Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jumping Very Unresponsive

Adorabus

Hello. I have a lot of trouble jumping. My space bar is working, I know because I am typing this with no problems. When I press it in game it hardly ever makes me jump. Sometimes it makes me roll too. I thought tap shift is for roll, spacebar is too now?

Is there any way I can fix this? Thank you!

Do problems still occur in Solo mode? (When you're playing with other people, it's always possible one of their computers is acting as the server and might be sort of crappy.)

Are there any gamepads or joysticks you have plugged-in? If so, does unplugging them make the problem go away?

I've experience this problem too, the parkour\jumping\wallrunning controls often feel unresponsive and sticky. I experience this even when playing solo, and I average about 80 fps during the majority of game play. Like the OP I often have to press space bar multiple times to get the jump to work, and I know it's not my keyboard because it works fine in other games.

I've experience this problem too, the parkour\jumping\wallrunning controls often feel unresponsive and sticky. I experience this even when playing solo, and I average about 80 fps during the majority of game play. Like the OP I often have to press space bar multiple times to get the jump to work, and I know it's not my keyboard because it works fine in other games.

Ok, it's pretty well known that after update7, jump has been super unresponsive when you're up against certain objects, like railings, low fences or even the cryopod (though the pod thing might date a while back). Sometimes when you move up against a low fence or rail, something that you'd easily hop over in previous patches, you would instead be unable to jump, at all. Stopping the forward movement and stand still, then jump up, followed by moving forward works to solve this. This is either buggy code or intentional change in movement mechanics, and either way I hope it's re-evaluated/fixed soon.

Also, when going down a slope like stairs or incline, you cannot jump, as the physics engine treats you as "falling" and "airborne" and you can't jump when not standing on solid ground.

But, I don't think that's what the OP's talking about.

The weird one I see a lot of is trying to jump when near the top of stairs. Not actually on the staircase, but rather approaching it on the level at the top of the stairs. No idea what that's all about, but more often than not I just end up running down the stairs instead of leaping over the railing to chop the poor suckers below. XD

I've had the roll thing happen from trying to jump a few times now, which confused me and I tried to figure it out, but could never re-create it.

I am having various jump issues and general jump sluggishness or downright unresponsiveness even with good frames (unless I am mistaken)

Edit:

Sometimes I've stood there pressing jump and nothing happens, move around then I can magically jump again. Pretty odd. This is of course beyond being too close to an object or falling-forever on a rail or something.. just standing in open.

A friend who I play with in Canada has a lot more trouble doing the map required parkour moves when he isn't hosting, we seem to have the same when he hosts.

I am curious if maybe they moved Sprint and Jump to Server-Side instead of Client-Side?

Edited by Alienami