Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De,we Really Need Those Weapons That Are Not Available Anymore!

Coach-Aprax

The deal with the Snipetron was that it was a Corpus weapon that shot bullets. Given that all the other Corpus weapons used lasers or plasma, it didn't really make any sense.

It was instead replaced by the Lanka, which uses the same model and functions more or less as a railgun (deals pure electric damage rather than any physical damage).

Oh yeah, because DE really gives much though into what the weapons shoot... It's not like their ammo system is not completely insane with a 540 rocket Ogris sitting in the same class as a 540 shot Gorgon.. Don't give them that much credit.

torid looked like a green Ogris.

it was a well needed change to make it look more like an infested weapon than a grineer weapon

no it actually looked better before,  it was a "heavy weapon", seemed to be of grineer design which made sense since the ones that "use technology as a crutch for their genetic deterioration" have to be working with bio-engineers, now it looks like a crooked rifle, if anything they should had based their new model on Penta as they're both grenade launchers

Why is it even relevant that "no one was using it" in the first place? This isn't a supermarket, stuff isn't going bad on shelves and taking up space that can be used by other things. It's digital stuff in a virtual space... there's no reason to remove things just because they're unpopular. 

Why is it even relevant that "no one was using it" in the first place? This isn't a supermarket, stuff isn't going bad on shelves and taking up space that can be used by other things. It's digital stuff in a virtual space... there's no reason to remove things just because they're unpopular. 

Absolutely, and more than that, it's imperative - especially considering that this is still a beta - for unpopular items to be updated and modified, not removed.

See also: Broken Lights. Why can't they follow that model? Hell, I hate arc traps even more.

actually a "Railgun" or "Gauss Rifle" would be hit scan since they're among the fastest weapons known to man, and do piercing / impact most of it done by the slipstream rather than the direct shot, if we go by your logic most CORPUS weapons make no sense at all since they're are electrical and work best on CORPUS, why the hell would you develop weapons that work against your troops instead of your enemies the Grineer or Infested.

Laser would be even faster than that, so the closest explanation for Corpus energy bolts i can imagine would be perhaps magnetically impulsed plasma but that would had to be heat or radiation.

so we screwed up logic from the start.

This is actually incorrect. All of the railguns and Gause Rifles in Sci-Fi are generally super high-powered weapons but there's no requirement that the projectile be accelerated to absurd speeds by one of these things. You can make a Gause Gun or Rail-gun in your garage but it will only spit a piece of aluminum foil a few meters, or a few dozen if you really go all out. There's nothing saying a hand-held Gause Gun or Railgun would need to fire things at above-mach ratings.

Never-mind that whether or not a weapon is hit-scan or not is pretty much purely a balance choice on DE's part that's completely unrelated to physics.

You're also assuming a solid slug as opposed to whatever makes the thing deal electical damage (probably a modified projectile that's charged by the magnetic firing mechanism).

It wasn't the fact of what it looks like, it was that it shot bullets.

Corpus use plasma/lasers.

SOOOOO... Change the snipertron to fire a laser beam(hit-scan, but it leaves a trail determined by the energy color), and its loks. Is your problem solved now?

Aaaaand I get XP towards rank 30 gear for the umpteenth day in a row. I've lost count by now. I don't even see credits or void keys anymore.

Just to know that I can "technically" actually get the Gorgon but have it denied to me like this is excruciating. It's looked like such an awesome weapon since I first saw it in the hands of a heavy gunner more than a year ago.

Now I know it's not, it's completely outclassed by several other weapons, and that just makes it worse.

This is actually incorrect. All of the railguns and Gause Rifles in Sci-Fi are generally super high-powered weapons but there's no requirement that the projectile be accelerated to absurd speeds by one of these things. You can make a Gause Gun or Rail-gun in your garage but it will only spit a piece of aluminum foil a few meters, or a few dozen if you really go all out. There's nothing saying a hand-held Gause Gun or Railgun would need to fire things at above-mach ratings.

Never-mind that whether or not a weapon is hit-scan or not is pretty much purely a balance choice on DE's part that's completely unrelated to physics.

You're also assuming a solid slug as opposed to whatever makes the thing deal electical damage (probably a modified projectile that's charged by the magnetic firing mechanism).

i'm not referring to sci-fi railguns but the actual ones already build, and even if i had the problem would still be ballistics.

even if you could build a single cycle coilgun on your garage that shots with the power of an air gun, were talking about a sniper rifle, which means it has to have a decent range (and be able to deliver shots in a somewhat flat trajectory in that range) and it would need the power to inflict damage on targets at that range.  The damage you can increase with bigger or special ammo true, but the range and trajectory can only be accomplished with a higher muzzle speed, even if you used heavy shells to increase damage as opposed of the traditional approach of using match speeds you still need to push that bullet, thus a sniper rifle would forcibly get a much lower flight time than any other gun which in this game means hit scan.

P.D.: don't get me wrong i love Lanka, but think that the argument for Snipetron removal was unjustified.

as bonus a real military grade railgun being tested

Aaaaand I get XP towards rank 30 gear for the umpteenth day in a row. I've lost count by now. I don't even see credits or void keys anymore.

Just to know that I can "technically" actually get the Gorgon but have it denied to me like this is excruciating. It's looked like such an awesome weapon since I first saw it in the hands of a heavy gunner more than a year ago.

Now I know it's not, it's completely outclassed by several other weapons, and that just makes it worse.

Gorgon is still a good weapon an from my point of view has Several advantages over Supra, sure there's a few weapon borderline OP but the way the game is you can do all game content with any weapon you like as long as you mod it well.

i constantly use the Flux Rifle and the Mitter just cause they are fun and while both are at the bottom end of the DPS scale i have no problem getting top damage with them.

so the bottom line is use what you like.

Edited by Edgedemon

Gorgon is still a good weapon an from my point of view has Several advantages over Supra, sure there's a few weapon borderline OP but the way the game is you can do all game content with any weapon you like as long as you mod it well.

i constantly use the Flux Rifle and the Mitter just cause they are fun and while both are at the bottom end of the DPS scale i have no problem getting top damage with them.

so the bottom line is use what you like.

Oh I have full intentions to use the Gorgon once I get it. I'm gonna forma the hell out of it and make it as good as it can be.

But nothing changes the fact that Gorgon Wraith is just a better Gorgon, or that Soma is what it is.

i'm not referring to sci-fi railguns but the actual ones already build, and even if i had the problem would still be ballistics.

even if you could build a single cycle coilgun on your garage that shots with the power of an air gun, were talking about a sniper rifle, which means it has to have a decent range (and be able to deliver shots in a somewhat flat trajectory in that range) and it would need the power to inflict damage on targets at that range.  The damage you can increase with bigger or special ammo true, but the range and trajectory can only be accomplished with a higher muzzle speed, even if you used heavy shells to increase damage as opposed of the traditional approach of using match speeds you still need to push that bullet, thus a sniper rifle would forcibly get a much lower flight time than any other gun which in this game means hit scan.

P.D.: don't get me wrong i love Lanka, but think that the argument for Snipetron removal was unjustified.

as bonus a real military grade railgun being tested

Yeah, and if you have a railgun big enough that you need to mount it on a ship you can do that. For something man-portable you're not going to be looking at effects like that.

Anyways, all of that stuff about "this is a sniper rifle" well, yeah, so? DE made them not hit-scan weapons for balance reasons, the Lanka still does a ton of damage and has a base penetration of 5. It's a good weapon if you use it right.

The argument for the removal of the Snipetron was that it doesn't fit the Corpus theme (which is correct from my perspective) and determined entirely by DE anyways.