The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Top Weapon In The Game Atm?

ss4chris

I'm not actually. Sure it's damage isn't on par with something like the Dakra, it does pretty well since Melee 2.0 came out. Better than many of the other swords in my opinion. 

def not........ still the weakness

No kidding.

Since this is an opinion thread, I shall contribute.

My primary of choice, is the soma. I swap a few different configurations around to get the desired effect depending on the mission. My favorite though, is snapping in a Shred mod. Of course, this lowers the damage, but allows me to kill a row of enemies with a single round. I find this to greatly increase my enjoyment...as well as take care of the annoying grineer shieldbearers.

The soma seems to be the obvious choice, but I don't think Boltor Prime fits in the top 3. Maybe a pre-concieved notion that because it is prime it has to be better?

Either way, I'm just waiting for the soma prime, or better, the tenno gatling gun. Which I just picture as five somas melded togethere with a shared trigger.

Boltor prime is definitely in top 3. Soma might have higher dps if you can deal constant headshot, which heavy caliber makes sure you cant, and boltor prime's base dps without crit is higher, more stable (because soma crit isnt %100) and also possibility of using 4 elementals give your damage more potential dps if you count enemy weakness. That can be radiation viral, magnetic toxic, corrosive + blast/ heat/ cold, and it is also more ammo efficient. So yeah boltor prime is easily on par with soma. Edited by Cemges

top weapon in the game really depends on what your doing there are 5 weapons that compete for that title in different situations

brakk of course is still the highest damage output per second it blows everything out of the water 

1- Orthos Prime: best all around, great damage/range/speed/jump _ but no coptering

2- Dragon Nikana: speed, stronger that orthos _ but low range/jump and bad coptering

3- Dakra Prime: extreme damage, average range _ but low speed

what needs to be done:

give +25% damage boost to dual swords

give +25% speed boost to dual daggers

alternative type of damage for a lot of weapons

get rid of "channeling efficiency malus" on mods

double the "damage bonus" of channeling mods

Primary = Paris prime, I m dealing 100% 180-230k crits per shot.

More like 18-23k I guess.

I see no point in using any single target weapon as primary. They just deal less damage than top damage secondary. Ogris, Penta or probably Amprex (haven't tried it yet though) on missions other than defence or survival. If I bring primary weapon to the mission it is most likely to be Ogris. Even 12k damage x 10 monsters each second easily beats everything else.

I use Akboltos as my secondary as single target sniping weapon. Sure Stug and Brakk deal more damage, but they are much less convenient to use at range. And still Akbolto have slightly higher dps than even Boltor prime.

Melee: still orthos prime all day, most of the time I don't even bring other weapons.

Orthos prime is second after Dragon Nikana by damage with normal hit. Yet it is much faster, has easier combo and slide attack has more range.

If you are planning to use mostly slide attacks: Nami Skyla, however unlike Orthos prime or Dragon Nikana, launches you forward too fast and aoe is quite small, so it might be hard to hit a target.

I am looking forward to try Dual Ichors. I was a fan of Orthos charge build before melee 2.0 and didn't even pay attention to normal attack weapons. It might be that Dual Ichors are really best melee now thanks to crits. Yet I would recommend to use them with Valkyr because crit chance is far from 100% and you want that melee attack speed buff for stable dps.

Are u sure u are paris prime user or do u even know how to mod the bow?

I have never used paris prime, but I tried Dread as demo version. It has quite similar stats, but slightly slower. If I have found the weapon effective I would use a build like this (against corpus): http://goo.gl/dNkYzA (Dread), http://goo.gl/yDucjW (Paris Prime)

If multishot procs you will deal around 14k damage.

180-230k.. Always aiming for headshots or/and using Banshee's ability? And pretending all the damage dealt is multiplied by 1.75, because enemy is vulnerable to selected element (implying all the damage actually converts to desired element)? It's obviously not just the weapon build.