Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Corpus Reinforcements] Sgt. Nef Anyo - Boss Redesign

Krion112

Well, as mentioned in Devstream #27, they said J3-Golem was being remade, and that they didn't know who was going to be getting the next remake. I thought it should be Nef Anyo, given the Corpus need some love and Nef Anyo is the earliest boss who hasn't been redone and/or doesn't have a unique design in the first place.

Nef Anyo's Appearance:

Nef Anyo would be reduced in size; he'd stand slightly taller than a standard crewman on his own feet. However, his suit would be augmented with robotic parts, making his overall size larger than a normal crewman. He'd still pack his Lanka as his main weapon.

Additional Combatants:

In the new battle with Nef Anyo, during the first two phases, he would not fight you directly, rather he would skulk about in the shadows and take shots at you with his Lanka. Instead, the main fight would be against his supporting robotics, two modified Tarantula models (link for reference: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/221032-corpus-reinforcements-tarantula-heavy-robotic/)

Phases:

During the first Phase, Nef Anyo would be invisible and the first Tarantula, Arraxus, would be deployed. Arraxus would be heavily armored, have a plasma repeater faster than a Supra, and be devastating in close combat. It would be colored a dark red with gold plating to outline its main body and its front legs. Nef himself would use his invisibility to travel to various vantage points in the new arena tile, and become visible only when ready to snipe you with his rifle. However, while he opens fire on you this way, Arraxus will be hot on your trail attempting to tear you to shreds. In this form, Nef Anyo is invulnerable, but Arraxus is not. Destroying Arraxus ends the first phase

The Second Phase causes the second Tarantula to deploy, named Mygalo. It would arrive by bursting through the floor, and open fire with a couple shots from a penta-like grenade thrower, similar to Lobber Tarantulas (from my concept). It would be mainly black in color with red outline plating. Nef continues doing his sniping attacks, but the Mygalo Tarantula acts more on stealth and hit and run tactics. If a Tenno attempts to get too close, the Mygalo will burrow, and burst out elsewhere to engage with its grenade launcher. At 1/3 health, it would engage a stealth device and strike with powerful melee blows. Destroying the Mygalo ends the second phase.

Finally, with his two military-grade robotics destroyed, Nef Anyo decloaks and engages a powerful shield. In this phase, he's finally vulnerable. Dropping into the remains of the fight, he will engage with multiple attacks. First, he will overcharge his lanka, causing a hit-scan attack that can deal extensive impact and electrical damage. His second attack is a Lecta for close combat. Third, he has shockwave grenades, which he throws like plasma grenades but cause a knockdown shockwave instead of an explosion. Finally, he has a swarm missile attack similar to the Jackal's. 

His tough exo-suit prevents knockdown and ragdolling effects.

Though superior in maneuverability than the Arraxus and possessing a togglable cloak like the Mygalo, he still lacks the strength to hold up against too much punishment. Of course, defeating Nef Anyo completes the mission.

So, that's the idea, feedback is always appreciated.

Holy sweet RNGesus. I would love this. I honestly hate fighting Nef Anyo unless I am in some dire need to sell blueprints for some quick &#! cash. He's just too easy. And those tarantula things sound scary as all hell combined with nightmares. Please do this, DE. It would be much appreciated.

Now's your chance to pitch the idea. They're having the enemy design contest, so I would recommend a quick ctrl+c ctrl+v into the forum post and make this battle an actual thing...

There's two problems:

One, Nef Anyo's a boss, and they're only accepting standard, everyday encountered enemies.

Two, the Corpus enemy idea forum isn't open yet; it opens a little bit after the Infestation one closes though.

Though, when the Corpus forum opens, I'll throw my idea for the Tarantula in there.