Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Trouble

Catman1

I am having a lot of trouble using the Tigris against equal level enemies. I know that they have buffed the damage a few times and I know how to only fire one barrel at a time, but it is still just difficult to use. The fact that can only kill 2 enemies at most before having to reload makes fighting any kind of mob or group of enemies difficult. So Tigris can be useful for exterminate missions because there aren't that many mobs. So does anybody have any mod suggestions? Is there a shotgun mod that increases bullet penetration? Because Tigris has a tight spread and fires a lot of pellets so if there was a way to increase the punch through effect, it could make it usable against groups and mobs. So anyone have any advice?

Seeking Force provides additional Punch Through for shotguns.

When looking to build a shotgun I'd say the mandatory mods are:

Seeking Force - 2.1m Punch Through

Hell's Chamber - 120% Multishot

Blaze - 60% Damage and 60% Fire Damage

Point Blank - 90% Damage

Tactical Pump - 30% Reload

With the rest being elemental mods to taste (Vicious Spread (90% Damage with downside of 60% more spread) is also a valid option depending on the range you're using it at)

OOh i had trouble too at first with the tigris, no problem at all if you have an excal with rad blind and a duration setting, or, you could just spam quick melee and use the tigris to finish em off :3 thats what i did and it wuz super easy to level up, but then again this was before melee 2.0

Godspeed :D

I am having a lot of trouble using the Tigris against equal level enemies. I know that they have buffed the damage a few times and I know how to only fire one barrel at a time, but it is still just difficult to use. The fact that can only kill 2 enemies at most before having to reload makes fighting any kind of mob or group of enemies difficult. So Tigris can be useful for exterminate missions because there aren't that many mobs. So does anybody have any mod suggestions? Is there a shotgun mod that increases bullet penetration? Because Tigris has a tight spread and fires a lot of pellets so if there was a way to increase the punch through effect, it could make it usable against groups and mobs. So anyone have any advice?

http://warframe-builder.com/

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Get it up to 90% total bonus magazine size for a total of 4 rounds before reload.

Hells Chamber

Vicious Spread

Shotgun Spazz

Those are just a few of the more common used mods, rest is your call. Good luck in the build, it's a nice shotty once you play it for awhile.

The problem with the Tigris is that is is designed (primarily slash damage) to be used against the faction (Infested; hoard enemy, many weaker targets) which it is absolutely least suited to. I'm not sure why they made the Tigris the "slash damage shotgun" but I'd really like to see them revisit that decision because it is a neat weapon.

Tigris is a great weapon for cutting Grineer and Corpus into 3-4 chunks. Just make sure to add appropriate elemental combo. Vicious Spread is really good on it too as it allows you to kill several enemies standing nearby. Also, it applies status like crazy if you have event mods. On a side note I believe I had to forma it 3 times before I could reasonably fill every slot.

I use the Tigris as my main weapon.

I mod it as follows:

Core Mods:Mods I always have on it
Blaze(Max)
Point Blank(Max)
Hells Chamber(Max)
Seeking Force(Max)

Tactical Pump(Max)

Grineer Mods:Mods in addition to the core mods when fighting Grineer
Charged Shell(Max)
Incendiary Coat(Max)
Shell Shock(Max)

We're going for radiation damage here

Corpus Mods:Mods in addition to the core mods when fighting Corpus
Chilling Grasp(Max)
Charged Shell(Max)
Shell Shock(Max)

Magnetic damage. You'll have to shuffle the blaze to the end so that the mods combine right

Orokin Mods:You get it
Charged Shell(Max)
Shell Shock(Max)
Toxic Barrage(Max) //I don't have Contagious Spread. It would probably be a better choice

Corrosive damage. Once again, blaze needs to be moved to the back.

Pro Tips

1. Position your shots so that the pierce multiple enemies.

2. I reload a lot and if I can't find an enemy to put the second shell in almost immediately, I just reload.
3. I didn't like it until I potatoed it and put all of those mods on it. Before that I wasn't particularly happy with it.

4. It isn't a rifle. You're going to have to engage enemies are medium to close range. Damage dropoff is ridiculous and you're even slightly out of range, your pellets are basically cotton candy.

5. This doesn't damage like a rifle. If you're good you can kill lots of creeps really fast, but it doesn't have the sustained DPS of riles and such, so I tend to just focus down little creeps and heavies near me(close range) and leave everything else to other members of your cell. I typically tie or kill the most enemies, but I rarely have anywhere near the most damage because I just don't kill heavies all that much.
6. Close range is no fun. Pick a tough frame if you use a shotgun. You get hit a lot. I use Zephyr because she can close distance very quickly, her health and shields, and because turbulence is a really good damage mitigation ability.