Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Rescue Mission

eraze93

Well i dont feel the "stealth" actualy. my squad is like do the same thing as exterminate mission, rush thing, i keep hearing the alarm.

because the point of the mission is just rush thing until near the prison area, just dont alert the warden.

i want to feel the stealth from the beginning of the game, so i can watch 4 man squad do the "crouching"

scout the room, how many greener they are and execute them one on one in stealth.

COME ON WE ARE NINJA, EVEN IN SPACE, WE CALLED OUR SELF NINJA?? EVEN IF WE DETECTED OFTEN???

NINJA GOT DETECTED OFTEN?

and IF we got alerted, it should be like a courier-greener that otw to their warden to alert them so the warden will do the

"Execution Sequence" then we got a challenging 60 seconds to save the prisoner from where we got alerted, if we failed to kill the courier.

and i REALY want to see the "Execution Sequence" like the warden chop the prisoner head off, or just shot them,

WE TENNO SEE THE CONSEQUENCE IF WE FAILED, see with our own eyes that how the prisoner got executed, and motivate us to do better in next mission so we can save them!

and the lol thing, i experienced one mission when we do save the prisoner in 1 second remaining (in last seconds), i just actualy proud of my squad when we do the "just in time" rescued. i see the prisoner out from the room, from the prison.

BUT, boom mission failed, and lotus tell us the prisoner has been killed, lol, he just next to me!

and see this pict:

vkTjpDI.jpg

guys guess time! how in the world i can get 16 point? lucky i guess, or bugg. i know the answer, i will reveal the answer later.
but now guess time! how can i get 16 point?

clue: Im doing nightmare mission.

maybe this can be a feedback thread too. hm.

Edited by eraze93

guys guess time! how in the world i can get 16 point? lucky i guess, or bugg. i know the answer, i will reveal the answer later.

but now guess time! how can i get 16 point?

clue: Im doing nightmare mission.

maybe this can be a feedback thread too. hm.

3829536+_1b667fa428b0553e9a4cc5c215872e3

Done my 100 with no stealth or nightmare mode.

I feel DE didn't fix anything that was bad about rescue, those numbers they got from the survey tricked them, as they dont show the real reason why rescue is bad.

Edited by 7grims

I feel DE didn't fix anything that was bad about rescue, those numbers they got from the survey tricked them, as they dont show the real reason why rescue is bad.

So you played them like they were exterminations ?

That's actually a legitimate problem with using 'big data' research without properly contextualized questions.

I actually made a post about the necessity to use more clear, focused questions to avoid that problem in the original poll thread. Hopefully they'll keep that in mind later. It feels like they took the feedback that said "speed/reward are vital", and applied it to Rescue, without addressing some of the actual issues with Rescue that made people DISLIKE it independent of those goals. Again: Context.

I actually got frustrated during my attempts to stealth due to no longer being able to use my codex scanner to figure out which way NPCs are facing, since I prefer to Ash rather than Loki Troll when I stealth. I might just roll it extermination style myself with Nova instead to see how well I do, might post feedback after trying that.

...Do like the promise of more lore, though, especially on the counter Corpus/Grineer side. Big ups.

Edited by KoshLovesYou

Uhm, I think the reason why they choose to rework rescue is because it was almost universally disliked, giving them carte blanche on whatever they wanted to try out with the game in the future. I don't think this rework is meant to fix the whole issue of the mission type and why people don't like it but allows them to change something in the game without anyone complaining and see how people react to new concepts.

Grated, they just threw in a half assed(cause only one tile requires it) stealth objective that is more efficiently completed by rushing in and AoEing the crap out of everything than actually trying to remain undetected and kill silently. Rescue 2.0 puts the whole stealth gameplay, or the lack thereof, under a magifying glass and shows everyone how underdeveloped the whole concept is.

Sure, you can tweak numbers and make being seen an instant failure, which is what I expected tbh, but as long as rushing and spamming is even remotely as effective as what you want people to actually do, players will continue to take the easy way out by minimizing risks and being time efficient. There is no cover, lean or peek future, no visible enemy LoS, no dynamically placed boxes and cargo to hide behind, no clear visual and auditive tells when and where someone has seen you. Shade even becomes a liability becuase the enemy can see it before Shade cloaks you. Perma-Invisibility negates any challenge that would be left. Failure states are to lax with a whole minute between the alarm sounding and the hostage getting killed.

It's not the mission that isn't fun, it's the underlying mechanics that don't fail from making a gimmick challenging.