The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To De: Valkyr Changes, Suggestions And Current Bugs.

Vanhline

first:

so the changes mentioned in the last devstream even if only aspirational sound pretty epic and im really looking forward to it. really hoping that you guys play up an animalistic nature in her animations. (sprinting on all fours would be epic)

second:

im not sure what happened in melee2.0 that effected her damage output in hysteria but this needs to be addressed. against infested my hits would go as high as 40k when striking a weak-point and now i struggle to break 10k. there was a HUGE loss in damage output when none of the changes dropped in melee2.0 should have effected this. so, it seems either deliberate or a bug and needs to be changed back/addressed. in its current state hysteria isnt even worth having equipped. just use life strike, rage, and steel fiber and youll never "need" hysteria.

third:

even after adding an awesome animation set and fixing her damage output there is still a huge issue that popped up with melee2.0 on another one of her abilities: warcry.

warcry effecting speed was epic back when all your damage with melee was just done by spamming the quick attack key. but now, you have most of the damage potential wrapped up in this new awesome combo system and it does not synergyse AT ALL with warcry. 

now; warcry outright kills half the combos in the game, just cant use them at all wile its going. and the attack speed gain does not make up for the loss of those combos. so in its current state it is a hindrance to melee, not a gain.

i think warcry needs to have the attack speed bonus completely removed and replaced with melee damage, would preform similarly to rhinos' roar but only be effecting melee and not all forms of damage. another balancing factor you could use if you feel it necessary would be to make the damage bonus on the mobs effected by the slow rather then on the player itself.  

fourth:

adding the bonus to hysteria through the stats of her currently equipped melee weapon was a step in the right direction towards making hysteria useful and a step in the wrong direction towards melee2.0. its really lame having all these epic weapon options but you can only use the dual ichor if your going to take the damage on hey ult seriously.

i think you need to build the stats of hysteria off of best case scenario, have the stats as if the ichor was equipped along with the right melee mods and then remove the effect your current weapon has on the ability and allow the players to use the weapon they want to, not the weapon they have to.-----or up the base damage and crit then make it so the mods on your weapon effect the ability but not the base stats, but, this means your potentially killing the stats of your melee weapon by putting crit mods on a non-crit weapon so idk....

Wait Hysteria is weak?  if anything I've had a incredible boost in damage during the animation.  Hell I constantly get crits with Dual Ichors I guess it could be using certain Melee on Valkyr will make it feel weak with some it feels over powered.  Warcry is a good speed boost that you don't even need fury Bersekrer or Quickening if you have trouble maybe try using the pause type combos those work still fine while under warcry.  I guess it all rounds up to how you want to build her.  Mine is a quick and tanky girl who not only takes damage but can quickly and devastatingly dish it out.

Wait Hysteria is weak?  if anything I've had a incredible boost in damage during the animation.  Hell I constantly get crits with Dual Ichors I guess it could be using certain Melee on Valkyr will make it feel weak with some it feels over powered.  Warcry is a good speed boost that you don't even need fury Bersekrer or Quickening if you have trouble maybe try using the pause type combos those work still fine while under warcry.  I guess it all rounds up to how you want to build her.  Mine is a quick and tanky girl who not only takes damage but can quickly and devastatingly dish it out.

the higher attack speed no where near makes up for the loss of damage per swing. also this attack speed stacking just feeds into the issue with warcry as they are talking of giving her ult its own set of combos. GL landing those combos......

another thing is the fact that right now it's pointless to put on intensify or blind rage as they don't seem to affect her hyst. i keep it equipped for when i get low hp or when in high lv survivals and get to 30+ min so that i can be a dedicated revivor/ run to the life pod so the others can do the damage. i haven't seen anything past ~8k crit maybe, although usually 1k-4k while in t3 runs, and have ichors built for crits and the damage mods.

another thing is the fact that right now it's pointless to put on intensify or blind rage as they don't seem to affect her hyst. i keep it equipped for when i get low hp or when in high lv survivals and get to 30+ min so that i can be a dedicated revivor/ run to the life pod so the others can do the damage. i haven't seen anything past ~8k crit maybe, although usually 1k-4k while in t3 runs, and have ichors built for crits and the damage mods.

yeah in its current state the only reason i have it on my bar is so i can pop it to go res a down team mate in higher level content. your much better off building her for melee combat rather then a hysteria build in her current state. its sad her only ability that is "good" right now is her ripline.......

Hysteria still seems to work just as well as it did before.  Anything it could kill before, it kills still.  Anything it couldn't kill before, it still is unable.  As for the concepts hinted at in the devstream, they don't sound useful to me because Hysteria is a fake Melee/power.  It isn't really melee, and while it is a power, it takes away any attack functionality to let you punch for a few moments.

My opinion is just really low about hysteria.  If they do the additions and it helps make hysteria work better for people, then it will be nice for the people that still like using Hysteria.  Many other people will still wonder what Valkyr's role is in the game.

For those who are not observing a change in damage output, here's a summary I left in the bug section. Unfortunately, that thread hasn't gathered much attention.

THIS^^^^

is exactly what im talking about, the effects the patch dropped are a huge hit. way overboard. the fact that none of this was mentioned in the patch notes means it was likely a mistake but it would be nice for them to acknowledge the issue rather then just ignoring us.

I have my Val the way I want her now and that's a full throttle melee build. Only 2 forma's and a potato. TBH I really want to see what DE comes up with before suggesting ways of improving her. She is, in my opinion, broken atm and the devs have said she is getting changed.

Only thing I will say, I've yet to battle test her in level 50+ battle condition, but she's perfectly capable of soloing all nightmare modes and every vault key you throw at her.

In relation to warcry in OP. I use it for the armour buff and the attack speed with crit build melee weapons.

first:

so the changes mentioned in the last devstream even if only aspirational sound pretty epic and im really looking forward to it. really hoping that you guys play up an animalistic nature in her animations. (sprinting on all fours would be epic)

second:

im not sure what happened in melee2.0 that effected her damage output in hysteria but this needs to be addressed. against infested my hits would go as high as 40k when striking a weak-point and now i struggle to break 10k. there was a HUGE loss in damage output when none of the changes dropped in melee2.0 should have effected this. so, it seems either deliberate or a bug and needs to be changed back/addressed. in its current state hysteria isnt even worth having equipped. just use life strike, rage, and steel fiber and youll never "need" hysteria.

third:

even after adding an awesome animation set and fixing her damage output there is still a huge issue that popped up with melee2.0 on another one of her abilities: warcry.

warcry effecting speed was epic back when all your damage with melee was just done by spamming the quick attack key. but now, you have most of the damage potential wrapped up in this new awesome combo system and it does not synergyse AT ALL with warcry. 

now; warcry outright kills half the combos in the game, just cant use them at all wile its going. and the attack speed gain does not make up for the loss of those combos. so in its current state it is a hindrance to melee, not a gain.

i think warcry needs to have the attack speed bonus completely removed and replaced with melee damage, would preform similarly to rhinos' roar but only be effecting melee and not all forms of damage. another balancing factor you could use if you feel it necessary would be to make the damage bonus on the mobs effected by the slow rather then on the player itself.  

fourth:

adding the bonus to hysteria through the stats of her currently equipped melee weapon was a step in the right direction towards making hysteria useful and a step in the wrong direction towards melee2.0. its really lame having all these epic weapon options but you can only use the dual ichor if your going to take the damage on hey ult seriously.

i think you need to build the stats of hysteria off of best case scenario, have the stats as if the ichor was equipped along with the right melee mods and then remove the effect your current weapon has on the ability and allow the players to use the weapon they want to, not the weapon they have to.-----or up the base damage and crit then make it so the mods on your weapon effect the ability but not the base stats, but, this means your potentially killing the stats of your melee weapon by putting crit mods on a non-crit weapon so idk....

I wish they wouldn't only focus on her 4 Warcry need to cheaper to be viable like 50. Having it at 75 is a waste because with just 25 more energy you get to be invincible and gain health back. That being said, I think they should actually get rid of Warcry and add it to her Ult and take away the invincibility. 

Edited by Drathin

I have my Val the way I want her now and that's a full throttle melee build. Only 2 forma's and a potato. TBH I really want to see what DE comes up with before suggesting ways of improving her. She is, in my opinion, broken atm and the devs have said she is getting changed.

Only thing I will say, I've yet to battle test her in level 50+ battle condition, but she's perfectly capable of soloing all nightmare modes and every vault key you throw at her.

In relation to warcry in OP. I use it for the armour buff and the attack speed with crit build melee weapons.

yeah i have mine set to full melee jazz as well.

I wish they wouldn't only focus on her 4 Warcry need to cheaper to be viable like 50. Having it at 75 is a waste because with just 25 more energy you get to be invincible and gain health back. That being said, I think they should actually get rid of Warcry and add it to her Ult and take away the invincibility. 

i would not be apposed to this.