Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Specters And/or Reduce Conclave Requirement

Pizzarugi

To be honest, I'd much prefer each tier of the specters to be locked behind various mastery levels. There's not much reason to grind items for mastery, so this would be a good reason to. Honestly though, what average late/endgamer will have the right mods and weapons to even get to 1800+ conclave? That's excessively high, and would require a rediculous loadout just so you can craft them.

Secondly, they need to be buffed. A lot. Given the fact they're both extremely expensive to craft and are essentially consumable, it just doesn't seem worth the effort to craft. Use them to defend the solar rails? I bet its still a 1-time use. They won't be of much use for missions either, because of how weak they currently are. Even if everyone in the team had a cosmic specter deployed, they'll be easily outmoded after 10 or so minutes in survival.

Well, at least buff the cosmic specter. They are the final tier after all. Have their level and strength be based on the level of the enemies which would keep them relevant throughout survival and defense, and would motivate players to strive to obtain them.

Also, can anyone confirm if they can be revived if they get downed? If not, then they should be.

Otherwise, there's not much reason to grind rescue 2.0 besides the syndana.

Edited by Pizzarugi

I was wondering just how good they were.

For one, yes, they should be revivable if they aren't (as the spectres inside the solar rails already are).

The crafting cost has been something I've been looking at and frowned upon. It's a lot of money for something that I cannot keep alive and recover at the end of the mission (this should be a feature. Keeping your dudes alive = you don't waste consumables).

As for conclave rating...I imagine that is supposed to dictate their overall strength. Cosmics are supposed to be the highest tier, and the Conclave Rating is to make sure you're not sending out Cosmic "cannon fodder", so to speak...so I assume they're copying your exact gear stats. But we do not know for sure yet. 

Edited by ScorpDK

from my experience making the specters just a tank build with maxed shields health and armor would be the best way to go at the moment but we'll have to see how it goes throughout the future

also to save resources and money just farm the lowest tier specters as they build 10 at a time have a extremely low cost also the highest tier gives 2 i believe.

Edited by DiddlyMcGee

As for conclave rating...I imagine that is supposed to dictate their overall strength. Cosmics are supposed to be the highest tier, and the Conclave Rating is to make sure you're not sending out Cosmic "cannon fodder", so to speak...so I assume they're copying your exact gear stats. But we do not know for sure yet. 

That remains to be seen. Peeps have reported their specters using Abilities that weren't equipped on them beforehand.

(this should be a feature. Keeping your dudes alive = you don't waste consumables).

I agree with this as well. If you managed to do the mission and get out of it with your specter still intact, you should be able to keep using it. Especially if the specter is cosmic.

Edited by Pizzarugi

We do. They don't inherit any mods you give them.

... ... ... then I can only ask: WHAT'S THE POINT, DE?! X_X

Geez, that just makes me even less likely to use them for anything, if I can't have a proper Frost defending the objective for me, and instead there's this nub that runs into the enemies head-first, shooting ice bolts...(which I NEVER use)...then there's no point.

... ... ... then I can only ask: WHAT'S THE POINT, DE?! X_X

Geez, that just makes me even less likely to use them for anything, if I can't have a proper Frost defending the objective for me, and instead there's this nub that runs into the enemies head-first, shooting ice bolts...(which I NEVER use)...then there's no point.

If it makes you feel any better, rhino specters are capable of using iron skin. Or at least the rhino primes do, since thats what I tested them with.

Bumping with a new suggestion:

Cosmic spectres could be treated similarly to extractors. You can deploy a spectre to help in missions as normal, but anytime it is out, you can interact with the spectre. Interacting with the spectre will cause it to revert back into its ball form then disappear back into your inventory. While it sits in your inventory, it regenerates HP (obviously faster than an extractor). In the meantime, you can deploy a different spectre until the previous one regenerates.

Should a spectre die (and if cosmic, you don't revive them quickly enough), you will have to rebuild it. Completing a mission with deployed spectre still alive will allow you to deploy it again with whatever HP it had remaining.

What if you have multiple cosmic spectres? Simple. Whenever you deploy a cosmic spectre, you will automatically select a spectre with the most HP similarly to how the game already sorts extractors with the most HP to the top.

Edited by Pizzarugi