The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rescue 2.0... What Arc Traps?

LGear

I tried a tier 3 rescue this morning. I fuuucked up 3 times. Do I want it to be made easier as a result? NO. I just need to learn and adapt. It annoys me that people find a new game mode difficult and DE immediately dumbs it down. They need to put their foot down for once and say to the community NO this is how it is, if you're screwing up you need to use your brains and get better instead of whinging like a bunch of pampered toddlers. 

I'd be too much hassle to put them back in (yet another hotfix). Besides, a lot of people would just complain again, and DE really doesn't need that...

Even so, the arc traps posed a danger to the hostage, so they had to be removed anyway. This was especially apparent if one of your genius IQ teammates decided to open the main door - which the hostage would always exit through when it was available - then the hostage would run strait into a laden mine field, and get downed. 

A downed hostage... in a minefield... that sounds like a lot of fun especially when a prosecutor pops in to visit. 

That was more, or less the reason for the removal. 

That wasnt the issue, the issue is that people didnt feel like actually taking it slow during the actual slow part of the mission, AKA the usual.

If anything, the more likely cause was that during solo missions if you are caught during this part you get a bunch of enemies appearing while at the same time having to take traps out ends up with a very busy situation. And apparently they didnt want to create some sort of behaviour that spawns more traps if more people joined so they just lowered the amount for everyone.

I took this particular video before the latest hotfix dropped, but still shows that Arc Traps aren't really much of a problem going in. And I didn't have to fire a single shot.

you can thank the people who complained that there were too many arc traps= mission too hard.

they made them less in a hot fix >.<

Pardon me but do explosives work on the Arc Traps? This could save me a whole lot of trouble.

i'm not sure about grenade launchers and such, but i'm positive that the arc traps are immune to warframe abilities

I think arc traps were fine, when you have a gun....

^

They are, unfortunately, very hard to kill with stealth weapons (melee, bow, kunai) which is really annoying. I think that's the big issue. It took me a few runs and 2-3 revives for me to figure out that it takes 4 Castanas blown up simultaneously to kill an arc trap. Makes no sense, it's not like they have that much health.

Also, I've had the prisoner get killed by them 2-3 times cuz he randomly walks over near them or a teammate pulls him over near them.