The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To De: Balance To Warframes

Vanhline

there is allot of talk about what frames are out of balance. if it is underpowered or overpowered and such.

im here to tell you that i personally dont find any ability in the game to be innately overpowered. its your whole ability systems that is flawed, not the abilities themselves.

you NEED to add cooldowns to the game. and im not talking "in use" cooldown i mean like give 'blessing' a 1 minute cooldown type of cooldown.

this allows you to instantly balance each individual ability based on said cooldown.

blessing to strong? well with a one-min cooldown now it can't be up all the time and is thus balanced into its rightful place as an oh-sh*t ability.

molecular prime to strong? how about a 30s-1min cooldown so it cant be spammed ever 3s, oh look now your only dropping it when you can maximize targets effected and thus finds its balance.

suddenly its okay for a frame like Mag to use 'crush' and it do like 50,000 damage to everything in the room making it useful at higher levels. because, it has a COOLDOWN and cant be spammed.

this should be your next focus, a total system overhaul. not one specific frame like trin or nova.

I disagree.

I also disagree.

Cooldowns would be incredibly stupid for this game. People would just run into a giant group use 4 to win and then wait for it to be up again while hiding in a room. Would fix absolutely nothing while making the game more boring. Awesome suggestion.

You guys thing Blessing needs a nerf then, right?

Edited by Thaumatos

Cooldowns would be incredibly stupid for this game. People would just run into a giant group use 4 to win and then wait for it to be up again while hiding in a room. Would fix absolutely nothing while making the game more boring. Awesome suggestion.

you mean as apposed to mag or banshe running into the room, pressing 4 and NOTHING happening? and then you do make it strong enough to kill things above level 20 now people just spam it back to back and remove all play from the game kinda like nova?

I disagree.

I also disagree.

im perfectly okay with people disagreeing with me, im not going to pretend to have all the answers here. this would fix the system but if you dont like it then lets hear your better idea? because things as they are just dont work, there is no balance what so ever and abilities that are thought to be "balanced" normally pale in comparison to just shooting the thing.

Edited by Vanhline

you mean as apposed to mag or banshe running into the room, pressing 4 and NOTHING happening? and then you do make it strong enough to kill things above level 20 now people just spam it back to back and remove all play from the game kinda like nova?

im perfectly okay with people disagreeing with me, im not going to pretend to have all the answers here. this would fix the system but if you dont like it then lets hear your better idea? because things as they are just dont work, there is no balance what so ever and abilities that are thought to be "balanced" normally pale in comparison to just shooting the thing.

Nah he just means that instead of being forced to play without 'press 4 to win' every so often, he'd rather have 'press 4 to win' the entire time.

People who argue against cooldowns simply want their OP and nothing more.

Nah he just means that instead of being forced to play without 'press 4 to win' every so often, he'd rather have 'press 4 to win' the entire time.

People who argue against cooldowns simply want their OP and nothing more.

this. all of it.

All ability damage should ignore the ever increasing armor gained by mobs. This armor is in the game to combat guns doing 20,000 dps and should never have had any effect on ability damage that peaks at around 1,000. That would make abilities that deal damage useful regardless of level and would be a better fix than cooldowns. Cooldowns with how Warframe is currently built wouldn't do any good.

I am 100% for Trinities Blessing being nerfed to the ground. Its beyond stupid its taken this long since the Rhino Iron Skin nerf for them to finally get around to her. I expect Invis/Smokescreen to get nerfed afterwards. I'm all for things being balanced but cooldowns just would not change anything for the better.

If you don't like how people use it just solo the game and play  your own way or get a group of friends that don't use powers you think need "cool down".

Don't try and fix something that isn't broken.

No.

Two more people to watch for crying over Blessing's incoming nerf.

If you don't like how people use it just solo the game and play  your own way or get a group of friends that don't use powers you think need "cool down".

Don't try and fix something that isn't broken.

except its not a single players game, if i wanted to play by myself i would be on a FORUM talking about a MULTIPLAYER game. 

its is broken, thats why there are constant nerf talk and why DE THEMSELVES have their eyes set on yet another set of incoming nerfs. 

All ability damage should ignore the ever increasing armor gained by mobs. This armor is in the game to combat guns doing 20,000 dps and should never have had any effect on ability damage that peaks at around 1,000. That would make abilities that deal damage useful regardless of level and would be a better fix than cooldowns. Cooldowns with how Warframe is currently built wouldn't do any good.

I am 100% for Trinities Blessing being nerfed to the ground. Its beyond stupid its taken this long since the Rhino Iron Skin nerf for them to finally get around to her. I expect Invis/Smokescreen to get nerfed afterwards. I'm all for things being balanced but cooldowns just would not change anything for the better.

Honestly I'd rather see skills change entirely.

1 - Spam: No cooldown

2 - Support:  Only re-usable after buff is removed (like Speed)

3 - CC: Short cooldown to keep from spamtastical madness (like Radial Blind)

4 - Ultimate:  Long cooldown to allow players to save themselves from a terrible situation (Long being relative to this game...probably 15-20 seconds)

As it stands right now, some skills already have cooldowns and nobody complains.  They're not detrimental to the game.  People just don't like the term "cooldown" with no context.

except its not a single players game, if i wanted to play by myself i would be on a FORUM talking about a MULTIPLAYER game. 

its is broken, thats why there are constant nerf talk and why DE THEMSELVES have their eyes set on yet another set of incoming nerfs. 

Talking about your idea not DE's

this. all of it.

My point is, this is an Action 3rd person shooter, not an MMORPG. Cooldowns would make the game slower, and we don't just inherently do good with 4, we earn the mods, set ourselves up, and even still we can die at the higher levels. We play for that, to be able to one hit everything until it's so bad we have to struggle to win. I've been at this for a year and 4 weeks. I'm strong, and I enjoy the game. I can honestly say that Cooldowns is a bad idea. Logically, it makes no sense. I don't care about Trinity's upcoming Nerf, no one does. It's a minor thing. The "System" is fine. Again, this isn't an MMORPG, it's an ATPS. So no, I don't want cooldowns, and no, I don't think anything is broken. If you want the game to be harder, play something hard. T3 defense is a monster after wave 30.

That won't stop you from going into a forum post and giving all your +1s to people crying over the nerf though...unfortunately.

Also, you. I don't like you. Stop it.

Edited by Funnymouth1

It's hard for me to take a stance on this.

For one, what everyone else has been saying is mostly true; it won't solve the imbalance, just make games slower. Caveat on that, things like mobile defense, survival, and defense, in which a player cannot run and hide to wait for their power to be ready again, would be affected significantly, perhaps for the better.

Also the only other MMO I've ever loved, City of Heroes, had every single action you could make on a cooldown, from the spam attacks to the nukes.

Eh. I don't think it's the solution we need. More than anything, the blatantly over/underpowered powers themselves need to be reworked.

My point is, this is an Action 3rd person shooter, not an MMORPG. Cooldowns would make the game slower, and we don't just inherently do good with 4, we earn the mods, set ourselves up, and even still we can die at the higher levels. We play for that, to be able to one hit everything until it's so bad we have to struggle to win. I've been at this for a year and 4 weeks. I'm strong, and I enjoy the game. I can honestly say that Cooldowns is a bad idea. Logically, it makes no sense. I don't care about Trinity's upcoming Nerf, no one does. It's a minor thing. The "System" is fine. Again, this isn't an MMORPG, it's an ATPS. So no, I don't want cooldowns, and no, I don't think anything is broken. If you want the game to be harder, play something hard. T3 defense is a monster after wave 30.

cooldown dont mean the game will be slower lol, using 4, it killing everything in the room and then being on cooldown for 30s is much faster then pressing 4 10 times til your out of energy and nothing dying. 

Edited by Vanhline

Also, you. I don't like you. Stop it.

You don't like when I pop your bubbles eh?

There are already cooldowns in the game.  Try another argument please...

cooldown dont mean the game will be slower lol, using 4, it killing everything in the room and then being on cooldown for 30s is much faster then pressing 4 10 times til your out of energy and nothing dying. 

What? Now you just sound silly.

From what I'm reading, you're saying that being able to spam 4 on a T3 Defense at wave 50 and nothing dieing immediately is a bad thing and because of this we need cooldowns? If English isn't your first language, don't post on the English forum please. Only because I'm having trouble piecing together what you're saying.