Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Deal With Idlers?

After wave 15, we all selected battle. This is where the plan goes in action. As the timer goes to zero, the three of us suddenly selected claim and exit, leaving him in the mission alone. He could still continue fighting only using his jaw sword or he could abort mission and  lose the stuff he idled for. Either way, it was satisfying.

hahaha dat sweet tasty satisfaction! you did well, very well =) 

Keep in mind that more players = more enemy spawing. Which can be very bad for defenses.

I can solo a 4 player defence alone so not really that difficult and I prefer more enemies anyway because more exp.

I've sad it before and I will say it again. This game needs a vote to kick option.

Some may argue that it will be abused by trolls, but to be honest, I would rather get kicked by a troll than be forced to play with him/her.

Trust me, you'll grow to hate it.

So you rather have people afk while you are trying to do a defense mission, leaving you short handed while they get rewarded for doing nothing?

A vote to kick will require for others to VOTE. It will be far less likely that you end up with 3 trolls. Besides, this could easily be rectified. Simply disabling the kick after the main goal has been completed is a good and simple solution.

And again, I will much rather be kicked by a troll than be forced to play with him/her.

I personally don't give a S#&$ what they do tbh. I'd rather them afk than to run around prancing like an idiot killing stuff all over the place or spamming unwanted skills. Someone who goes afk isn't a troll, that's somewhere along the lines of griefing, a troll is attempting to get you killed and just pretty much ruining your game play in general. If someone goes afk, it doesn't ruin your game play because things are so easily achievable, I can solo 60 waves + of infested defence so if 3 people are finding it hard to play with an afk then you're doing it wrong.

In other missions, I rush for the objective, so I could care less if they're afk unless it's only 2 in the mission and they're afk and I can't get past the door that requries two then that's a problem but other than that, afks are fine with me.

How is this Idling?

Seems like the appropriate term was leeching rather than idling but what the hell.

I'm still not convinced that the OP wasn't a hallway hero and the "idler" was the only person sitting at the pod.

Playing for a long time teaches you how to hate hallway heroes and how they can be bad for the spawn rate and exp sharing.

The guy was on the fence far enough to be ignored by enemies but not far enough to receive the exp near the pod

Use bounce, Switch tele or ripline

Too bad the build I was using has no bounce equipped though. The other guys are trinity and rhino so no one can annoy the guy

Play with friends

I was playing with friends until one of them needed to get off. I forgot to set it to private so yeah, my fault on that one

[sarcasm]and for the leaving booben for waves 16-20, just lol,you really punished him, because booben surely is not able to handle 100 waves solo[/sarcasm]

A booben could but it seems that he was only carrying his melee that he was trying to level up by leeching exp and not doing anything so I can tell chances of him finishing those waves wouldn't as high as a fully equipped booben

Thanks for the reply guys. Until there is a votekick or reputation system, it seems that trolling or leaving the mission are the most common way of dealing with these guys

I'm still not convinced that the OP wasn't a hallway hero and the "idler" was the only person sitting at the pod.

Playing for a long time teaches you how to hate hallway heroes and how they can be bad for the spawn rate and exp sharing.

The guy was on the fence far enough to be ignored by enemies but not far enough to receive the exp near the pod

Gotchya, I just wasn't sure.  I've been called an idler before by a pair of hallway heroes who were halfway across the map from me while I stayed at the pod.