Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What The Hell

sedy25

Got stuck on 59% for a while, rushed to 100%, no errors found.

Then the only thing I can recommend is the rest of my previous post, especially the driver part (since on msdn it could also be triggered by bad driver). Hopefully it will fix it...

Then the only thing I can recommend is the rest of my previous post, especially the driver part (since on msdn it could also be triggered by bad driver). Hopefully it will fix it...

Not gonna lie, if I had all drivers up to date etc. and I had still problems like that, I'd burn it all down and start from scratch.

Edited by Gelkor

Not gonna lie, if I had all drivers up to date etc. and I had still problems like that, I'd burn it all down and start from scratch.

Ouch. I'd rather go tinkering with it to its last breath, as long as it still working.

Ouch. I'd rather go tinkering with it to its last breath, as long as it still working.

Granted, I've only ever had to do that once, and it turned out my HD was going bad.  Hopefully he just needs to update drivers/windows and fix his registry. 

Granted, I've only ever had to do that once, and it turned out my HD was going bad.  Hopefully he just needs to update drivers/windows and fix his registry. 

Yup. Crashed HDD is painful, but not as painful as fried motherboard.

For frosty, you should regularly check your disk, just in case you HDD going bad. If there's an error on it, run chkdsk on it. If it can't be fixed, prepare to backup your data and get a spare HDD one quickly. It was oftenly neglected, but if you missed it could be fatal to your system.