Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Mining Chasm Concept Fan-Sketch

Notso

Drew this while brainstorming possible ideas for a new Grineer tileset.

tLXJPH8.jpg

[ignore the maths in the top right, sketched this when I got bored with some homework]

Some more concept-y concept art, demonstrates the basic idea of using parkour to get from one side of the chasm to the other. I had no idea what a Grineerian building might look like, so I took a few cues from the rounded shapes of the doors in the asteroid tileset, and from the spherical nature of the Grineer's armour.

kpT07Nz.jpg

Edited by Notso

I would like to see this as an outdoor-area, without an atmossphere on one of the mining-asteroids of the Grineer. I was kind of disappointed when Lotus referred to everything as "ship", but you are actually on a planet with an atmossphere on the Corpus mining planets. I want to be underneath an awesome space-"sky" with stars etc. instead of a boring blue one. The whole area would be outside of the asteroid (like open-cast mining) and you would suffocate slowly, so you would've to complete this "parkour" in time (otherwise it's no challenge, since there is no penalty for falling down). There would be airlocks on all entrances and exits of this area and you should be able to complete it with 100 shield if doing it perfectly, otherwise you will lose some health for being slow or need a better shield (which virtually everyone will have anyway with the passive bonus).

Edited by Marijan

Why is there a balloon? I mean the Grineer's technology isn't on the level on the Orokin era, but they are advanced enough to use something else than primitive balloons. The architecture doesn't fit the practical and crude design of the interior (looks more like Tatooine from Star Wars) and there is no reason for them to build real buildings on one of those mining asteroids, since they are digging inside of it anyway.

Why is there a balloon? I mean the Grineer's technology isn't on the level on the Orokin era, but they are advanced enough to use something else than primitive balloons.

I know it looks like baloon :< It wasn't meant to, it's supposed to be a building built into the underside of an overhanging piece of rock. Realise, please, that this is the first time I've picked up my pencil to draw art in years.

The architecture doesn't fit the practical and crude design of the interior (looks more like Tatooine from Star Wars) and there is no reason for them to build real buildings on one of those mining asteroids, since they are digging inside of it anyway.

How do we know what function these buildings have? Maybe they're storage buildings? Maybe these buildings are to seal up gas leaks? Also, all digs start on the surface, even if they end up inside. Oh, and it's a planet, not an asteroid. Maybe their workers live on-site, and these are their living quarters?

Anyway, I didn't draw this for you to critisize my cencept-drawing skills, I drew it in an hour and half before I went to bed, more to illustrate the concept better than to try and make an actual suggestion of exactly what Grineerian architecture might look like. If I had a full working day to spend on theorycrafting the look of the buildings, then transposing them into this set-piece, sure, I could come up with something better. But I'm not a paid concept artist for DE, so is it really such a bad thing?

I didn't say it's bad. I asked why there is something that looks like a balloon and said that the architecture is different from what everything else looks like and therefore doesn't really fit the Grineer. Didn't lose a word about your drawing skills, but wasn't this thread supposed to be about an actual tileset suggestion? ... and I tileset should fit to the other tiles, shouldn't it?

I like to keep thinking that it's an asteroid close to the planet, because it isn't clarified. You are in let's say the "region" "Earth" for example, but that doesn't mean you're on the actual planet, which wouldn't make sense if you look out of the window and don't see an atmossphere of any kind ... Lotus refers to everything as "ship" currently anyway, which proves that at least "ships" nearby the chosen planet are locations for missions as well. If you want this to be on the actual planet, you couldn't use it on a majority of them (Uranus for example consists mainly of gas), since they look completely different. My theory of asteroids on the other hand kind of explains that lack of diversity in tile sets.