Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Pls. Fix Status Mods. Naow.

Stefanovich

Words are imperfect vessels at best.  I can tell you for certain that the wise would not dismiss good arguments which are badly worded.  Of course noone can speak without words, but in the end the meaning is what is important.

If you can understand the meaning then you can forget the words.

LMAO... Badly worded only when that person is incapable of doing so. My friend came from another country, so when he made some posts on the forums, he had to clarify that "sorry for my bad English". No one would attack him, and they took him seriously. This OP here purposefully made his arguments with S#&$ty grammar, when he is fully capable of making one better than my friend that I mentioned, hence the responses made against the OP's thread.

If you want us to take you seriously, how about you be serious as well. Making S#&$ty haiku with broken English doesn't make you look intelligent or funny. You are trying way too hard to be cool.

On topic: since I'm a generous person, I will ignore your crappy humorous attempt and say that yes, the status mods are unbalanced.

I guess some people are always negative nellies. The point of this thread is to convey how it has been 4 months since these mods have become literally useless, and it is high time that DE takes some spare time to correct a very simple thing to greatly improve the usability of proc builds, espeically considering that THOASANDS of people didn't get the 2 sets of status chance event mods which downright trample the already useless status mods.

This is only one of the large amounts of issues, but it can be easily fixed. Don't know why you're targeting my posts and insulting me for no reason.

This thread is sad. The Warframe community used to be pretty good at telling whether someone was joking around or not, but the posts here look like they came straight out of Basilmarket.

OT:

+1 i cried

If you want us to take you seriously, how about you be serious as well. Making S#&$ty haiku with broken English doesn't make you look intelligent or funny. You are trying way too hard to be cool.

On topic: since I'm a generous person, I will ignore your crappy humorous attempt and say that yes, the status mods are unbalanced.

I think you're taking him pretty seriously. Actually, you may be the most serious person in this thread. 

This thread is sad. The Warframe community used to be pretty good at telling whether someone was joking around or not, but the posts here look like they came straight out of Basilmarket.

No, this thread is funny! All you have to do is just laugh at the people who can't tell it's funny.

It's not the changing of digits that's the complicated part, it's choosing what those digits should be.

Currently the mods sit at +15% status chance. It would be a major change if DE just arbitrarily bumped it up to 150%. This could lead to issues with some weapons becoming imbalanced due to their status chances. Sure, a 150% status chance increase wouldn't imbalance the guns with low status chances, but the ones with medium or high status chances would then easily be able to hit 50% status chance or greater without any other mods to help it along. If combined with the Cicero Crisis and Tethra's Doom event mods, you could end up with a nearly 300% increase to status chance, so any weapon with a status chance above 25% would be able to hit 100% status chance, something that (likely) wouldn't be intended given the original status chance of 25% (for a similar example look at the Soma and its crit chance, they wanted it to be high, but not 100%; compare to the Synapse and Amprex, which they actually wanted to allow players to hit a 100% crit chance with).

If DE were to buff the status chance mods, they would have to look at how it affects every single weapon in the game, and probably change several status chance numbers as well to tweak the balancing how they want it to be from weapon to weapon.

Thank you for actually understanding. I'm over people thinking everything is a 5 minute fix.

I'd love a buff as much as the next person, but DE would need to change more than just a few numbers. Pretty much all the event mods would need to be nerfed to coincide with the regular mod buffs, and then like was mentioned certain guns would probably need to have their stats changed too.

OP isn't funny, but still I'll +1 for the message he attempted to deliver.

Evidently, the OP is a top bloke and many "aspiring writers" and students aren't realy going anywhere interesting. 

Thing is; some dual stat mods are offering +15%. Some main mods are offering 2.5%. Quite simply It's silly. What we need is for the main mod to offer more boost than the dual stat mods. 

It IS a simple fix. Any attempt DE makes would be better than what we have now. I'd recommend 15% per level for the main mods and 7% for the dual stat mods. 

You don't get warning points if you post a troll gif without a comment in a troll thread

if you post a gif without a comment that responds to the OP in a serious thread ull get a warning or deletion of your comment

I have 2 warnings I think I have it down to a T

It's not the changing of digits that's the complicated part, it's choosing what those digits should be.

Currently the mods sit at +15% status chance. It would be a major change if DE just arbitrarily bumped it up to 150%. This could lead to issues with some weapons becoming imbalanced due to their status chances. Sure, a 150% status chance increase wouldn't imbalance the guns with low status chances, but the ones with medium or high status chances would then easily be able to hit 50% status chance or greater without any other mods to help it along. If combined with the Cicero Crisis and Tethra's Doom event mods, you could end up with a nearly 300% increase to status chance, so any weapon with a status chance above 25% would be able to hit 100% status chance, something that (likely) wouldn't be intended given the original status chance of 25% (for a similar example look at the Soma and its crit chance, they wanted it to be high, but not 100%; compare to the Synapse and Amprex, which they actually wanted to allow players to hit a 100% crit chance with).

If DE were to buff the status chance mods, they would have to look at how it affects every single weapon in the game, and probably change several status chance numbers as well to tweak the balancing how they want it to be from weapon to weapon.

Your point doesn't hold much ground, unfortunately. It's clear that not much thought is put into the status chances.

The Cicero/Tethra mods give you 120% extra status chance along with 60% more electrical and toxic damage while costing just 14 mod points for the two of them combined, while the normal mods give you 15-30% for 9 mod points and no extra damage. The next big event's mods will probably be another set of dual damage/status too, bumping that up to 180% while the obtainable mods are still the same as before.

There's no need for carefully planned out value changes. They need to be buffed to be at least around as good as the event mods, period.

Edited by Incursum

Thank you for actually understanding. I'm over people thinking everything is a 5 minute fix.

I'd love a buff as much as the next person, but DE would need to change more than just a few numbers. Pretty much all the event mods would need to be nerfed to coincide with the regular mod buffs, and then like was mentioned certain guns would probably need to have their stats changed too.

OP isn't funny, but still I'll +1 for the message he attempted to deliver.

This is a beta, we are meant to test if something is op or not. Your argument is taken down by 15 words. 

This is a beta, we are meant to test if something is op or not. Your argument is taken down by 15 words. 

I didn't realise I had an argument. Simply saying DE needs ample time before changing something that effects multiple different weapons in multiple different ways.

• 2 months later...

dont think anyone is gonna equip these kinds of mods without the illusion of damage numbers on them. They have a place on a lot of weapons, Id double the total percentage buff to start with and leave the current mod cost alone to start, but im thinking close to triple is gonna be the ideal number.

certain element combinations are absolute murder, especially on heavies/bosses. dont underestimate the ability to proc them

It's like 3/4 of the people in this thread think words and grammar are more important than ideas and meaning.

No but ideas and meaning are completely useless if one cannot properly get them out of one's head. The cure for cancer isn't going to do any good if you can't effectively communicate the principle it functions off of.

They aren't more important but equal, the communication part is the one the OP failed at so naturally it will be discussed.

Hmmm....after countless research and scientific investigation. I have concluded that the OP is trying to communicate!

Countless...hours? "Countless research" makes no sense.

Just trying to play on your level. But if you'll allow me to step on a different level, clearly you have seen his other posts are fluent so he's not an idiot. I'm an aspiring writer too, but even I can clearly see the spelling is in jest, and it is a jest on a forum for a video game, which has markedly different language requirements than a scientific paper. Everyone here has to have gotten the true point of the post, that status mods have to be buffed. If you didn't then you're the ones who need schooling.

Edited by ROSING

Everytime I see a didn't read gif. I just think...

How does everyone get away with it? I posted one my entire history and get a warning point.

"Q: Why am I being punished and others are not?
A: You cannot see the warning points of others, only your own. Don't assume others got away free and you were being singled out."

You don't get warning points if you post a troll gif without a comment in a troll thread

if you post a gif without a comment that responds to the OP in a serious thread ull get a warning or deletion of your comment

I have 2 warnings I think I have it down to a T

I wouldn't go around giving bad advice to others, if I were you.

Spam/derailment posts removed. Moved to the proper section.