Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Send In The Clones Or Why Clones Ruin Everything.

-Berserk-

"when everyone is super, no one will be." - Yoda, star trek, book 5.

This is my problem with Tenno specters; They devalue us, make us cheap and expendable. Ash is dead? good thing we cloned him six times, doesn't matter that he was an ancient warrior, everything that made him unique and special has been grown in a tube, six times! Hell in a couple days we should be able to overwhelm the entire solar system.

How to fix this?

Specters should be a projection of our will onto an automaton, a mixture of; Corpus Proxy technology, Grineer advanced prosthesis techniques, and the Tenno art of manipulating infected flesh (plastids and Nano spores) that when combined can mimic Tenno abilities when linked with a genuine Tenno. Spending time in the observatory? Activate your specter and passively channel your power to them while you meditate.

In this way;

They can be modeled after us or any way we want, they are no different than Corpus Proxies.

We don't have to deal with the moral implications of sending probably sentient copies of ourselves to fight and die for profit, like a crime against humanity level of evil reserved for the Grineer.

We don't loose the what it means to be a Tenno, the last of our kind, striving to bring balance to the solar system, not an army of cheap clones, there is not enough room for two armies of clones.

TL;DR?

Man batman and superman sure are powerful, why don't we just clone an army of them?

They can retire and we can dissolved the entire super hero league.

It really devalues the originals lives if everything that makes them special can be copied by anyone at anytime.

"when everyone is super, no one will be." - Yoda, star trek, book 5.

- Syndrome, The Incredibles.

Other than that, this sounds good, but for some reason, I have to say no. It just doesn't "feel" right, I guess.

Some cheap reasoning so I can feel better about making a comment: They're called "Specters". Ghosts. Literally the most pure projection of will (if you believe in the supernatural, that is). 

Uh huh, so where did you get the idea that spectres were actual clones? I mean considering that you have to craft them at all.

And just to clarify Warframes =/= Tenno, so yeah I think it's a no brainer that they're already proxies.

Uh huh, so where did you get the idea that spectres were actual clones? I mean considering that you have to craft them at all.

And just to clarify Warframes =/= Tenno, so yeah I think it's a no brainer that they're already proxies.

Read the description of a Specter; Cloned Replicants are the words used to describe them. Even then, Cloned Warframes?, it cant be that easy to make these power suits, I don't want o believe that the weapons used to turn the tide in a solar conflict can be copied by dudes who cant stop being captured.

They're worthless and incredibly expensive. A random grineer lancer with a warframe skin that you can use once.

I wont argue their functionality that can be tweaked, its their concept that I don't want to see etched into a lore stone, so to speak.

- Syndrome, The Incredibles.

Other than that, this sounds good, but for some reason, I have to say no. It just doesn't "feel" right, I guess.

Some cheap reasoning so I can feel better about making a comment: They're called "Specters". Ghosts. Literally the most pure projection of will (if you believe in the supernatural, that is). 

That's more than fair, I would take Ghost over clones.