Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mk1 Braton > Braton > ?

peteed1985

Question

10 answers to this question

If you want to keep with the generic Assault Rifle feel (or go for the classic 30-round AR), then Karak is a pretty good rifle, about on par with the Braton Prime.

I'd recommend you try out some more specialized weapons, though. Go for a shotgun such as the Strun, or a bow such as the Paris. Try a bunch of different weapon types out and see if anything especially tickles your fancy.

The difference between the two is mainly the fire-rate, which is lower on the Mk1 Braton. It makes it easier to fire, both in terms of accuracy and recoil, and it has better ammo efficiency (harder to run dry).

I do not think you went "noob" though. We have all been there. 

If you want to keep with the generic Assault Rifle feel (or go for the classic 30-round AR), then Karak is a pretty good rifle, about on par with the Braton Prime.

I'd recommend you try out some more specialized weapons, though. Go for a shotgun such as the Strun, or a bow such as the Paris. Try a bunch of different weapon types out and see if anything especially tickles your fancy.

This. I used to have a thing for snipers and bows, until I discovered the Latron prime and Cestra. Turns out I'm a bad shot! The spray-and-pray Cestras or nice, controlled high fire rate of the Latron Prime are much better for me.

To be honest, i am a vet that has been playing over a year and i have used all the guns in warframe and i love the braton's more so then any other weapon.

They actually look like assault rifles and are gas operated, if you potato and forma them 5/6 times they will do very well with T3 enemies at high levels.

output_n8MGE5_zps7033efd7.gif

Edited by 911nsidejob

So following advice on the new player guides I got a braton to replace the starter gun. Curious where I as a noob go next?

Anywhere you want. The core of the game is the mastery system, so you will eventually want to get and level everything.

Just remember:

1) You have limited slots unfortunately, so consider looking into earning plat for expanded space, and don't trap yourself by ending up with a bunch of weapons you're not ready to sell because they're not 30 yet.

2) MODS are the power progression. We have some crazy OP guns right now but no one reasonably expects balance to remain so... out of balance... keep it in the back of your mind that the goal is to get all the core mods and rank them to max, or at least 6-7 if they have tons of ranks.

I like the Karak or Grakata for starter rifles, and working your way towards the Akbolto for pistols (they're very expensive, but the first top-tier weapon you have access to)

Seer from Vor isn't bad, nor is the Strun shotgun, but they don't fit my playstyle.