Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Deal With Idlers?

So I played some Dark Sector defense in Ceres with my brothers. It was the shipyard tileset.  Some guy joined in before wave 5 and did nothing except threw a vortex. Wave 6 to 10, he went above the rails to be safe and threw some vortex; he even laugh when one of us gets downed. 10 to 15, he didn't bother helping at all. He was just standing on the fence doing nothing to help. I can tell that he is not afk since I can see him fidgeting a little every once in a while to get his position right.  It was so annoying, I talked to my brothers about getting back at him. 

After wave 15, we all selected battle. This is where the plan goes in action. As the timer goes to zero, the three of us suddenly selected claim and exit, leaving him in the mission alone. He could still continue fighting only using his jaw sword or he could abort mission and  lose the stuff he idled for. Either way, it was satisfying.

So people, how do you deal with idlers? I want to hear your stories with idlers 

HAHAHA. I've done the exact same thing and at one point I had this annoying Nova in my mission so me and friend chose to claim then last minute switched out to keep on going and another game I just threw bounces everywhere because I was vauban then bounced them onto those bounces then they ended up dying from like a hit of the mob and just left them there to die.

Very satisfying.

So I played some Dark Sector defense in Ceres with my brothers. It was the shipyard tileset.  Some guy joined in before wave 5 and did nothing except threw a vortex. Wave 6 to 10, he went above the rails to be safe and threw some vortex; he even laugh when one of us gets downed. 10 to 15, he didn't bother helping at all. He was just standing on the fence doing nothing to help. I can tell that he is not afk since I can see him fidgeting a little every once in a while to get his position right.  It was so annoying, I talked to my brothers about getting back at him. 

After wave 15, we all selected battle. This is where the plan goes in action. As the timer goes to zero, the three of us suddenly selected claim and exit, leaving him in the mission alone. He could still continue fighting only using his jaw sword or he could abort mission and  lose the stuff he idled for. Either way, it was satisfying.

So people, how do you deal with idlers? I want to hear your stories with idlers 

I had the exact same thing happen yesterday. Vauban standing at an elevated position, throwing a Vortex now and again, and otherwise remaining inactive.

He even chose to continue fighting when we had to.

i find those kind of people mainly on defense mission.

one time, there was a guy afk during the mission

it was defense alert against grineer.

so this guy is just standing somewhere in a secluded place near the wall above the defense objective.

i dont realize it until a few waves.

luckily i use loki.

so i just switch teleport with him.

and he died being the bullet sponge.

amazingly, the whole team didnt try to revive him.

i think they know that this guy is afk and get annoyed too.

so we just let him die in vain.

somehow it was satisfying haha

When I'm the host I do a migration and continue alone.

If I'm Loki I switchteleport them to their death.

If in defence mission I do the same thing you did, leaving at the last second.

Otherwise I report them.

I rarely do any missions in online mode. Mostly Solo or private with clan members/friends. The only time I resort to online mode is when I absolutely have to get those 3 or 5 runs in for a operation node, when the reward is sufficiently good to the point that I expect it to disappear rather quickly.

Because of these people.

Loki: Switch Teleport them to a crowd of enemies

Valkyr: Ripline

Vauban: Bounce

And don't revive him, if he uses a revive you know he was just afk'ing the whole time. If he doesn't he was probably busy when something random happens

I've sad it before and I will say it again. This game needs a vote to kick option.

Some may argue that it will be abused by trolls, but to be honest, I would rather get kicked by a troll than be forced to play with him/her.

I've sad it before and I will say it again. This game needs a vote to kick option.

Some may argue that it will be abused by trolls, but to be honest, I would rather get kicked by a troll than be forced to play with him/her.

And what if you're about to finish the mission? Kick so yeah.