The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Balance Changes + New Ability

MindlesMagician

I have an idea for Volt about a new ability that he could use,I came up with this idea when i played with someone who was using Vauban.

The idea i have is to change Vauban's tesla to a normal grenade that can be changed like zephyr's tornado where you can shoot it to make it deal a different damage type (E.G magnetic or radiation) The grenade will still stick to things the way it does now but instead of dealing electrical damage it just explodes (will deal extra damage if it has been altered with a damage type) after a short period of time. 

Now that Vauban has a normal grenade we can give the tesla ability to Volt.The reason i want Volt to have this power is to help improve his other powers, allowing it to help improve Volts other powers could make him overall a much better frame capable of doing a lot more than he can now.  

Shock

If you lay down a tesla you can aim at the tesla to shock it and charge it up.This will mean that you can use tesla as a trap like normal but you can use shock to amplify it's effects and make it stronger.I also think that if you place a few tesla down near each other about 3-5 , say you place one down just in front of you then one further in front of you and one behind you. If you then used shock on one of them it could arc across these placed teslas and each time it gets to a tesla it picks up thatelectrical energy and gets stronger dealing more damage.

Electric Shield

I'm not sure about how tesla could work with this power but i guess if you put down a shield you could fire a tesla near it and damage going through the shield could get a little bit more electrical damage maybe it could also widen the shield and curve it around to make it more protective if you place the 2 teslas just a little bit behind the shield at each edge.

Overload

I think this power could be great for Volt's overload as well because overload effects lights and other electrical sources making them explode and deal damage.When there are tesla(s) out they could be affected by this power and explode and deal damage this would make the power overall better in enclosed spaces with electrical sources and it could also help the power be used in areas where there aren't many electrical sources.

I only have basic ideas right now i don't have details on how it would buff the other powers damage per rank of the mod or how it would be affected by mods.I do imagine that a higher rank tesla will give an increased effect to the other powers and that using power strength mods would also increase the buff. Please feel free to comment on what you think and tell me any changes or ideas you have about this.

Edited by MindlesMagician

Just no. Speed is one of the main reason why people use Volt, fool. If it got removed, pretty much nobody would use Voltso id speed is removed then he is useless 

so if speed is gone then he is useless.The whole point of this is to give him a power that can help him so he is a little more viable without using speed and i have no idea what you are talking about speed isn't the only thing he is good for.

Electric damage in general needs a buff, it's not that volt is underpowered its just his damage type is very underpowered. Electric damage only does bonus to robots, while cold does bonus to shields and magnetic a huge bonus to shields, while both magnetic and electric have the same negative to Grineer and no bonuses to infested (which actually makes him pretty good at killing infested for some reason).

Armor also scales really badly for electric damage, I use a max power strength build on volt and using overload on grineer when they are around level 30 will get me 40 damage a tick..... (144% power strength onto his skills with every buffing mod and the helmet). It only gets worse as they get more armor and health.

Electric damage first needs to be either looked at or buffed before we change volt's skills.