The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Saryn Getting An Overhaul Anytime Soon?

Kurochikun

Out of all the warframes I've played Saryn is the least satasfying.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's not that she isn't strong or anything it's just that her abilities are...well.. wonky... Trinity and Valkyr are the same but not quiet as bad as Saryn.

Trinity's issues, the least of the three, is simply being a warframe about healing yet it goes about it in awkward ways. Why wouldn't she just make healing areas while giving a brief knockback to nearby enemies?

Valkyr, yeah she is pretty bad... capable of continously knocking enemies around at the cost of depleting her shield, then she can stealth kill stunned enemies. Problem is the stealth animation takes too long, it would be faster to just use melee on the enemy a few times. Then you got that whip that is nearly useless unless it's a single heavy enemy or just for mobility. You got that buff which just isn't that useful... and lastly you got that 4th with awkward animations...

But then you got Saryn... Her problem is proportions... Her 1st is cool, but it leaves the player exposed, does crappy damage, especially high levels, leaves her exposed to cast AND to shoot the spores which leads to the following:
-Other players kill the target...
-You have a shotgun yet you miss the spores... somehow...
- Enemy runs away and dies somewhere in a corner.

And all that time I'm wondering.. why didn't I just shoot him or why does hydroid do nearly the same thing with much better results?

Can't complain about molt, it's alright...

Then you got her 3rd, contagion... simply adds toxic to the weapon, doesn't even stack, for such a "high" cost why even bother cuz I got 4th...

With her 4th skill I can wipe the entire screen... so why would I even bother using any of her other abilities?

There are other warframes that need some tweaking, like Ash, (looking at you Shuriken) but these 3 are completely a mess... Trinity is over-complicated, Valkyr being weird with self-harm and immunity... and Saryn which is disproportionate.

Wow what... your views on Trin and Valk...

Valk seems much more useful now with melee 2.0. I don't see how that Warcry is "useless", the thing gives you a brutal melee boost. Ripline = good mobility. Hysteria has ankward animations but can still rip enemies specially with a fast melee equipped and the Warcry speed boost, and now has vampirism... The least I use is the Paralysis but well. I had Valkyr forgotten for a long time until m2.0 came out, now I take her for some fun runs.

About Saryn, yes she definitely needs a revamp. With melee 2.0 contagion feels like a wasted slot. Looking forward for this.

Wow what... your views on Trin and Valk...

Valk seems much more useful now with melee 2.0. I don't see how that Warcry is "useless", the thing gives you a brutal melee boost. Ripline = good mobility. Hysteria has ankward animations but can still rip enemies specially with a fast melee equipped and the Warcry speed boost, and now has vampirism... The least I use is the Paralysis but well. I had Valkyr forgotten for a long time until m2.0 came out, now I take her for some fun runs.

About Saryn, yes she definitely needs a revamp. With melee 2.0 contagion feels like a wasted slot. Looking forward for this.

Eh, I still think she is wonky. Yeah a melee boost if you got a team that uses melee, otherwise it's just you, totally not worth the energy. As I said, it's not about being strong, it's about being awkard and she is definently awkward.