nightmare or Corrupted mods he can be a beast.

Don't buy anything besides slots/potatoes/cosmetics for Plat, though. It's not worth it and you can get everything else by playing.

Save your platinum, level excal to 30 before you sell him trust me you will thank me in the long run. Use him til mastery rank 2 and build rhino and potato him, you'll save like 300 plat which can keep you going a long time if your smart with it. Patience pays off a lot in this game

Edit: ninja'd lol but seriously listen to our wisdom!

Edited by (PS4)DA_HEFF_

#RhinoIsLove

#RhinoIsLove

#RhinoIsEternal

Get Rhino. He'll serve you well through the whole game, is easy to learn, noob-friendly, and when you get some Nightmare or Corrupted mods he can be a beast.

Don't buy anything besides slots/potatoes/cosmetics for Plat, though. It's not worth it and you can get everything else by playing.

Couldn't have said it better!

I'd recommend spending the platinum on warframe and weapon slots mostly - you can get the pieces for any warframe and craft it for credits down the line, and alerts are decent for getting orokin reactors for supercharging them.  The only thing you can't work at to get are those slots.

And, because the Mastery Rank system has you earn exp and level up by leveling your gear, maxing out everything you get your hands on and switching up regularly is encouraged.  So, keep at the Excalibur for the moment and maybe run the Jackal mission a bit to get all three parts of the Rhino on Venus and switch up to him once you have the credits to buy the blueprint and craft him.  ^_^

After Earth your options of where to go next in your equipment and frame choices opens up quite a bit, so he should see you through to your next change-up.

Is Rhino still mastery locked at 2 though?

Totally agree he is a great frame, almost makes the game too easy!

Also, agree with Angius, don't waste your plat buying stuff, most things are easy to build.

Get in a Clan and people will help you farm for stuff.

Not self promotion, but I'm in the Lone Rangers and you can solo or use clan chat to get help, no obligation either way (many clans are the same).

You can get all the frame parts in a few boss runs, and three days later you have saved yourself some plat.

IF you do want to buy a frame rather than wait, go for one of the 75 plat ones like Loki or Volt.

You get a slot and a potato, so basically the frame costs 35 plat.

Edit: Also yeah, keep using Excal he is a great starter frame, and you will need the XP to use Rhino later on.

Edited by Egg_Chen

1. What do you mean potatoes?

2. What do you mean by selling warframe? Like to other players

Gold Potato - Orokin Reactor
Blue Potato - Orokin Catalyst

Raw Potato - Orokin Cell

You can't sell Frames nor weapons to other players, you can, however, sell them for some credits to free the slot.

You need to level everything up to 30, because if you sell them earlier you'll lose Mastery (each weapon rank gives you 100 towards account Mastery, each Frame level gives you 200). Once you level up your stuff to 30, you won't get more mastery from it, even if you sell and rebuild it, or forma it.

also if you get your - let's say - Braton to level 20 and sell it, but you'll want to get the full mastery amount from leveling it, you won't get any Mastery from the first 20 levels, only from the remaining levels.

Ehh... Wiki says it better: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

1. What do you mean potatoes?

2. What do you mean by selling warframe? Like to other players?

Sorry potato is a term for an orokin reactor (for warframes) or catalyst (for weapons) they super charge whatever you put them on and grant you double the mod poins so you can put more mods on them.

You cant sell warframes to other players but you can sell them (I guess to the market? No one knows where the go) for credits if you need the slot for another frame

Vauban - expensive - but obtaining one ingame cant take months (since its alerts only). Took me like 4 months to get it.

Everything else can be farmed (necros/hydroid need some farming for boss keys).

Are you seriously suggesting vauban for a new player? Im sorry but I strongly disagree, hes an excellent frame but not for new players

Are you seriously suggesting vauban for a new player? Im sorry but I strongly disagree, hes an excellent frame but not for new players

This.

You need to learn how to play the "easy" frames first, so you'll avoid throwing Vortex in the corners of the map, or Bastilles near the spawnpoint.

And dying. Booben is rather a glass... Not really glass cannon, but definitely glass.

Edited by Angius

Save your platinum, level excal to 30 before you sell him trust me you will thank me in the long run. Use him til mastery rank 2 and build rhino and potato him, you'll save like 300 plat which can keep you going a long time if your smart with it. Patience pays off a lot in this game

Edit: ninja'd lol but seriously listen to our wisdom!

Excal is one of the top tier frames. Radial Blind is so good.

Him and zephyr, I see your point but were trying to discourage him from buying one as it is a bad investment

Nah, Zephyr isn't someone I'd waste plat on. She's easily obtainable. A day's worth of your time, no even less you'll be able to rack up the required oxium to build her and if you dont have the time then there's no need to rush. I can easily net 50 - 80 oxium on a 20 - 30 minute run. So it's easily achievable, just don't wear yourself out and if you seriously want to speed up the process. Spend 60 plat to get 600 oxium and then you'll be able to make her as well rather than buying her for full price.

And Vauban is definitely worth it to buy and he's not that hard to use or get used to, he's basically just bastille and vortex. A beginner would pick him up easily and may even grow to love him.

Excal is one of the top tier frames. Radial Blind is so good.

I agree but he wanted a different frame

Nah, Zephyr isn't someone I'd waste plat on. She's easily obtainable. A day's worth of your time, no even less you'll be able to rack up the required oxium to build her and if you dont have the time then there's no need to rush. I can easily net 50 - 80 oxium on a 20 - 30 minute run. So it's easily achievable, just don't wear yourself out and if you seriously want to speed up the process. Spend 60 plat to get 600 oxium and then you'll be able to make her as well rather than buying her for full price.

And Vauban is definitely worth it to buy and he's not that hard to use or get used to, he's basically just bastille and vortex. A beginner would pick him up easily and may even grow to love him.

We still cant buy oxium so I forgot that pc could and its a lot easier to farm on pc, its about 30 oxium for a 30 minute run in mimas and also we dont know if hes in a clan or not. On vauban im still gonna have to disagree with it being good for someone new but thats my opinion, theres no wright or wrong in his choice but imo rhino is much easier to use and will get him through all the planets easier

Guys, you forgot the MOST important question...what do you like to do? Do you like to deal major damage? Are you a supporter? Do you like tanking? Do you like to be utilitarian (using abilities to help out the team with things like finishing missions faster)?

It all depends on your playstyle.

Do you like to deal major damage?

Rhino (Roar, Stomp)

Are you a supporter?

Rhino.

Roar boosts team damage

Stomp applies stasis

IS helps you revive downed teammates

Do you like tanking?

Iron Skin

Do you like to be utilitarian (using abilities to help out the team with things like finishing missions faster)?

Roar + Stomp + IS

Well i'm the kinda guy who dies alot in games on easy cause I just try and stand there and shoot em in the face. So yeah was after a durable waframe I guess that did pretty good dmg :) sounds like rhino.

Should I also buy one of these gold potatoes on the platinum shop for the excalibur or no?

Also i'm done with all the mercury missions now afaik but I don't know what they mean by suggested levels for missions. Venus says 3 to 5 but whats that? Average level of my weapons and warframe? Mastery level? Something else? Cause even though I have never done a skill challenge before it still says I can't do another for about 12 hours so if its mastery thats 2 or 3 days wait till venus.

Well i'm the kinda guy who dies alot in games on easy cause I just try and stand there and shoot em in the face. So yeah was after a durable waframe I guess that did pretty good dmg :) sounds like rhino.

Should I also buy one of these gold potatoes on the platinum shop for the excalibur or no?

Also i'm done with all the mercury missions now afaik but I don't know what they mean by suggested levels for missions. Venus says 3 to 5 but whats that? Average level of my weapons and warframe? Mastery level? Something else? Cause even though I have never done a skill challenge before it still says I can't do another for about 12 hours so if its mastery thats 2 or 3 days wait till venus.

Buy a potato for your Rhino - it'll be your main for some time.

Slap a potato on your Cal only if you like him. Or if you'll have a spare one.

Mission levels are just enemy levels (it's true for all of the mission types excluding Defence and Survival - enemy level in there grows potentially infinite)

Buy a potato for your Rhino - it'll be your main for some time.

Slap a potato on your Cal only if you like him. Or if you'll have a spare one.

Mission levels are just enemy levels (it's true for all of the mission types excluding Defence and Survival - enemy level in there grows potentially infinite)

Ok and how do I know if I can handle those level enemies? I mean without joining a group and letting the team down that is.
Edited by peteed1985

Get an Excalibur Prime.... Oh wait, that's right, it's exclusive. 

Sorry about that, just love my Excalibur Prime.

On a more serious note:

Ash and Rhino are the premier solo frames.

People will love you if you bring Nekros, Nyx, Nova, Frost or Vauban though.

*If I had to pick, Nyx and Nekros would be the most usable warframes you could continue to use throughout the game.

However, if you like soloing/boring frames, Rhino is for you.

Make sure to spam the number 2 and 4 buttons,

Ariarch