The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unreal Tournament Is Coming Back, De Has Any Involvement?

Cemges

I loved the old UT games, I played them all religiously, I was even "pro" in the 2003-2004 era (highly ranked clan on clanbase) but UT3 kinda fell flat for me, it was the same game with a lot more graphical polish, but that polish somehow got in the way to the twitch shooting and movement set.

I don't think a new UT game would do well in this market, everyone only cares about MMS FPS which is a lot slower and a lot less twitch based and has "realistic" weapons and "bloody screen so real crouch to heal" stuff, prime example is titanfall, it had plenty of "new ideas" (hint: it was pretty close to UT) and it sold decently from what I hear but most people stopped playing it really fast and went back to CoD/BF/campingsnipersim2015 because it's pretty fast and "unrealistic", I played UT as a teenager, I had the energy and drive for it back then and could keep up, installed UT99 for old times sake some months ago and man it's brutal, you need a level of focus and reactions I don't really have anymore, I still did well from sheer experience, but I lost a lot of fights teenage me wouldn't.

I'm not sure teenagers of today are interested in that kind of game, they all seem hyped up on crappy zombie survival and minecraft clones.

Frankly Warfame scratches my UT itch while being less hectic, NPCs are less demanding to play against than other players.

Edited by KriLL3

I loved the old UT games, I played them all religiously, I was even "pro" in the 2003-2004 era (highly ranked clan on clanbase) but UT3 kinda fell flat for me, it was the same game with a lot more graphical polish, but that polish somehow got in the way to the twitch shooting and movement set. I don't think a new UT game would do well in this market, everyone only cares about MMS FPS which is a lot slower and a lot less twitch based and has "realistic" weapons and "bloody screen so real crouch to heal" stuff, prime example is titanfall, it had plenty of "new ideas" (hint: it was pretty close to UT) and it sold decently from what I hear but most people stopped playing it really fast and went back to CoD/BF/campingsnipersim2015 because it's pretty fast and "unrealistic".

Its sad because the more skillfull and better made games with new and innovative ideas are being ignored because of CoD which is unfair trash with a terrible community and Battlefield and over priced cash grab with unfinished content and balancing issues. And don't even get me started on halo 4.

The only game that came out better was gears of war 3. They improved the controls, the matchmaking connection is great and most importantly the experience is fair, fun and team based. *With the exception of the sawed off shotgun"

This is why I hate current gen shooters.